Scientists genetically modified salmonella to eat cancerous tumors

Why did I not go into biology?

It was a dead field before CRISPR/Cas9

don't feel bad user

Do cancer free chicken tendies taste better?

im kinda wanting to get into biology, is it really dead or are you just memeing?

It was dead, now it's blooming.

Just like a resurrection plant

Research fields are generally very very specific and mostly irrelevant, if you want to become a pipette monkey go for it.

The scientists that cure cancer will have worked to do so for 40k a year.

I should have gone into popsci.

Because you want a good job.
I have a bachelor's in biology and now I am getting a master's in computer engineering.
Maybe I will be useful someday....

>Scientists genetically modified salmonella to eat human flesh

fixed

Because straight biology is stamp collecting and the very successful will struggle financially in life.

The real work is done in biophys and biomed. Most biologist are not capable of expanding beyond stamp collecting

kak u so edgy user

>pipette monkey go for it.
at least they're curing cancer, user

you are on Veeky Forums talking to a scinon about a field that is not his own, what do you think?

>Biologist here
>not a pipette monkey
feels good

Tbh for the most part you are right, a lot of Bio is lab monkey based, but that is the same in all science.

Also yeah most peoples research will fall into obscurity, but again, that is the same in all science. At least in Bio if you do something cool and valuable the chances are most people will thank you for it because the applications are often buzzwords which they know about ('cancer', diagnosis', 'sustained erections' etc), as opposed to in maths or physics where most people will ask why you are getting funding at all.

what's your biofield, user

Genomic Parasitology

I am the guy who occasionally makes Parasitology Q&A threads, if you have seen any

>flesh eating bacteria
that doesn't seem dangerous at all.

>tfw in chem eng

oh shit, it's you, always good threads

cheers bro, I appreciate that!

>TFW I will graduate my Master in Biochemistry and Biotechnology this year

hey fellow user CRISPR/cas for president.

sorry, where is the edge ? i cant cut my fingers on it. must be really small to begin with.

You can master in biotech, chemistry will be helpful