I'm in the mood for pasta tonight, but tired of the same old traditional sauces

I'm in the mood for pasta tonight, but tired of the same old traditional sauces.
What's a sauce that has a little flair to it? One you don't normally hear or think of?

Other urls found in this thread:

yourgrandmasrecipes.blogspot.com/2013/09/easiest-best-homemade-alfredo-sauce.html
youtu.be/AL5padFhe_c
youtube.com/watch?v=2TJMqmscRS8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This.

Just add a bit of hot sauce you pompous douche. god

I don't know... I was leaning towards something like a broccoli and lemon sauce, which would have garlic, basil and mascarpone.

Chili sauce as an addition to the pasta sauce for a kick isn't out of the question, I made some fresh sauce just the other night.

I'm also thinking of pasta. Maybe a broccoli Alfredo.

>From internets:
1/2 cup butter
1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese
1 cup half and half
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon garlic powder (optional)
pepper, to taste

This by far is the easiest and best Alfredo sauce recipe I have found yet! I love pasta and Alfredo and searched forever to make it homemade. I think that too many recipes have too many ingredients and that others are too watery. My girlfriend loves it and makes me cook it at least once a week.. plus you can add it to so many different things! This is a great, simple recipe to make for someone coming over for a dinner date ;)

This is like a comment on allrecipes or something.

yourgrandmasrecipes.blogspot.com/2013/09/easiest-best-homemade-alfredo-sauce.html

Here is how it turned out with half the recipe and half pound of rotini.

Looks good. I'd throw in some peas, carrots and yellow squash, and a bunch of coarsely ground black pepper

try pasta primavera. or frutti di mare.

Maybe try an avocado pesto sauce with balsamic roasted cherry tomatoes and some smoked salmon, OP?

Classico Signature Recipes Vodka Pasta Sauce

Super flavourful.

White wine clam sauce.

bechamel or sauce mornay with spiced ground beef (like bolognese)

I just mad a unique sauce by adding the innards of a Twinkie to some marinara youtu.be/AL5padFhe_c
just about the most odd sauce I've ever had.

Ham and mustard mate

Don't need to tell you what to do with it

Ham and fucking mustard mate

Op here. Delivering.

Sauce:
2 heads broccoli boiled in chicken stock until tender
3 cloves garlic
1 tsp lemon zest
1 tsp fresh rosemary
1/4 cup chicken stock broccoli was boiled in
3 tbsp moscarpone cheese

Sauteed vegetables:
leek
red bell
yellow squash

Tossed a little left over chicken in there too.

Genovese style meat sauce

youtube.com/watch?v=2TJMqmscRS8

>moscarpone cheese

Creamy texture, adds subtle sweetness... I don't see the problem here.

How do you make a good Arrabiata?

Best youtube chef

It's spelled "marscapone", dum-dum.

meh

if youre nitpicking about vocabulary I couldnt give any less of a fuck

sounds like the flavors dont go together at all.

You couldn't be more wrong about that. Everything there pairs correctly.

the lemon zest leeks and sweet cheese don't really work here, you're all over the place

>mascarpone
>bell pepper
>squash
>chicken stock

what a disaster. You have no palate.

>the lemon zest leeks and sweet cheese

Lol whaaaat.

When you cook down leeks they lose their astringency and become sweet, which couples with the very subtle sweetness of the mascarpone. Lemon and anything sweet are a natural pairing, you see it all the time. Sounds more like you don't know the variety of flavors when cooking ingredients different ways.

>mascarpone
used primarily as a thickening base for the sauce
>bell pepper
sweet vegetable for pairing
>squash
neutral flavor which takes on the flavor of other ingredients
>chicken stock
to boil the pasta in for flavor, and since there was already chicken present in the dish it doesn't fucking matter

calm your tits Gordon, you obviously dont know what youre talking about

>He boils his pasta in chicken stock

Do Americans really do this? Jesus christ, stick to your kraft macaroni and cheese please.

The reason those flavors work for you is probably because you're trained yourself to eat shit that doesn't taste good.

>Do Americans really do this?

You must be from some third world where your cuisine is famous for shit flavored curry. No wonder you don't know what good food actually tastes like. Poor Rasjhinsha....

Spelling doesn't cease to be a thing just because you're a lazy asshole

lol it sure as hell does

What do you think we boil the kraft in, water?

O B S E S S E D
B
S
E
S
S
E
D

You fucked up big time. Little advice. You're not good enough at cooking to start making up new recipes on your own, user.

Blanche some ripe tomatoes (pref. San Marzano) then hand squish them. Simmer with a little water, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, dried herbs and toss in the pasta. Drizzle olive oil and fresh parm on top.

If you start the sauce at the same time you start the pasta, both should be done at the same time.

Little advice, Rhajshnu, that's not advice, that's low quality bait.

That sounds interesting. If you make it, report how it turns out.

On a side note, how do you have mascarpone on hand? More so how do you have mascarpone on hand but you are posting on Veeky Forums?

If you're the guy that posted that disgusting concoction, then you should listen to it, "bait" or not.

How many hours a week does your girlfriend spend working out? That sounds even heavier than a restaurant variety made proper.

It's like $3 at the store. Would think it's readily available to anyone. I usually keep it on hand as a finisher for my risotto.

Well I can't lie - that does look good. Then again, I am fat.

Just get out you flyover cuck. Back to your containment board.

It's readily available to me but it's typically a fancy "dessert" cheese. I just don't envision people on Veeky Forums stocking marscapone.

Damn bro, nice buzz words. Enjoy your mushed pasta.

Given this is a cooking board, some of us actually like to cook. Not everyone just wants to troll or post garbage fast food, autistic youtube channels, knife threads, or general novice questions that can be resolved by a single google search.

O'RLY?

Put your sauce in a blender, and pulverize it. Makes it so much better

Really.

Obviously. Just enough for tomorrow nights left overs.

>girlsgiggling.png
He doesn't have mascarpone on hand

OK OK. Fun times are ogre. Here's a simple classic sauce. Brown some butter and add fresh sage leaves. Pluck them out when they get crispy, reserve. Sauté some mushrooms & shallot, combine. If you quarter and freeze your mushrooms you can skip this step and the freezing process concentrates their flavor (convenient too). Serve with gnocchi or mushroom ravioli. Garnish with crispy sage and parm/reg/asiago

But you have to drain the pasta, seems like a waste of good stock

This shit is $6 at Wegmans

Not a waste at all. A pack of 10 bouillon is less than $1. I incorporated a single cube into both the pasta and the sauce. Any remainder is negligible in terms of cost.

Can't help that your town wants to over price shit. Oh well. C'est la vie.