Why are STEM students so salty and rustled all the time about Humanities students? Both are tied with a desire to learn...

Why are STEM students so salty and rustled all the time about Humanities students? Both are tied with a desire to learn, what makes doing some droning computer work different than pursuing an intellectual art?

Just curious. Maybe Veeky Forums is just full of fags. The fact that most on this board are high schoolers probably gives plenty of meaning.

Sorry for not biting the bait for playing into your stereotype, but I respect people that purse those fields.

Life would be pretty boring without art and culture, so of course I appreciate the work of people in humanities.

t. CSE PhD Student

The capitalism has destroyed the concept of polymath. Now these fags only think in terms of "productivity". The real desire to understand and measure the world from all perspectives is not needed anymore; Modern world just needs technicians.

There's a major difference between being "ruslted" by something and just having absolutely zero respect or consideration for something.

You're not fooling me with that bait faggot

do you find to be true, especially in your field?

why have no respect?

Because they lack rigour, which means their conclusions are not absolute. There is also a large amount of bad science going on in these fields, which makes them an easy target to dick on.

Humanities are easy, straightforward degrees full of kids who bought into the "must go to college, but I'm not really an achiever" meme. They are also impractical, with few exceptions, and their lack of rigor and softness allow for a minefield of subjectivity.

STEM is still difficult and oftentimes lucrative. Less watered down and full of casuals.

It's the modern university that has caused this. It used to be that all students were achievers and doing something worthwhile with their time. Now everyone is a faggot

It would be better if people focused more on real things and not wasted their time on art and other such bullshit.

how can you assume all students are like that? Are you retarded? When I see a math autist wearing some glasses and baggy jeans and being socially inept, I don't assume all other math students to be so.

basically: being non-STEM doesn't mean you aren't an achiever or worthy of respect, but there's a higher chance that you're not than if you were STEM

Why would you have zero respect for history, literature, philosophy, etc? Are you autistic?

>minefield of subjectivity.

Subjectivity is just as valid as objectivity when dealing with human behaviour and relationships. You can't study humans without taking account of subjectivity. Humans are not rocks or boiling water, you autist.

superiority complex

it's funny because if this was the case everyone would want to commit suicide. That is never going to work and wouldn't work. Not everyone strives to be a robot

this has some truth in it. However, to bash an entire part of education is really hubristic
hes one of those "supreme physics majors"

You can respect the field, doesn't make you respect the people. These degrees have become watered down and just because you happen to be in them you aren't guaranteed respect for it anymore.

It can be valuable but it makes for easy and oftentimes meaningless course material. 80% of what you are learning is someone's opinion or confirmation bias.

>this is the superior STEM race
how do you true stem bros put up with these kind of people?

No one in STEM actually hates the humanities. We simply have contempt for a lot of it. I'll say it again, blame the modern academic climate that has taken the prestige out of these programs and made them run of the mill default diploma degrees.

I am not salty about them, I just don't respect them.

Don't get me wrong, I respect artists a lot. A fucking lot. Certain artists are, after some mathematicians, the people I respect the most.

That said, I don't respect "artists in training" because it is clear that people who study the humanities do not learn anything in the 4 years they are there. Why do I say this? I say this because if you see engineers, 100% of engineers who graduate with engineering degrees are capable of being engineers.

But artists? Maybe like 0.01% of the people who graduate with art degrees are capable of being actual artists. And I don't mean the traditional art of painting, I mean writing, poetry, dancing, etc. Most of those people are fucking failures. Before and after doing their humanities degree they are failures.

Also, most of the time the artists I respect the most tend to be people who did not study art. Papa Miyazaki studied political science and that is why he is able to craft messages so powerful. On the other hand, people who study arts get caught in their own little bubble where meaning is simply being as abstract and retarded as possible and that simply does not attract me. Pseudo intellectuals who circle jerk each other do not attract me.

I think that artists are born artists. People who are not born artists but study art (99.9% of the people studying art) are simply lazy fucks who want to get away with earning 6 figures while doing nothing, while the real artists who become succesful are known for overworking themselves, for abusing substances just to keep working, to destroy their own mental state just to further their art.

Postmodernism happened, now we are enemies

>It can be valuable but it makes for easy and oftentimes meaningless course material. 80% of what you are learning is someone's opinion or confirmation bias.

That's not so much the fault of the scholars and researchers, but the nature of their field. How are you supposed to gain an objective understanding of ancient Greece 2000 years ago, beyond any surviving architecture and so on.

>Subjectivism is always bad
>Science gives the absolutely true

You are confirming the autistic STEM stereotype.

once again, you CANNOT place every student in the arts into a bubble. There are some who know they are great artists and major in that said art because they can learn more craft and have more time to dedicate themselves to it. Of course not everyone comes out being an artist. That said, nobody can come out of a math course a mathematician. Each field takes hard work. Why should you be placed on a pedestal and a hard working artist below you?

Good artists appreciate science, good scientists appreciate art.

i have plenty of respect for humanities, just not "cultural studies" bullshit. philosophy is the foundation all science after all, and traditionally all scientists were philosophers

it's always entertaining when some faggot like yourself is insecure and feels the need to project it like this though, keep crying

>the nature of their field

Exactly. I think you found where the schism between STEM and non-STEM fundamentally lies.

You keep whining about autism and acting like STEM = robot like a petulant kid. No one is assigning absolute value judgements, the fact that the humanities are more subjective made them more vulnerable to being watered down and bastardized, which is what happened. Sorry.

I was an excellent writer growing up in grade school and my AP teachers strongly recommended I pursue creative writing but I couldn't tolerate the endless bullshittery and personal speculation in literature classes and decided to invest in a useful STEM degree instead. If you are truly talented at something like writing you aren't going to need a strict, on the rails 4 year degree to do it.

Today, with string theory, multiverses and the like, science has finally rejoined philosophy. STEM is hereby officially STEAM. There is no longer any distinction.

what STEM students cannot ever, ever accept is that they cannot differentiate themselves from any other person in their field.

Literally every STEM cuck is just BTFO by some genius kid, and they'll always try to dispose that idea. The fact that STEM fags major in something because of its """usefulness""" is sad.

If you were really useful, you'd had been told by now.

t. Math major who hates everyone in my field. You guys are turbo autists

>you CANNOT place every student in the arts into a bubble
I didn't. I put them in TWO bubbles. The 0.01% of talented people and the 99.9% of lazy fucks who want to do nothing for 4 years and then get a job at their daddy's firm.

>Of course not everyone comes out being an artist.
And isn't this weird? Why does everyone who goes through an engineering degrees does come out being an engineer.

This fact implies one of two things. Either art courses are complete failures, or the majority of art students are complete failures. (Or both).

>nobody can come out of a math course a mathematician.

I am not talking about courses. I am talking about degrees. And every person who goes through a pure mathematics degree is 100% ready to go to their PhD. Sure, some don't do it but this is different because to be a mathematician you NEED a PhD, it is an extra pre-requisite. To be an artists, as I said before, does not EVEN need a bachelors in art. And yet people go and get their bachelors in art (which is an over-qualification) and still come out failures. The cancer of modern society, I'd say.

>Why should you be placed on a pedestal and a hard working artist below you?

Because people who go to STEM degrees come out highly trained individuals. With mountains upon mountains of technical knowledge READY to be applied in different industries.

Art majors are, most of the times, failures even in their own field.

>Good artists appreciate science, good scientists appreciate art.

I appreciate art, I just don't respect the drug addicted, too-liberal minded, lazy fucks that major in the humanities. Specially because most great artists are not even artists by training. They are artists by trade. Remember Miyazaki.

postmodernism is the point where art and philosophy became divorced from any attempts to describe the world in any way that might resemble the way that it actually is

it became a total fiction, existing purely for the entertainment of those with enough free time on their hands and who are masochistic enough to want to waste their brief existences on this planet teasing apart its pointless, obscurantist puzzles

why aren't you allowing STEM students to be lazy fucks? They are all just doing it for a job. Most don't care about their field.

why is a degree some sort of magical knowledge item?
Higher education is for those who seek more knowledge in a certain field, it shouldn't be about jobs. You act as if only artists can fail. Engineers may have a degree, but that doesn't make them a GOOD engineer either.

>Strawman: the post

I'm not sure if you misunderstood what I was saying or are just a retard.

I was talking about the humanities disiplinees, not the students you fuckwit.

>post is about humanities STUDENTS
>can't read what he's posting in

Never fail, Veeky Forums

>no reading comprehension
>blames the thread title
>that he created

oh dear

>Why are STEM students so salty and rustled all the time about Humanities students?
because

>why aren't you allowing STEM students to be lazy fucks? They are all just doing it for a job. Most don't care about their field.

Because that doesn't make sense. If you knew what the load of a STEM degree is you would know how fucked up it is to say what you just said.

In STEM there is no "Hey guise, 2000 word essay about 1800s art. All opinions are valid

College 100 years ago

>Damn user, you are so very talented and passionate in X, you should go onto university to pursue that field further

College today

>you need to go to college no matter what, you may choose what you "want" to do after the fact then dabble in it for a few years before forgetting it all and graduating

This should answer it for you

In an ideal world, everybody would be forced to go through education throughout their entire lives. They would be assigned mandatory courses from a wide variety of disciplines. This education would coincide with small amounts of highly-skilled labor. There will be no need for manual labor and other soul-crushing work. This kind of work will either be phased out entirely because it no longer produces goods that are valued (i.e., diamonds, oil etc.) or it will be automated.

>100 years ago
>just follow a doctor around until he starts teaching you medicine

>now
>get 4.0 gpa, 6000 hours volunteering, be an olympic level athelete, build homes for wakandans in your spare time, be elementary school skipping champion
>maybe get accepted into med school

>wah they can't DRAW GOOD DX
FUCKING AUTISM