Navyfag here, I've packed on like 10 lbs and have ~10 weeks before my next semi annual fitness exam...

Navyfag here, I've packed on like 10 lbs and have ~10 weeks before my next semi annual fitness exam. While dropping weight I've taken up eating salads (on shore duty, never really eaten them before for actual meals) and fucking love 'em. For like the last week I've just been cracking up like half a head of iceberg lettuce with croutons, chicken breast and cherry tomatoes with a poppy seed dressing.

What are some Veeky Forums suggestions for salads, open to anything. What kind of salads do you faggots like?

Thank you for your cervix.

>being in the navy
>calling anyone a faggot

Try eating seamen

good thread so far

eat spinach or s/t else iceberg lettuce is worthless

Takes one to know one, shipmate.

You can replace the iceberg lettuce for spinach, if that's even an option. I imagine the navy doesn't have the same options as the army, but we get both. Iceberg lettuce has very little nutritional value compared to spinach.

:^)

I would've ignored your advice but those trips say otherwise.

:^o o===uu

Seriously, whenever I go to a salad place (Chopt, Sweetgreen, etc.) I always order stuff off of the pre-selected menu, but request spinach instead of lettuce. They never charge or anything, and I think it's much better.

Dude you realize everyone on here is a fat fuck right? The only salads anyone is eating here comes on their mcChicken

Beans, hard boiled eggs, corn, jalapenos

Projecting

Southwest salad sounds good, thanks.

OP, what I eat on a salad is typically what makes it equivalent to other meals by calorie and fat count. I consider it healthier, in that I pack on some vitamins of a wide variety from a wide amount of sources. So, though it's 1000 cals, I have the full salad bar, good fatty dressing, protein, etc.

For times when I wish to lose weight, I will do a marinated salad about 30 minutes before my main course dinner and find that I am satisfied with less for my main. It's a brain trick to be "full." What I like? Tomatoes, onions, balsamic, olive oil, basil. Tomatoes, onions, cucumbers, italian dressing. Cucumbers, onions, dill, sour cream or white vinegar with pinch of sugar. Cucumbers, green onions, cilantro, plus rice wine vinegar, splash of fish sauce. Cucumbers pack in basically no calories, and mix nicely with most vinegars from apple cider to to raspberry white balsamic. Since you like poppy seed dressing, I like that on a vidalia, butter lettuce, avocado, hearts of palm salad, sometimes with grapefruit or oranges. You can add crab.

Bell peppers, cucumbers, broccoli, cauliflower are good with a nice dipper. I currently am loving the Bolthouse Avocado Cilantro yogurt dressing. Use a tiny bit on the first bite of the crudite.

>tfw the only thing to look forward to was hamsters

I remember my Navy days fondly, especially because I was a Corpsman and every Psycho Sally and Suicide Sammy would somehow have a mental breakdown while I was on duty

Appreciated.

I'm an IT at a Naval Hospital right now and love giving out medical advice when im on the Quarterdeck. I get most of my info from Scrubs or House so I've probably caused a few deaths over the past couple years.

IT'S NOT GAY IF IT'S UNDERWAY

You doing PT? Anything outside of trying to eat foliage? This will matter more than anything.

Oh brother........

"Drug overdose? Nah, just let your roommate ride it out. He'll thank you for it when he comes to."

Yeah just looking for some out of the box salad ideas, Shouldn't have blogged about my path to losing 10 pounds. Just trying to make a salad thread.

"Just like, roll him up in a rug or something until he sobers up"

What community, OP?

Seabee stationed at Kings Bay, here.

I'd have thought Kings Bay would teach better OpSec.

No, it won't matter more than anything. Reducing calorie intake is by far the most effective way of losing weight. Do you have any idea what a shitload of workout you have to do just to burn that extra donut you couldn't leave sitting on the tray?

OP user, the vegetable with the lowest nutritional value is the common cucumber. I really like cucumber salads with finely sliced cucumbers in a vinaigrette. Or try coleslaw, with finely shredded cabbage. Very low on calories, and very healthy too, lots of roughage.

Also Navy and I'm surprised I don't see this thread more often, desu.

A man has needs.

Incidentally, last I knew 40% of women that went aboard carriers came back pregnant separate from their carrier deployment.
Apparently many will do almost anything to get off the ocean after several months.

You know, you could just PT more often.