>walk out of exam
>continue to think how to solve problem
>30 minutes after exam
>worked out the soultion
>mfw won't get any mark for it
>mfw I couldn't solve something as trivial as multiplication and addition
>mfw to smart too think of this method
>mfw all the idiots who didn't think deep enough got this answer correct

I am no brainlet so I always answer everything but I hate that every time I walk out of a test my brain just keeps thinking about my solutions and then what sucks is when I actually find a mistake in my test after I am already out.

It feels retarded. Why am I even thinking about the test when I can no longer change anything? Fuck. I wish there were drugs that could help with this.

The smartest people are the ones than can think deeply but also can think superficially. They switch their way of thinking according to the situation. You seem to be pretty smart, but not so much as the brainlets (you claim to be brainlets) who actually solve the problem faster than you. Maybe they are capable of thinking deep, but they chose not to because they had to be quick.

This is more of a problem of educational structure itself.
Exams are totally pointless and serve no greater purpose other than to meaninglessly drive people away from achievement.
Just look at the SAT, this determines you ability to get into certain schools.
You can know how to solve every problem on the SAT yet get a poor score due to the time limit.
In fact every SAT study guide, guide book, stagey book, etc advises test takes to skip hard questions and instructs test takes on how to identify hard problems and easy problems. I ask, what is the purpose of a time limit? Is the SAT (or any timed exam) supposed to measure your ability to solve the problems presented or your ability to answer easy question within a time limit?
Equal weighted questions
Time limits
Variable weighted questions
Why? It makes no sense as it truly doesn't measure ones ability to solve problems

>what is the purpose of a time limit?
The smarter you are, the faster is your reasoning. Smart people solve problems quickier than average or dumb people

But that isn't true, processing speed is irrelevant

All you say is pretty bullshit, man. Time limits are there for two reasons

1) You can't really be taking a test forever. At some point the test must stop.
2) Tests want to measure your efficiency

Reason 1 should be self explanatory. Reason 2 is a little bit trickier but still justified

Imagine that I asked you:

Bobby the cuck goes to a donut shop that sells 5 different types of donuts. He decides that every day, starting from today, he will buy two donuts in such a way that every day he buys an unique combination of donuts. How many days will this take Bobby the cuck?

There are two ways of solving this. You could draw out every single possible combination and then count them... or you could apply a certain formula that would give the number immediately without even having to think about specific combinations.

A student that pulls off the second technique obviously knows more than a student who just came here to bruteforce everything, so that students deserve a higher score, even though they both got the answer correct.

How does the second student get a higher score? Because of the rest of the test. Even though both of them got full points on this question, the second student only wasted a minute, while the first student took like 5 minutes.

Welcome to the real world.

>unable to answer question
>exam ends
>10 minutes later
>"holy fuck I should have done "

I really despise those who say "welcome to the real world"
>create a shit system
>propagate said system
>hurr better adapt to the shit system!
Doesn't make sense, instead work to improve

There are 3 stages in a person's life

When he is a kid who depends on others
When the kid grows into an adult who has his own identity
When the adult grows into a man who understands and accepts the imperfect world he lives in
t. tengen toppan gurren lagann

I can, from your comment, tell that you are not yet a man. Start working on that, unless you are still not an adult either. If that is he case then work on being an adult.

>taking philosophy lessons from anime
jesus christ

In the real world you don't solve problems by memorizing techniques beforehand. You solve them by finding out the ways/creating your own solutions. Also understanding the problem can be more important than knowing of a method to solve it.

So I see that you are not even an adult yet.

Start working on that.

Yeah, and in the real world deadlines are a thing that exist.

>better just shitpost some more
Maybe when you grow up you'll start thinking about the things that are wrong with the world and how to fix them.
Maybe you'd actually have the consideration of those you were wrongly destroyed by such a system instead of your own narcissistic ideal of 'how the world works'.
Every failure in education is a failure of society as a whole, and a failure we could actual fix if there weren't people like you.
>the system works for me but not you
>lol 4bad4u
You are the exact reason why we cannot progress in improving education in this world

>Maybe when you grow up you'll start thinking about the things that are wrong with the world and how to fix them.

Realize that the first step to changing the system is realizing and accepting that the system is flawed, and then bang your head against a wall you retard.

You think that complaining about the system when you are a peasant will help at all? What you actually do is go through it. Go through the system, pass the SAT regardless of its flaws, graduate in education and then work towards being the head of the top education institutions of your country where you can ACTUALLY change educational policy.

Whining about "waaah waaah it isn't faiiir" is what a child does.

Real world deadlines are measured in days, allow you to use whatever books you can find, google whatever formulas you need etc

Your posts are now contradicting themselves, good job user.
>be the change you want in the world!
Please just kill yourself
You seriously must have massive insecurities about your age or something because every single post you have made has had remarks to my age in it, stop projecting.

>Real world deadlines are measured in days

Now we should discuss why letting kids take 2 weeks on their test is a bad idea.

But I won't. I will just go back to the "accept the imperfect world you live" idea because here it also applies. Even though it would be great if we could design tests like this so that they reflect the real world more, it is impractical in many sense. It allows cheating, it allows slacking, etc.

>every single post you have made has had remarks to my age in it

When I talk about kid, adult and man I am not talking about age. I defined what those terms meant.

Kid is a person who depends
Adult is a person with his own identity
Man is a person who understands and accept the imperfect world he lives in.

For all I know you could be 80, but you are still a kid.

Also, I never change 'be the change you want'. I just say that if you REALLY think there are problems then whining won't solve them. Want to solve anything? Go and become a politician, faggot.

And if that is too much work for you then again, accept the world as it is, and go on with your life. President Trump won't come to your house to ask you about what changes you need to pass the SAT. Nobody will give a fuck. This is being REALISTIC. Nobody will coddle you, all you can do is accept the imperfect SAT and pass it regardless.

No we can get better testing. You think of America but my country on our equivalent of SAT gives kids 3 hours per subject with mathematics split into advanced and basic sections and with prepared cards with all the formulas to freely use there. On national Olympiads you are allowed to bring any book you want when it comes to math/physics and scientific calculators on physics and are given like 5 hours to solve 3 problems for physics.

We can make better testing methods if we try.

>We can make better testing methods if we try.

Sure, better methods can be done but you are wrong about the "if we try" part.

It is not "if we try", it is "if the people who are in power try". If you want to change the SAT then become that person in power.

>I am ascertaining and asserting things about an anonymous strangers psychology on an anime forum
I guess it is reasonable that people on an anime forum would take philosophical notions from a source that is targeted toward literal children in a workaholic depressive society with the highest suicide rate and lowest birth rates in the entire developed world. Seriously man you really need to rethink your notions of society and life.
>let's just ignore the problem because, he fuck it, we're not in charge!

You, honestly, not even being factious here....should move to Japan.
Go assert your identity of 'the things are the way they are' and you will fit right in, just don't kill yourself in the process...or do?

If you dismiss art from Japan simply because it is made in Japan then you are racist.

If you dismiss anime because you consider it a lesser art form then you are simply ignorant.

If you are still not saltied yourself to the heavens then I recommend you watch it. It is quite good. People call it a master piece. You will enjoy it and gain something from it.

Also, I am not saying that you should ignore the problem. You should UNDERSTAND the problem.

Our education system is shitty, I know that first hand, but if you want to change it then you must start climbing up the ladder of power or support those who do.

So either become that politician or support the politicians who say they will make educational reforms. That is all that we can realistically do.

I have watched more anime than you, I am just not foolish enough to build my personal philosophy and world view based on it.
Fucking considered the societal differences for a moment, fuck

All of my PhD level exams thus far have provided at least 24 hours to complete them, with and average of three days and a max of two weeks.

So
>you really can't be taking the test forever
is kind of bullshit. If the professors wanted to give you more time, they literally could.

You are PhD student. They are asking you questions you couldn't google. You are a highly specialized individual.

Any highschool math test can be solved by wolfram alpha in mere minutes and if you pay 99 cents they will even give you procedure.

That is not the point you dense idiot holy shit

>I have watched more anime than you

My fucking sides!

NB: I'm laughing because you probably have, and that's funny.

Angway. Anime philosophy varies greatly between anime. You can apply this philosophy to outside the constraint of Japan, the audience the authors are reaching to isn't restricted to age or society, but worldwide.

One of the differences between a genius and a person with Down's Syndrome is that a genius can solve a problem in minutes, while the person with Down's Syndrome would take a whole day to do it. Processing speed is almost entirely a synonym for intelligence

So what you're saying is the reason other countries do better on tests than America is that they make their tests so easy so literal retards can pass it.