You major in physics

>You major in physics
>You graduate with No chance of grad school
What would you do?

I got shitty undergrad GPA in Bio and did a Master's degree to beef up my profile. It helps that my parents are rich.

Rely on my publications to help push me over the line.

You DID get published didn't you?

retake classes to boost your GPA what else?

pic related is you.

Wait. You're supposed to publish BEFORE you graduate college? I don't buy that. It's very rare.

If you want a career in the sciences.

Switch career, become a private school teacher or get into Finance or some programming shit.

chemistry?

yeah, it's extremely rare, and even when it does happen it's usually in some obscure society's conference proceedings

>>You major in physics
>>You graduate with

You were fucked from the start if you had 'plans' to go to grad school (in what, just 'physics'?) but couldn't come up with a concrete plan to achieve your goal.

>What would you do?

Catch up on your shit, take one or two non-matriculated classes wherever you can in physics. Get into grad school anyways.

ffs a low gpa definitely doesnt mean you cant get into grad school, enough with the doomsday speak.

Nah bro you need that 4.0 gpa and at least 10 papers published to even have a chance

>Nah bro you need that 4.0 gpa and at least 10 papers published to even have a chance

lmfao

Dude are you joking? I have 5 nobel prizes and synthesized my own loli in a particle accelerator and i still got rejected by my state uni.

>synthesized my own loli
teach me pls

Try to find a job as a tech or lab manager, then bust your ass. Getting your name out can only help you; having professors throw their weight around for you could push you over the top. Look into a master's to get your GPA up.

Neither do I. I've seen a few undergrads who have gotten second or third or n-th authorships working for grad students or post-docs. But, I have never seen a lab in which an undergrad would be in a position (e.g. "intellectual contribution") to publish as a first author.

Get a job.
Save some money.
Learn some German.
Go to do master in Germany.
Actually work hard this time.

How bad

That's not a loli but a succubus

Fuck off cuckling

Teach high school physics

It was from Cornell though so I think that helped mitigate the crappiness.

What if he's not a muslim?

Convert? Duh.

Where'd you do your masters

Many grad schools may accept you for a masters. You'll have to settle for a low-tier school if not unranked, and it will be completely profit driven.

Sorry you're a brainlet user.

>be in masters of mathematical physics
>probably just going to scrape through with first class honours average
>no publications
>only original work in thesis is expanding on proofs and definitions in higher level books and papers to help other grad students

How fucked am I. My supervisor is convinced I'm going to do a PhD but I'm not quite in that elite bracket you need to be for my field.

> My supervisor is convinced I'm going to do a PhD

Ask him to take you.
Unless you meant supervisor as in PhD student.
Then ask his boss.

It's totally normal not to do PhD in science. Not everyone is that smart and driven.

Do whatever you did in your second major.

Oh way, don't tell me you *only* majored in physics user.

Depends on the field.

Errr I think he would but my school isn't exactly the best. It might be 30ish in the world. I kind of want to go to a top 15 school if I do a PhD. I work in integrability right now and it seems you have to be genius tier to do anything appreciable in it.

> I think he would but my school isn't exactly the best. It might be 30ish in the world.

Wait, you're bragging? Here on Veeky Forums.

> I kind of want to go to a top 15 school if I do a PhD.

Oh no, you're just delusional.

> I work in integrability right now and it seems you have to be genius tier to do anything appreciable in it.

You're wrong.

must be nice to be pampered all your life

I'm in Australia m8, all my professors and lecturers I've talked to have recommended going overseas to a better uni to do my PhD.

Enroll as a non-degree student, retake the Physics courses you did badly in and then start taking grad level courses. Once you do this, apply to grad schools.

>

>You major in ANY engineering
>You graduate with No need of grad school since I have tons of jobs available to me
>60k$ starting

physicucks truly are the lowest scum on Earth.