Found this today in whats called the reuse room at my university...

Found this today in whats called the reuse room at my university, people dump shit there and you can take things for free. What does Veeky Forums think?

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=gendered
college.lclark.edu/departments/gender_studies/symposium/archive/2010/
etd.uwc.ac.za/xmlui/bitstream/handle/11394/3667/Gasant_PHD_2012.pdf?sequence=1
expecteverything.eu/file/2016/04/Deliverable-2.1-Theoretical-Framework-to-be-published.pdf
npr.org/sections/money/2014/10/21/357629765/when-women-stopped-coding
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You go to Lewis and Clark? You guys are done with break already?

What does that mean op? If it didn't say gender studies on it, my initial thoughts would be that it is saying gender is a scientific concept.

What does it even mean?

Where is LC university? Went to LC community college I southwest IL, just curious.

Not op, but Portland Oregon, near my hippy school

>gendered
is this even a word?

No it isn't, it has no meaning in the English language

lmgtfy.com/?q=gendered

it is a word.

>Using Google as a 'source'.
Please return to .

What does that even mean?

OP here, I picked this up from Portland State, and some brief searching gives me the page for the 2010 symposium here:

college.lclark.edu/departments/gender_studies/symposium/archive/2010/

However this doesn't contain the exact phrase of "science is gendered". After some more looking around it looks like it refers to women being underrepresented in the sciences and the like.

Search for the phrase in these two papers:

etd.uwc.ac.za/xmlui/bitstream/handle/11394/3667/Gasant_PHD_2012.pdf?sequence=1

expecteverything.eu/file/2016/04/Deliverable-2.1-Theoretical-Framework-to-be-published.pdf

>not understanding how language works
Dictionaries are descriptive, not prescriptive.

If lots of people use a word, its a word.

>science is gendered
Can this cunts look at the biology, chemistry and math rates ffs.

Fuck off with that bullshit, I am an authoritarian full-blown nationalist fascist, language is prescriptive and any attempt to change it is TREASON!

"underrepresented"
I hate when I see this shit. Women under-represent themselves whenever it comes to stem fields. The opportunities available for women and minorities who take up stem degrees are huge compared to the ones offered towards white males.

Our society should only be based off of meritocracy, not oppression olympics.

I agree completely.

I would agree but we don't live in a static society. There were and are (less in present day) racism. That have effectively contributed to low socio-economic status and certain destructive behavior in American ghettos.

Before some retarded /pol/ monkey says if white people oppressed them why do large amounts occur against blacks. It has been proven throughout time and tested that when a certain group is being oppressed they turn against people of their group.

The dynamic relationships between oppression of African-Americans. Has demonstrated to be the contributing factor to low academic achievement.

Another example of societal influences affecting academic achievement is women in programming. Its common knowledge that in the beginning of programming this position had a large amount of women compared to what the female computer science participation is now. There was shift to market games and computers to men and they made computers a masculine object since then contributing to less and less women being involved in computer science.

npr.org/sections/money/2014/10/21/357629765/when-women-stopped-coding

Other societal influences such as parents wanting their daughter to have a child and marry can and does contribute to women's academic achievement.

You anti-Trump morons still don't fucking get it. This guy is the ANTI-Clinton, ANTI-Obama, ANTI-politic bullshit president. Obama would tweet shit like: "Happy New Year to a proud nation of diverse people and empowered women!" You know, Trudeau shit. This guy is making it clear: The days of peak cuck are over. If you stood in his way, he's going to fuck you over.

I think science would be less gendered if these women stop going into gender "studies" and pick up a STEM degree instead.

gas all women gender war now

>He bought the tumbler meme