I do not know if this topic belongs on this board but I want to hear Veeky Forums's point of view:

I do not know if this topic belongs on this board but I want to hear Veeky Forums's point of view:
How exactly will Trump's presidency influence the American education system?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/YwZ0ZUy7P3E
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Well judging by his nomination, the public education system will get significantly worse while private for cost religious education systems will improve marginally.

Ultimately the middle class will be hurt the most as they wont be able to afford the schools which will benefit from his policies.

It will be made great again, obviously.

Its interesting to me that when Donald was listing all the things that he will make America best at in the world, education was not one of them. But its not like Hilary would be any better. The Davos Men want humanity as retarded possible.

Rural poor voted for this chump, and he's gonna make education for rural poor communities worse than ever. Good job.

Brainlet here, how does the president influence education? I thought that was mostly handled at the local level.

President can't really do much without Congress approval.

Incremental influence and very little change in a span of 8 years. Kinda like everyone else before him.

t. guy who knows nothing about our government

also repubs have house and senate majority

rip welfare queen scientists

This is going to be one of those threads.

Why would a guy who was put in office by uneducated white people want to give 'em book larnin'?

>implying they aren't already the best in the world

School voucher programs at the detriment of public school funding.

by teaching them to love walls and hate hispanic people

this is Obama's America

subtle difference

At the very best it will simply stagnate

At the very worst it will go on a downward spiral until kids are exceptionally more retarded than they are now

I fucking hate hillary but this is pretty much undeniable

>How exactly will Trump's presidency influence the American education system?

Not much, his cabinet pick for secretary of education could in fact be arguably the least qualified of all his cabinet.

Besty Devos has only a BA in business admin/ political science, advocate for charter schools and vochers. She has (at least to my knowledge) no personal standing on how education curriculum as a whole should be dealt with.

She is basically the "wife"/"daughter"/"sister"/"friend" of much more successful men in her family. And may in fact gotten the position solely because of that alone.

Ben Carson should have been picked for Education since he at least knows what academic success looks and provides scholarships based on merit.

Basically she's a business/ tax-cut proxy. Which I suspect is why Trump barely talks about education because he knows this.

Don't forget that she wants to cut public school funding and subsidize religious charter schools.

On that topic, could an educational system that prioritizes religion and manual labor over higher learning realistically lead to society becoming more retarded, at least in terms of demographics?

youtu.be/YwZ0ZUy7P3E

But that's wrong you plebian.
This is a good thing.

He's a fan of vouchers, so you can just put your kid in any school you want.

It will probably 'Make America Great Again' as you will no longer have a 1950s style of top-down curriculum that's uniform for everybody and will allow individual students to pursue their own genius instead of being lost in a dull curriculum.