I'm die-hard anti-religion and anti-Creationism (an evolutionist if you will)...

I'm die-hard anti-religion and anti-Creationism (an evolutionist if you will), I even minored in biology and worked in a genetics lab for a few years, but when I see stuff like this pic on the left I can't help but think that it looks like someone just fucking around with different configurations and seeing what works. Like someone took the basic human vertebrate animal template, and thought "ok, now what if I squished it all together and make the ribs HUGE and fused together so that they cover the whole body like a shell, what would that be like?". "But what about the actual ribs?" "Fuck 'em! The shell is enough!"

It would be an amazing outcome of billions of years of evolutionary process, but it looks to me like aliens designed life on Earth and were just fucking around to see what works and what these locomotive, grasping human social agents (us) could do in the world, kind of the same way we look at ants cooperating to form bridges.

Other urls found in this thread:

google.co.uk/search?q=turtle ancestor&client=firefox-b&prmd=ivns&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiKxMzZ2rfRAhVIJcAKHZ7qCX8Q_AUIBigB#mhpiv=5
youtu.be/DuStSHFTcZs?t=1m
youtube.com/watch?v=adOW85kV27U
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I feel like i wouldnt expect evolution to look any other way desu

> That arch
SNAP CITY
N
A
P
C
I
T
Y

You need to study more biology.

>anti creationism
Everyone in the world is (except some areas in the land of the free). Stop trying to be a special snowflake.

i agree with this. that's kind of the point that the anti-evolutionists (ID, creationists, even bibletards) don't get: that's exactly what evolution is, just random mutations and if it kinda works it survives. a lot of it, seems to me, is also just "luck" of a species in terms of what it's environment is capable of randomly producing.

what i don't understand is why anti-evolutionists think their version makes more sense than evolution does. imho, when i look at the world, life itself just seems to be this fucking random thing that somehow happened and still happens, even though humanity strives to eliminate a lot of the randomness. it's just weird and pointless. yes, it's interesting that life evolved at all, but that as well is just seemingly a random act of chemicals coming together in a constellation that allowed for data to flow, and it kind of went off from there.

So where are the intermediate turtles that had sort of big ribs but not really shells yet

>I'm die-hard anti-religion and anti-Creationism (an evolutionist if you will
100% pure fedora tier autism

turtles are not the only thing with an exoskeleton. Crabs are kind of similar. Also Ankylosaurus is kind of a huge turtle like creature. and some creatures have no skeleton at all.. Mix and match these kind of genetics differences together, start rating them based on their survival ability (since birth) and eventually you get a turtle one way or another...

Everything looks like it is designed once you see it work/live... But you only see the working stuff because... well.. because it just works. You can't see animals that die 5 seconds after birth roaming around for obvious reasons. With your education you should be able to see this better then most!

Have u tried looking?

google.co.uk/search?q=turtle ancestor&client=firefox-b&prmd=ivns&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiKxMzZ2rfRAhVIJcAKHZ7qCX8Q_AUIBigB#mhpiv=5

> aliens designed life on Earth and were just fucking around to see what works
Yup that figures.

What was your makor/did you go get a phd?

Better men than you have also been idiots

youtu.be/DuStSHFTcZs?t=1m

>(an evolutionist if you will)

>everyone in the world is
>aside from the 3.6 billion people that are Christian, Muslim, or Jewish

Some thoughts
>I wonder who sawed that tortoise in half
>Millions of years of evolution and it still has a tail?
>That creature has almost no brain

I went to a hardcore Catholic school, and we were taught evolution as fact.
Creationism was mentioned occasionally, as a joke.
Take off your fedora and stop straw manning the fuck out of billions of people.

>I'm die-hard anti-religion and anti-Creationism

go back to >>>/reddit/ faggot

>an evolutionist
youtube.com/watch?v=adOW85kV27U
goto 6:16

It's because you don't comprehend how much time has been in effect.

*how much time evolution has been in effect

>hah those idiot creationists, evolution is proven by my degree!
>but wow you know it's possible alliums printed out life on a 3d printer
lmao

just

lmao

>I'm die-hard anti-religion and anti-Creationism (an evolutionist if you will),
Stopped reading there

>>That creature has almost no brain
OP might be dumb but it is still rude to refer to him this way.

I am not a Materialist, but David Peters has made connections between some obscure taxa.

>implying every person identifying as Christian, Muslim, or Jewish does not believe in evolution
You need to leave your basement more often