Why even live

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

rejected from Oxford

Why even live

hairygrape
hairygrape

You don't need Oxford to do what you love. There are many more opportunities out there waiting.

Snarelure
Snarelure

falling for the "muh high tier school" meme

You're better off

Skullbone
Skullbone

I know, but I kinda had my heart set on it. Durham seems like a poor substitute. But I like every uni I applied to so I guess I'll be happy anyways

Evilember
Evilember

What do you need by "You're better off"?

SniperGod
SniperGod

It's a meme. Top tier schools have good employment stats because they attract good students. Not because of reputation

RavySnake
RavySnake

Yeah, but I'm more likely to get employed with "Oxford" on my CV (résumé if you're Murican) than, say, Durham.

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

Doesn't matter though. Finding a job isn't hard anyway. What's hard is moving up in your jobs. And when they're considering promotions, obviously your uni doesn't even enter into it.

AwesomeTucker
AwesomeTucker

That's true. Thanks for the condolences anon

Illusionz
Illusionz

No that's bullshit. I've been to both normal and ivy league and ivy league schools definitely spend more and care more. You sound like a jealous prick.

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

I studied at a top 10 school too for MSc, and did undergrad at one out of the top 200. I don't disagree that top tier schools have some advantages, but the advantages are vastly exaggerated. See

StonedTime
StonedTime

tfw you didn't even get an interview

don't worry anon... all we're missing out on is a bunch of posh wankers and pajeets... r-right?

AwesomeTucker
AwesomeTucker

Nah, just fuckloads of twenty year olds from China. Shame. Saw loads of Qt 3.14s there on the interview days.

Emberfire
Emberfire

Cambridge is better for science in general.

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

tfw got accepted to Cambridge but rejected their offer

Spamalot
Spamalot

Take your pedophile cartoons back to /a/.

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

take your shitposting back to /pol/

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

he didn't check the "mixed race" box for instant acceptance.

takes2long
takes2long

you bastard, kys

askme
askme

Never think that sub-Einstein-level contributions to society are the equivalent of working a minimum wage job. Whatever you do in life, it is going to be great. Take a page from our president. Look where it got him.

iluvmen
iluvmen

What A Levels did you get, anon?

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

it got him in some hot russian piss soup

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

rude

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

Did I get?

Still in sixth form. Doing maths, further maths, physics and chemistry. Predicted 4 A*

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit