ITT: describe your worst teacher/professor you've ever had

ITT: describe your worst teacher/professor you've ever had

Other urls found in this thread:

manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/jailed-retired-teacher-church-deacon-7684285
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Any teacher/professor who teaches because they are at a dead end and can only make bread by teaching, people like that usually ruin the whole learning experience and it's very common in pre university level courses. I often find that older female teachers do this shit.

Highschool math teacher. He didn't even care to teach, hated his job. Since I liked math he kinda helped me out, gave me some books and shit but to the rest of the class he was just the worst teacher.

when the class is a fluffly humanities requirement the teachers are usually worst of all

Once had a history teacher say that people before the middle ages had never worn pants. Cited the fact that I failed my first history class (due to not doing my homework), that she traveled, and that she was the one with the master's degree as to why I was wrong. Really burnt my bottom.

I also remember in a science class in middle school how I asked if fire could freeze but I wasn't given an answer. I thought it was a decent question because I don't think anyone has ever asked it before since it's kind of ridiculous.

Highschool language teacher. Fuck,that guy hated me and almost everyone.
Actually,he was a good teacher in some ways but the motherfucker was a soulless. "He always was right"

My other highshcool teachers were usually cool

I have had some top-notch professors; you may have used some of their R packages, and our statistics department is full statistical computing classes. However, I took a statistical computing class in the CS department thinking it was a good idea, but that was a mistake. I ended up getting a B in the class; our final was a group final, in which the whole group received a zero. I have no idea why we received a zero and why our final was taken as a group. The asshat never replied to any of our emails. I don't care so much about the grade, as much as after the class I realized I my mind had blanks where there was previous knowledge. He had such an authoritative busy approach; it sucked your ability somehow. What he was teaching and how he wanted us to implement it was entirely questionable. I didn't learn anything since I covered the material already, but I spent all the time trying to make things exactly how he wanted it. Literally, he wanted you to think exactly like him, which is stressful in itself. I also noticed that other students were doing things incorrectly, but it didn't matter as long as you did what he wanted. I think I was the only statistics major in the class.

High school English teacher
She LITERALLY AND NOT FIGURATIVELY """""""taught""""""" English by making us memorize summaries of informations about stuff or stories about some people in our books - in other cases, translate stuff in my first language (Italian) without explaining shit to us.
I am almost completely self-taught in English. Almost because elementary and middle school teachers were okay, but I did most of the job shitposting on English forums/chatrooms/game lobbies etc.

Most of my engineering professors.

UNSW, Sydney.

That sounds like a pretty bad experience. In my CS department the statistics was fine, but there were a couple of heuristic rules we were made to use. Not quite the same as being made to solve problems the wrong way.

Geophysics teacher. Could barely speak english. The entire class was lectures, we had a textbook which we read maybe 15 pages from out of several hundred. Barely learned fucking ANYTHING. No exams, only project we had to do was a presentation that had nothing to do with geophysics.

It was a complete fucking joke.

Auckland uni?

In high school, my trigonometry teacher actually raised her voice and told a student "that's because you're too dumb" when he said that he couldn't understand the idea of the sinusoidal functions. She had never even drawn a unit circle, she only explained the Pythagorean theorem and then shouted "SOHCAHTOA" a few times.

In college, my Physics II (waves and optics) professor muttered inaudibly to the chalkboard throughout every lecture, wrote in unintelligible scrawl, and made numerical or conceptual errors in about a third of his example problems. He would then stare at the book for a minute, and then start over without explaining what he had done wrong. He's actually a highly accomplished researcher, so it was pretty bizarre.

had a shitty mandatory class on software engineering requirements. i think most of the problem was that the course was just a giant clusterfuck with no clear aims. by week 6 we'd covered everything and the guy just said "fuck it" and sent us home for the rest of the semester.

that man is now my supervisor.

I'm 30. I remember my 6th Grade English teacher was basically a drill instructor. He was about 5'9" and well built. If you didn't turn in your in your homework, he made you stand up and answer "Why" numerous. Of course the kids never had a valid excuse and he break the kids down til they cried. Nobody laughed and everyone was intimidated by him. I doubt teachers can do this anymore... and honestly I'm not sure they should be able to. Call me a cuck or whatever but literally bullying kids to tears.

>math course to be taught in french, professor (yes, professor) is a 28 years old dutch guy that barely speaks french
>can't understand shit when he talks, writing is barely better
>he's constantly distracted and makes silly mistakes all the time, writes + instead of - and so on
>needs a fucking calculator to integrate a polynomial with 4 terms
>class time is pretty much useless throughout the two semesters he teaches, just read the wiki articles and you'll have a better understanding of the subject
>course had a reputation for being very hard a few years ago, now pass rate is 95%

>turns out he's the dean's nephew :^)

Professor who said it's required to buy his shitty book. We had to do it in person as well and he noted down names of everyone who did it.

My discrete math professor was a fatty who couldn't stand up for long so always just scribbled things on the board. Everything was also below waist level too so you couldn't see anything. He also mumbled 75% of his sentence only to fully pronounce the last word of the sentence.

>Enginering degree
>Thermodynamics class
>Prof is also an engineer
>He is explaining entropy
>At the end of the chapter there is a slide called "Entropy in the universe"
>He says: "Im not explaning this shit. Yes, people often like documentaries about the universe and they think: 'Oh entropy, oh the universe is expanding'. But who are we? Engineers! Why are he studying here? To make money!"

kek, he was so stupid

t. cuck

You people are so fucking thin-skinned.

i once had a professor who came to class high all the time, he forgot a lot of things and would miss details often, very awesome guy though and super helpful 1 on 1, I liked him a lot, most people didn't.

>I often find that older female teachers do this shit.

Just wait till you find out younger and male teachers also teach

Four professors for a semester-long introductory course to the major material. Think Bio 1. Huge lecture hall of at least 200 kids. The main professor was also my advisor.

He made us get a shitty app on our cell phones for taking quizzes and checking in for attendance. Quizzes are random and count for about 15% of final grade, attendance is about 10%. It's clearly just a clicker but he's being paid for this so he goes along with the shitty program. Only releases slides after lecture.

You have to text or type in the app the "attendance code" to be counted. He does this in the middle of lecture for about 5-10 minutes of class.

>People just tell people who aren't there the attendance code

He starts handing out notecards where you write your name and student ID on it while attendance is up.

>People only show up right before he starts taking attendance, leave after he takes it

He responds by randomizing what time he does the lengthy attendance process. Then he goes further and throws in fake quiz questions, telling us to not answer them or what answer to put in order to figure out those who didn't come and fail them for that quiz.

I had to pay somewhere around 40 dollars for that shit when I had so many fucking clickers lying around collecting dust at home. It was such a silly crazy process to see unfold, and there was really no reason to come to the lecture.

Why didn't any of you complain?

I threw a chocolate milk up above the top shelf of the cupboards in my elementary school classroom and weeks later no-one could figure where the smell was coming from.

In English class in high school I wrote a rap and rapped it in front of the class instead of writing a paper and my teacher gave me 100%.

My worst experience with a teacher was probably when she told me a long sad story about how her oldest daughter died of haemophilia. She cried and everything.

>had to read anthem in English and do a project on it
>think
>decide to get a lightbulb since it's on the cover of the book
>look up motifs on sparknotes
>write all of them on the bulb with a sharpie
>100

This, two million times.

High school grade 10/11 science teacher. Was some short chubby fucking proto-numale who was previously a semitruck driver. Would waste time in class talking to other kids about offtopic shit like barbeques while other students were asking for help. 99% of the time explained a simple concept in an absolutely confusing way. He tried to explain how the Mole measurement works with the statement "imagine you had a tricycle. Now imagine you had 12 tricycles, but some tricycles were missing parts." This was apparently like a mole. He tried to act hard as fuck but overall I treated him like human garbage the entire year and never got in any real trouble for it. I was once kicked out of the classroom because a friend was giving a friend his pen back to him and when he looked over he thought I was taking it from him.
Fucking awful human being, I nearly failed his science class. The next year I took both Physics and Chemistry grade 12 and got 80's in both.

Should have been 90's, but I somehow blew all my fucking final exams.

> I was once kicked out of the classroom because a friend was giving a friend his pen back to him
yo what the fuck brain
*I was giving a friend his pen back to him after borrowing it

My prof for differential equations was completely incapable of finishing a thought. Would speak in 2-5 word fragments before suddenly stopping and switching to a completely different sentence.

I should be thankful that I've never encountered a malicious or unfair professor but it was so fucking infuriating to try and learn anything in that course

I have a prof right now that can't finish a sentence without stuttering ten times and working in the word "ultimately". It's actually kinda funny.

>um hi this guy can't speak english
best case scenario: "we know, we interviewed him"
worst case scenario: "we know, we interviewed him", and now the instructor is mad at you
jolly good plan that is

Middle school science teacher. She was not able to teach anything besides biology, and often messed up during physics and chemistry subjects. I actually had to explain her the difference between cations and anions.

My chemistry teacher was a sadistic paedophile who used to beat us for sexual pleasure. Didn't know what was going on in the backroom at the time, it only came out recently. I knew he was a very nasty piece of work, but had no idea just how bad it was for some of the kids. Went to trial and got 9 years and I hope he dies in jail.

This is for you, 'Mr' Morris.

manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/jailed-retired-teacher-church-deacon-7684285

Pic related, it's as he was then. That was my school photo from about 1979 iirc.

Another pedo in the UK what a surprise.

My 6th grade science teacher had literal dementia.

Wow

Curren chemistry professor is by far the worst professor I've had. She taught highschool in eat los angeles up until last semester. We are in winter session, so it's very accelerated. She is incredibly disorganized. Also teaches like a highschool teacher.
>meet me outside right now!
>no electronics
>Class is dismissed when I dismiss you

She also does not let us see our exams. She just gives us a percentage and we have to accept our grade. We don't have the opportunity to even see what we got wrong or any specifics. She also does not give us any grades or feedback in general. Definitely picks favorites. Its awful

Pretty famous Financial Mathematician teaching us about derivatives, black scholes all that stuff. His notes consist of notes written with thick permanent marker on those see through plastic old school projector sheets. His notes were a lame attempt at summarising the text he recommended but because of the layout of the notes a simple one page proof in the book was a 4 page mess in his notes.
Wouldnt leave the notes up long enough for us to take them down.
Made the module much more difficult than it needed to be. Trying to get him to do example/past exam questions was impossible. Shafted us all in the exam. Doesnt give two fucks as he's paid to research and is forced to have the burden of lecturing.

And I have him again for my senior year next year xD

SMC?

Pierce college. T.M. Williams

I think I know why you said Auckland, but no it wasn't.

>Shafted us all in the exam. Doesnt give two fucks as he's paid

He's just teaching you how to succeed in finance user.

Thats bullshit I'd definitely complain or something.

>She also does not let us see our exams.
Pretty sure this is against regulations

Tied between orchestra instructor:
>I will not teach you. Go change classes - first day of classes.
Or high school physics teacher.
>The space shuttle launches at 1/10 speed of light.

Haha

The other day, first lecture, my prof says "I don't even want to teach this class but I have to because of bureaucracy". Everyone laughed but he was dead serious. He said he never taught a class this large before.

My sophomore biology teacher
> only got through three chapters throughout an entire year
> all stuff I had already learned in eighth grade
> came time for state testing
> she didn't teach us a single thing that was in the biology portion
> replaced by Chinese sub who literally couldn't speak English because she was arrested for tax fraud

At least I got the best teacher of my life (so far anyways, ) the next year. Although my senior year was pretty shitty besides my math teacher

I know this is fairly common but having Calc 2 being taught by an international grad student who recited the book every class was fucking painful. I really expected more from a supposed prestigious research institution.

Defects of materials professor was wicked smart, could talk about defects and his research for days except everybody checked out halfway through the semester when lectures were fucking useless. Lectures seemed completely incoherent and disconnected. Shame since the material was pretty cool overall.

I have complained but now she just hates me and it seems nothing can be done.

According to another professor of mine, it's not. Some shady stuff has been happening with test scores. Idk what I can do...

I had an English professor who was very strict about the structure of her essays, she would dictate paragraph by paragraph what it was supposed to be, also offered no leeway with the prompts. Felt like I was in a non-AP high school class. She was also kind of a bitch in general, but not too bad.

That must've sucked especially since calc 2 is the hardest lower div math class

Based.

You win.

How is a professor at a dead end? They're an expert in their field

>>Class is dismissed when I dismiss you
?????????????
How does it normally work at your school?

Computer Science teacher was a nightmare

>second semester for computer science
>most important one because it's the foundation for every class after that

>teacher is a literal neckbeard spaz
>talks like a nerd would in 1970's
>never actually taught anything, would just ramble on about how much the school wanted to fire him.
>he would talk about an example of programming but we would never actually implement any of the actual coding in our assingments nor our tests

>final came, didn't know anything, wasn't his final.

>passed the class somehow with a C

>attend next semester class, fail extremely because I never learned very simple things such as methods, or other things.

You were a winner from a young age.

I heard one of my high-school teachers shit talking a student while said student was in the classroom. I also had a teacher in computer technology that obviously didn't give a shit about anything that was going on, since he just hung out in the back of the classroom and spouted shitty memes with the rest of the class. My chemistry teacher was so terrible at teaching her subject that literally half of my class failed the first test we had. Those are the worst ones that I can think of, but I also had a pretty cool Spanish teacher that played horror movies with Spanish dubs during class, that was nice.

Once had a teacher for half a year, who had zero authority:
>Classmates made fun of him, in front of him.
>They threw pencils at the board where he was writing.
>One girl wanted to pee in the sink during class. He protested lightly.
>One guy threw a rotten egg in front of him. I saw a tear in his eye.
>During winter, when he came out of the building, literally hundreds of snowballs at his direction.

During the snowball-chaos, he stood still, looked at everyone and went on. That hurt me.

That's fuckin hilarious

11th grade English class in Germany. Teacher couldn't speak English, made us write down one or two pages about the different tenses which we were already taught.
She told us once that she was an au pair in England but the family didn't have children (lucky for them) but dogs. We guessed that she leaned English from them...
We complained about her but it was said the they couldn't do anything without lots of extra work for everyone. But this teacher is only used in the 11th grade, 12th and 13th are different teachers that could teach...

Senior chem teacher at high school. Somehow the best and worst teacher I've ever had. Our exit results for high school were largely dependent on our grades relative to everyone else's in the class. This caused him to just tell us the information we needed but then he'd spend the rest of the lesson just on his laptop.

He'd help us if we asked questions but he'd just spend the first solid 30 minutes of our 70 minute lessons writing blocks of text on the board. Not only this, it was poorly written text. It was correct but very fluffy and often I'd be able to summerise a board's worth of text in three sentences. He did this on purpose to force us to rewrite out notes in a better way later. It separated the weak from the strong.

He was also kinda full of himself. It was very subtle. He tried to teach us that it wasn't about pure memorisation, you should learn to look deeper and learn the processes you're supposed to use and when to apply them (e.g. even though he didn't teach math, he'd say stuff like differentiating can be boiled down to three or four processes - power rule, chain rule, product rule and quotient rule).

I was a high achiever and I'd already learned these tricks he tried to teach us but he'd tell us about it in the silliest ways. "It's literally a theoretical construct" was a popular phrase of his. Luckily nobody caught onto what he was talking about in his long-winded lectures about how to be "a better student" and it was easily for me to remain on top. His oldest son was also in the year level above us and he'd tell us about how he'd teach his kid the same things. His kid was an extremely high achiever though, our grading system had levels within the A B C D E system. An A10 was the best, an A1 was the lowest A, a B10 was one step below an A1. The guy's son got A9s in 5 subjects and his dad never shut up about it (kid himself was cool).

And in our last few weeks he screamed that we're all "shit students", punched the wall and told us to get out.

His younger son also tried lecturing a friend of mine about politics. The kid was about 12. Also the father "didn't believe in birthdays" and one time smashed the oldest son's laptop in front of him because he wasn't trying hard enough or something.

My sister had a 7th grade teacher that liked to fap during class. She said he had a jar of Vaceline and you could watch everything shake when he did it. I didn't have him as my home room but everyone knew about it.

My art teacher because everyday I walk into her room she makes me want to jerk all over her desk and kill myself...

>Gen chem I
>Teacher is trying s new method where we work in groups to solve problems out of a book, and learn along the way
>class grades tank every exam
>Near end of semester
>working with my group trying to solve a problem and girl doesn't understand something
>Ask the professor for help and he keeps trying to explain it but can't get through
>tells her to move on
>proceeds to walk around the class flipping a switch blade open and closed, muttering shit to himself
>She asks for help again
>He bolts over and answers very fast
>Keeps asking for "What's the answer!" After explaining exactly how to do it
>she starts tearing up saying she doesn't kj
>rest of class is silent pretending to do work and watch out of fear
>he gets pissed, closes the switchblade, slams in the desk and makes the, thumb-to-neck kill yourself motion to her.
>walks away for a minute and comes back to pick up his name
>class ends 5min early
>next class is canceled
>She reported him and since he was tenured, had issues continuing the class
>they just passed everyone and either offered to let them take the class again for free next semester or move to the next class
>see him talking with someone outside a few days after, looking pissed again

Wew

What the actual fuck.

I fapped in the library one time and a week or so later people were talking about someone got caught doing the same thing but nobody had approached me so \_(ツ)_/

>be in a furryology lecture
>Professor comes in dressed as a scalie
Needless to say I took my fur suit somewhere else.

>Chemistry class
>See chem teacher crying after some students being mean
>"I will f***ing kill them"
>Begin having nightmares of a deranged chemistry teacher who blows up the school in frustration

I had to tell them to lay off to save my own skin...
F***ing chemistry majors man....
Such is a day in my psychotic life

0_0

Why did you jerk off in a library? At least you didn't do it in front of a bunch of kids as a figure of authority.

Math teacher in highschool had a gut and always accidentally wiped of the board with his belly for anyone had to chance to read it.

For the same reason anyone does it, horny dude.

Excluding short-term subs who just didn't care, probably my 8th grade replacement algebra teacher (original teacher was great but left halfway through because family emergency). She didn't actively irritate me the ways other teachers have, but she just had no idea what she was doing and even by middle school standards the kids didn't learn shit.

>mfw multiple students told me and her I should've taught the class instead

Can't speak with authority here, but my humanities requirement teachers were pretty annoying, and I'm fucking glad I didn't take some others from classes I've overheard.

>have to take non-lit humanities requirement
>intro to logic counts for that, take it because it's better than whatever else they had
>professor has weird smugness to her, gives a lot of forum assignments where you need to make a "realistic" application of formal logic and reply to others and discuss it
>lectures are utterly disconnected from the material, homework and exams, somehow she managed to screw up the dictionary example of a cut-and-dry subject
>like a third of the class got fed up with her shit and dropped
>she somehow forgot about at least one quiz grade I had and I had to notify her about it (it made the difference between a C and a B)

I'm probably the worst teacher I've ever had

Had a mandatory English 2 class for the gen. Ed credits. Though we would be reading novels or letters or speeches and writing based on that. Entire class was actually my introduction to tumblr feminism because the only topics we really touched were racism, passive racism, active racism, cultural appropriation, and white privilege.

>basic geomatics/GIS undergrad class
>prof is some PhD who never taught a class before
>gives the usual bullshit "I'm an open-minded person and there's nothing in the evaluations I give out that you have to know by heart"
>gives out truly insane amounts of work for an undergrad class (and I'm not one to whine about this kind of shit)
>have to spend the vast majority of free time in the lab
>people who struggle to learn how the mapping software works don't get any help whatsoever
>spends at least half an hour at the beginning of each class complaining about us
>once spent the whole class making elaborate excuses in response to minor criticism, I shit you not
>test questions just ask you to make lists of shit, make one minor mistake in only one of the elements and you get 0 in that test section

I heard he got booted just after the end of the semester but I was in geog for a year only so I'm not sure.

My math teacher had a ring that had a stone piramid on it,and every time we didn't give correct answers she would poke us with it.Feels good almost never got hit.

>bug eating turtle.jpg
wtf

I was complaining to my mum about black parents beating their children which is really backwards and barbaric and she said to me that in the 70s whites used to beat their kids even worse, that's why it got banned because they took it too far.

shame based societies function far better than guilt based societies. he was doing you shitheads a favor.

Professors that refuse to use modern teaching methods like a fucking microphone so that you can actually hear them.
Or professors that coerce you into buying their books.

Chemistry in school:

>here are all questions that will come in the next test
>learn them

Thats how she was "teaching" us
It was only 2 years tho, after that we luckily got a teacher that was explaining stuff instead of doing nothing

If you are motivated by shame alone, that means how others see you matters more to you than staying true to your own principles. It means that if you do perverted and dishonest things it's OK as long as you don't get caught.

It's shit-tier.

Fire can't freeze though

The same applies to guilt, and society will inevitably be based on it or shame.

Just cause he knew how to research doesn't mean he knew how to teach.

How do you fuck up meters and kilometers as a physics teacher? The fuck?

Students have other classes to attend... back to back?

Say hi to Wildberger for us

That's the problem. Almost every professor is hired not for their lecturing or teaching ability, but because they do good research.

I felt really bad for my high school physics teacher. I had him for three years in a row so I could take every physics class offered. It was sad because he really knew his stuff, but he had severe Parkinson's disease. For those who don't know, in severe forms, Parkinson's can lead to heavy fatigue, hunched and otherwise deteriorated muscles, and the obvious difficulty reading his jittery notes. He was extremely slow to move about the classroom and would often fall asleep in the middle of lecturing (middle of sentences, many times). He was notorious for turning in grades late because he would always give partial credit on free response (even on final exams). He slept at school more times than I could count. By the last year, about 20% of the time he was more than 15 minutes late to our 50 minute classes. I never knew what to think about that guy because on one hand, he's really not teaching us well and not doing his job, but on the other hand his wife was in the hospital and he had 2 kids in college.

Sweet Jesus man, poor guy.

My Optimization lecturer is so terrible. He just reads from the powerpoint slides in his monotonous voice, then gives us hard as fuck homework problems.

>Highschool
>spanish 1
>first ever class in highschool
>fat as fuck
>sits at podium in middle of class
>doesn't speak
>literally sits and doesn't speak at all during some periods
>on occasion screams "SHUT UP"
>other times he doesn't do anything about it
>kids leave class to play basketball
>other just sleep
>some kids threw staples at his desk
>told a story once on where he wouldn't let a girl go to the bathroom, and she pissed herself during an exam, and he yelled at her to clean it up with her hoodie
>you can litereally cheat in the open during his exams
>be a goody two shoes and don't cheat, and get a C in the class
>one day, lacrosse buddy, Carlos, shit talks him sometimes
>he asks him, "Do you think you'll ever be fired from here?"
>He responds: "No Carlos, i've been at Westlake (High school) for a while, they can't fire me."
>Carlos replies, "Well, I got the yearbook, and your name isn't in it."
>Teacher is wide eyed a bit, but says "I'm sure it was just a mistake"
>MFW he gets fired at the end of the year
Rip in piss Mr. Hay, you were a shitty teacher, and probably shouldn't have been teaching anyway.

>mfw I know a math professor who's rather difficult to handle
>mfw I KNOW he's lurking /sci

I won't tell. He would know. But I know there are professors among us.

>a losers reasoning

The post

Not sure if trolling but that's basically correct. Corporal punishment was normal in schools, and getting a slap at home was not unusual.

What none of us realised was that even aside from Morris' particularly nasty perversion, the general background culture of physical punishment and random abuse at the school was much more extreme than most other schools at the time. Getting punched hard in the shoulder by Billy Knight if your gym kit wasn't perfect, and lots of kids weren't, every time; getting slippered across the ass for any number of things by a range of teachers; or Sam Wilkinson's sawn-off cricket bat. If you've been educated in recent years where corporal punishment has been outlawed in schools, you might think I'm making this up, but it's just how it was. Miserable place, took all the joy out of learning for me.

Pic related, the chemistry lab, Morris' domain and the back room. I have another pic of the other end of the room with a fucking crucifix on the wall. Hypocritical monster.

Who's that semen demon!??

I had a Haitian calculus professor my first semester of freshman year.
He barely spoke English, was at least 75 years old, and refused to use any kind of technology.
Most of the class was him telling stories about his childhood in Haiti and trying to connect it to the things we were learning in class, when really there was absolutely zero relationship between those things.
The best part is that half way through the semester he decided to abandon calculus and instead gave us twelve page algebra and geometry equations mixed into logic puzzles that didn't really follow any actual kind of logical sense. I'm not sure how to even properly describe them, but they were impossible to finish because they relied on the professor's personal cipher that he'd created with a mix of misspelled English words and paragraphs in French (I live in the US, no one but him spoke French in that room)
I'd try to find them so I could post pictures, because honestly I wouldn't believe it if someone told me, but these were single questions based only around algebra and geometry, with an occasional simple derivative question thrown in that took up entire packets of twelve pages.
The students thought he was kidding at first. I'm still in disbelief as to how this was allowed to exist in a first world university.
Our TA was some awkward, 30 year old balding guy with what little hair he had going half way down his back. He was a huge autist with a really high, squeaky voice and would visibly sweat whenever someone would talk to him for an extended period of time. He tried as hard as he could to help the students out and actually teach us calculus like the class was supposed to, he'd even given us worksheets he printed out that contained what we were supposed to be learning every week, but there was only so much he could do.
Only time I've ever failed a class in my life, I almost lost my financial aid for good just because of that semester, and now I'm very careful about what professors I take.

Been lucky overall but there was this one prof in a composition class I took. She was tenured, didn't care, and in all honesty managed to be an absolutely atrocious writer, despite having a doctorate from some prestigious black university.

She was also a massive sadist that derived pleasure in grilling students over their writing in front of the whole class.

I ended up being a massive cuck and just copied everything she told me to do, so I ended up with an A

But in reading the papers, they were jumbled with odd deviations, and I'd prefer a C in hindsight for telling her to shove it instead.