This is a recent photo of the Earth and Moon taken from Mars

This is a recent photo of the Earth and Moon taken from Mars

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jBpBJZF1598
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

fake as fuck lol, looks like if it was taken from a videogame.

We have better res pictures of saturn which is like three times farther away. I can't believe there are people who believe humans ever went beyond LEO much less to mars

umm user...

Why would NASA fake something like this? Also humans obviously have never been to Mars, it was taken by the Mars rover

>Also humans obviously have never been to Mars
haha, you tihnk youre smart for knowing this? anyone who knows how to tell apart the lies knows this, but you barely scratched the surface

>Mars rover
yes, the billion dollar mission that cant take the pictures i can take with a 100 dollar telescope. Must be such an easy job fooling the american public, so gulligble

>it was taken by the Mars rover
It was taken by the Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter, which is basically a small telescope orbiting Mars to make photos of the surface.

>yes, the billion dollar mission that cant take the pictures i can take with a 100 dollar telescope.
No you can't take a photograph like that with a 100 USD telescope, I can assure you that. Also why the fuck would you send telescopes suited for astrophotography to mars? We have those around earth already and space doesn't look very different around mars. The image is merely fan service and it's impressive enough to me.

pretty cool

this is saturn from a normal telescope, saturn is like three times the distance, and you can see it with better resolution.

if i were on mars with a home telescope i could get a better picture of earth.

but oh, somehow the billion dollar rover has a shitty couple of megapixels 1992 webcam with juuuuuus the right amount of resolution so that it cant be put trough a photoshop fakery detection algorithm

yeah, shure little deceived boy

fake and gay

>this is saturn from a normal telescope
post said telescope or you're making shit up.

You do realize how fucking large and heavy that telescope used to photograph saturn in your picture is? You do realize how fucking large saturn is compared to mars? You do realize that a telescope that makes photos like that does certainly NOT cost 100 bucks? You do realize that the camera on the MRO is not intended to make photographs of the earth and other astronomical objects? We have space telescopes specifically for that purpose, and they make better photographs obviously, HST for example. HST was also fucking expensive enough to send to a orbit around earth. You couldn't possibly send such a telescope to mars. There is also no fucking reason to do so.

people like you should be shot in the head, or even better, burned alive

Photoshopped.
Everybody knows that there are elephants and a turtle holding the earth.

Quit taking the bait, this guy is trolling the fuck out of you mongoloids

The photo posted by OP was taken by the Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter, it's telescope has a much lower resolution then the one that took the picture you posted. It was never meant for long distance photography, it was designed to take pictures of the Martian surface from orbit around the planet. This was was just a neat little thing NASA decided to try out.

oh sorry, i guess i was wrong, thanks for educating me

That particular image was taken by Hubble, not really a normal telescope at $2.5 billion and being in orbit.

haha retard, this is how it actually looks from a home telescope

youtube.com/watch?v=jBpBJZF1598

still looks way better than
yeah saturn may be bigger, but its also mind booglingly further away.

im not the original free thinker, but im also not convinced

The Earth-Moon pic in OP is taken through HiRISE which is designed to taken photos of the surface of Mars from 250-316km altitude, the distance of Earth at the time of OPs photo was 205 million km, so you can see why the image quality is a bit shit.

This photo it took in 2007 was from "only" 142 million km so it looks a bit better.

how hard and how expensive could it have been to include THE SAME DEVICE A HOME OWNER CAN HAVE IN EARTH in a BILLION TRILLION DOLLAR satellite.

sure, cause WHO would want to take an astronomical picture from mars atmosphere

its almost as if you like being bullshited

oh and im talking about this picture:

which is objective literally from earth normal homeowner

so you either believe that nasa is so shit they make satellites which I could have equiped better or you start smelling the truth

I think it's neat. Gives an interesting insight into the size relationship between Earth and Luna plus how far apart they are.

>plus how far apart they are
that picture gives a shitty idea of how far apart they are, they only look like that close because of the angle of the pic

this is the real distance

>how hard and how expensive could it have been to include THE SAME DEVICE A HOME OWNER CAN HAVE IN EARTH in a BILLION TRILLION DOLLAR satellite.
Because those aren't built to anywhere near the same specs as those they put on spacecraft. If they want photos of Saturn they either point Hubble at it (like in ) or just use images Cassini has spent the last 12 years taking.
This is my favourite pic of both Earth and the Moon, taken by DSCOVR.

Saturn is further away but also significantly larger

or burned in the head, or shot alive

they're already burned in the head

incidentally, that is an epic burn

It makes me think that yes, the moon is drifting away. And it's not a happy feeling.

The moon is drifting away. Well not really drifting, it is stealing rotational energy from the Earth via tidal forces which increase the moon's orbital speed and thus allow the moon to fall further away before gravity can change the moon's direction.

Basically the moon will continue to "drift" until the Earth and Moon are tidally locked, after which the system will stabilize out a bit. Until then we'll just have to keep adding leapseconds every few years for the next [very long time] until tidal locking occurs