Sous vide immersion cookers. What do you like to make with them Veeky Forums? I've done a lot of salmon...

Sous vide immersion cookers. What do you like to make with them Veeky Forums? I've done a lot of salmon, basic chicken and steak. What else is good to cook with these magical devices?

Carrots

creme brulee, infusing oils, ribs, confit

Poached steak

why is this meme taking off all of a sudden?

macaroni.

Since my birthday is next month and amazon has so few reviews, can any user tell me which sous vide immersion cooker is best. I plan to use it to cook fish and meat, mostly for two persons.

>meme
It's been a "meme" longer than you've been alive
>all of a sudden
Because one user got one recently and expects a routine and detailed discussion on the topic so keeps making threads

>want to get into sous vide cooking
>check the price
>600-700 euros for a fucking pot

what kind of kikery is this?

It's still somewhat of a niche technology so you can get everything from a $60 alibaba unit that will pretty much burn your house down, to a $700 unit that is UL/CE listed and also certified for use in hospitals and on airplanes.

Most people these days are getting the ones that cost about $125, such as the one in op's picture.

Their good for carboxylizing weed before you make budder or ingused oil. Keeps its from tasting like shit.

I use my whipping cream dispenser for that (iSi)

made pear with saffron the other night in mine. The pear had nice flavor but was still too firm. probably needs another hour and some fluid in the bag.

>boiling your food

White people sure dont like spicy food

Get a preserving cooker with temperature control. Will cost you about 80

generally anova is recommended. chefsteps joule is also a contestant for the best immersion heater.

?

its a meme u dip

72 hour beef ribs. Best to have a modified cooler box or such set up to minimize evaporation.

48 Hour chuck steak is a fav of mine right now as well.

Is there any way to use these without the plastic leeching chemicals into your food?

Protip: If you buy an Anova and say its broken they refund you and let you keep the anova

Except mine was actually broken

I know this is bait but it still triggers me

>72 hour beef short ribs.
This is truly the best reason to get an immersion circulator.
There is no other way to make a dish like this, perhaps the acme of beef flavor & texture.

Holy shit I did not know this was a thing. I know what I'm doing this weekend. Thank you user!

>What are HDPE bags

Eggs no question.

Oh ok thanks for telling me ;•)

Wat ever happened to that user who had that laboratory old hot water bath he converted into a sous vide did he died?