How do I deal with the constant nagging fear of energy bills when it comes to cooking?

How do I deal with the constant nagging fear of energy bills when it comes to cooking?

I am TERRIFIED of using too much energy so refuse to cook anything that isn't super quick and fast to make.

I feel so terrified I cannot make any stews, bread or anything. Last week I tried to make bread but got scared halfway through the baking time and took the floury bread mixture out of the oven and ate the whole thing to pretend I enjoyed it. When I moved home my parents bought me a bunch of dry beans and I was scared to cook them as they take so long, so I ended up using them as bombs in my toy soldier playtime. I want to cook these things but just feel so pressured

How do I let go?

Oh come on, natural gas is cheap as fuck

Have you tried being less poor or getting a better paying job?

>A kWh of energy costs 0.22€ over here (likely significantly cheaper where you live)
>Your average stove plate has maybe 1.5 to 2kW power
>Running a 2kW stove for 1 hour per day for a month costs 13.2€ or $14

About two-thirds of your electric bill is related to heating water for showers/dishes/clothes + HVAC. Likewise, over the long run the 24/7 operation of your fridge/freeze will outweigh your oven/stove usage in bursts.

Temporary use appliances are actually a very small contributor to power consumption in the home. If you want to save BIGLY on your utility bill OP then turn down your thermostat during the winter and up during the summer, take shorter showers + set your water heater thermostat down, and also run fewer larger loads of clothes (also saves on motor wear) & dishes if you have a dishwasher.

A pressure cooker will reduce your boiling time to a third

Hey
I am OP
I never turn my heatign on, shower once per week in cold water, hand wash my clothes and smashed my PS4 with a hammer when I read about its energy usage. Cooking is the only problem and my kettle which I boil around 30 times per day

Cut expense elsewhere?

I mean, if you are so poor you worry about cooking running up your energy bill, I don't even know how you rent a place. But since you really seemed concerned, maybe you can cut expenses elsewhere in your life so you feel more comfortable cooking. It is worth it user, even if it does cost you some money.

how much money do you earn, do you live alone

1200 dollars

>smashed my PS4 with a hammer when I read about its energy usage.
A PS4 has a power consumption of 150W tops. Playing 5 hours per day costs you 5€ per month.
How does that warrant smashing a piece of equipment with a hammer? Seriously, how tight is your budget, OP?

>my kettle which I boil around 30 times per day
But why

> smashed my PS4
Fake&Gay no one is this retarded

Natural gas is cheap as fuck I don't understand how they can even sell electric ranges.

Idiot. Some of us live in areas that don't have natural gas, and the unregulated propane jew is untenable.

>not boiling water in the microwave

Move to DFW we have an unregulated energy market so companies can compete.

I pay 4.6 cents per KwH

I think you need some serious help OP. The kitchen is the place where it uses the least electricity.
Just where do you live when you have to keep track on how long you keep the oven on? How are you affording to even post on Veeky Forums?

I'm not asking for tips on saving money, I make enough money to pay the bills.

I have a crippling phobia of energy bills. I am asking for tips to overcome my fear. I start trembling when I use the oven and check my electric stovetop is turned off 5 times a night. I need fear tips not financial advise please guys.

I use it to wash myself, warm the house, clean my clothes, and let steam get in my eyes to blur my vision so I can't see the TV and decide to turn it off to save money

This. I find not being poor is a great help to not worrying about paying your bills, and having a job is a good way to not be poor.

>top 10 vampire products
is this a fucking joke or are they just stupid? how much could a tiny LED clock use that it would be in the top 10?

Get professional help.
If you realize that you have a crippling fear of paying the energy bill yet you're fine with paying other bills to post on Veeky Forums, something is seriously wrong with you.

>I have a crippling phobia

Even by Veeky Forums standards this is a high-shit-tier troll.

If you're that afraid, just measure your power usage. Get a power meter and check what the usual cooking session costs you.

Stages good enough or should I invest in a 2INpower? Femanon here.

Just stick a knife into the wall socket and judge based on how warm it gets

>GIRL HERE! HAHA :^)

>europoors have to constantly worry about heating their homes

Feels good being American

Rational thought? REEEEEEEE GET OUT

Huh, this actually makes a lot of sense
or... cents, if you will :^)

It's a meme. Probably created by Californian Democrats

>bigger TVs use more power in standby
This seems wrong. All you need to power is the IR reciever

Is it common in america to not have access to natural gas? I mean having to rely on electric for stove, ambient/water heating etc?
I'd probably kill myself

I'm in America and I've always had it, but I understand there are poor neighborhoods in flyover places that don't have it. Since Veeky Forums is full of poor flyovers that probably explains why everyone here is alway saying "gas is a rare exotic european thing". You have to take these people with a grain of salt, it's like how if you do anything that basement-dwelling teenagers are unfamiliar you're a fedora hipster from europe.

Use a solar mirror or solar oven.

>how much could a tiny LED clock use that it would be in the top 10?
Do you realize how much energy it takes to mine the materials, purify them, and then run them through a semiconductor fabrication process to create one "tiny LED clock"?

It's about as much CO2 generation as your automobile makes in a month.

>poor neighborhoods in flyover places
Hey stupid fucktard coastal citiot, guess what, most rural homes (especially in colder climates) have fucking enormous propane tanks that get filled up once or twice a year, because electric lines go down in winter storms and it's nice not to freeze to death.

That's not what user's list is referring to

>cripping fear of energy bills
the fuck? why?

You need to seek professional help

>smashed PS4
This is why you're poor and stupid, and don't deserve to eat. Why would you smash it instead of selling it for money?

>being more worried about the energy bill than the ingredient bill

are you cooking with an arc welder