Are aussie uni's very credible compared to the US and UK?

Are aussie uni's very credible compared to the US and UK?

If you know any of them, how would you rank the best science and math universities in australia?

Other urls found in this thread:

maths.unsw.edu.au/research/ranking-our-research
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No, they are not. They are jokes.
Honestly speaking here. Try to go to Oxford/Cambridge.

Aussie unis are full of trolls. They even call CS "CpE" and CpE "CS".

>Try to go to Oxford/Cambridge.

If only it were that easy.

How are they jokes? They're beginning to rank pretty high considering their population and geographical location.

> rank

Feel free to live in denial.
Australian unis are third-rate.

He's right.

Ausfag at an Ausfag uni here. Your best bet if you want to go to uni here is to forget about ranking (to an extent) and find a uni that performs research in the area you want to go into.

>el free to live in denial.
>Australian unis are third-rate.
>> rank
>Feel free to live in denial.
>Australian unis are third-rate.

So, you'd look down on an Australian graduate, even if it was from one of their top 3?

Okay, how does a first class honors grad from the best uni in Australia compare to one at a mediocre university from the UK or US?

Don't. Go to the most reputable uni.
High school students don't know what they want to do.
And they surely know shit about research directions.

Talking about research as undergrad is retarded.
There is no guarantee that particular group will admit you.
There is no guarantee the prof and the group will stay in the same uni until you graduation.

> Top 3

My sides.

>Go to the most reputable uni.

By the tone of users in this thread, there isn't even much point going to the most reputable uni in Aus (USYD, UMelb, UQ, UWA, ANU or UNSW).

inb4 Australians should drop out or accept their fate as academic inferiors to the majestic american state universities

>Ausfag at an Ausfag uni here. Your best bet if you want to go to uni here is to forget about ranking (to an extent) and find a uni that performs research in the area you want to go into.

And get ignored because you didn't get into an ivy or oxbridge

ANU is your best bet for maths and physics.
Monash has some good experimental physics and I think melb is good for optics. I don't really know shit about the other sciences except melbournes chemistry is a bit of a joke.

Feel free to do undergrad here and smash it, maybe even masters if thats your plan but for gods sake go to a good school for your PhD.

>ANU is your best bet for maths and physics.
>Monash has some good experimental physics and I think melb is good for optics. I don't really know shit about the other sciences except melbournes chemistry is a bit of a joke.
>Feel free to do undergrad here and smash it, maybe even masters if thats your plan but for gods sake go to a good school for your PhD.

inb4 my preferences are locked in and I'm going to UNSW for my bachelors w/ ATAR of 98

welp guess I'm screwed

you done goof'd, I'm a melbourne boy and even monash undergrad physics and maths is a joke compared to ours. I have no idea how UNSW stacks up but I'd probably assume its pretty shit tier. Just study in your spare time and make sure you go to a good grad school my friend.

Fuck AUS, US and UK.

If you want a REAL education with actual focus and learning things I would advise you going to Germany. US are full of degree mills, UK education standards are except for the Ivy ones extra low and aussies are aussies.

After that you're free to go wherever you want.

TUM, LMU, Heidelberg, TU Berlin, TU Darmstadt or RWTH are good adresse for science.

>not just self-learning meme

Fuck Germany.
Go to ETH.
They accept everyone.
And kick the unworthy after a year.

>yuropean ""education""

nice one abdul

>you done goof'd, I'm a melbourne boy and even monash undergrad physics and maths is a joke compared to ours. I have no idea how UNSW stacks up but I'd probably assume its pretty shit tier. Just study in your spare time and make sure you go to a good grad school my friend.

Highest ATAR req uni in Aus, ranks first in math and engineering.

maths.unsw.edu.au/research/ranking-our-research

Also have their own dedicated math and stats building that's not shared w/ other science departments.

How hard have I fucked up?

Most German Universities will have a much higher standard than ETH. In Germany you'll get kciked out of University after 1-2 semester as well if you don't pass certain exams. ETH is the address for research. For the buckle down learning experience, not.

I always go off times desu, I don't understand enough about all the different rankings but if thats right then go for it.
>Also have their own dedicated math and stats building that's not shared w/ other science departments.

There are unis that don't have this?

My uni's physics faculties occupy 1/4 of a floor. Same with math department.

Ranks better than any shit uni in Australia.

>There are unis that don't have this?

Yeah, ANU doesn't, USYD's math building is the carslaw building (shared with 3 other departments).

UNSW is also one of few universities to offer higher level Bsc (math) as B Adv Math, and B Actuarial Sci.

It's a pretty math-y university, but doesn't seem to have a high profile here. Reconsidering even going desu and just go to ANU like everyone else even though it's far easier to get into.

wildberger is at unsw. so top 1 world

Aryan unis, amirite?

>le arbitrary rank is the sole factor in uni quality for specific individuals
You're retarded.

>wildberger is at unsw. so top 1 world

Is that really a bad thing?

You get close contact with the genius himself. I don't think he's going to keep his employment much longer however.