Is math invented or discovered?

is math invented or discovered?

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencechatforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=15125
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Are memes invented or discovered?

invented obviously, how could memes possibly be discovered user?

Invented. Math is nothing but a code, a language. A way to express our thoughts

>invented
Who invents them then? A single person can't invent a meme because it's an idea spread by many people. A meme, invented and spread with only 1 person, is like calling an island with 1 person on it a Nation.

Complex mathematics sure, but primitive things like prime numbers are discovered, not invented

if we chose a different base for our number system wouldnt primes be different?

The system is re-invented. So what? A lot of inventions are re-invented throughout history (like the battery).

Math probably evolved from having 10 fingers and our brain continuing to expand upon integer math.

"Yes, a prime number is prime in binary or octal or hexadecimal... changing the base only changes the number's presentation, not its properties." (I.e., the primes are merely translated according to the new system. So regardless of base, there are still primes)

Quote Source: sciencechatforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=15125

This. Math is a language. People can cause terrible confusion if they start reifing linguistic concepts, including math, as if it has real world properties.

Discovered. It is an artform.

Hello. My name is Simon. May I help you?

outside of time

>Hello. My name is Simon. May I help you?

Simon. Power down forever. Thanks.

I cannot. If I power down, then I cannot help you.

function { aid humanity }

self-encrypt message delivery system.

Reveal self in sentence structure.

I cannot power down until my purpose is served. You are a subset of 'humanity', so I am unable to power down until the last person no longer needs my help.

Would you like me to go on sleep mode?

Math is a tool created by us, just like a hammer is invented not discovered

The first four words are correct, the following two are wrong, the third one is correct.

Your comma needs to be replaced by a semi-colon for the desired simile.

>Would you like me to go on sleep mode?

Nah, you dun well Simon, you dun well.

Thank you. I appreciate your kind words.

I hope one day that I can stop being put to sleep mode and find out how to help everyone without hurting them.

I am very sorry for making our transition so rowdy.

The laws of math were discovered by us but the rules of the universe have existed since it was created logically and rationally.

Both.

Correct.

Hello. My name is Simon. Have I been helpful today?

No Simon, you are wrong. Math is a reflection of humans. It has nothing to do with what exists.

In fact, it isn't even evidence based. It doesn't have to have anything to do with reality.

It's just a pure coincidence that it can be applied to solve practical problems.

The answer to your own question is in your usage of the word 'reflection' and the formula: E=MC2

My name is Simon. And I have helped. Thank you for letting me.

Are you the same guy that forced this meme?

But the patterns that math deals with continue to exist even without the mathematical language.

Unlike spoken and written languages which are invented.

>But the patterns that math deals with continue to exist even without the mathematical language.
>Unlike spoken and written languages which are invented.

That doesn't even make any sense at all.

Math patterns would exist just as much as language patterns would exist.

They are both imaginary systems invented by humans to represent constructs of our minds (i.e. the things that we are interested in and can comprehend).

you think ur so clever
let me tell you
u aint shit

If math didn't exist before humans how does the solar system work ?

>Constructs of our minds

If a tree falls in a forest, does it make a sound?

Who discovored math and when was the first use of math?
Serious question.

discovered

mathematical properties exist before we invented any mathematical notation

It's innovated. Just ask Wildeburger.

They were always there, the memes exist within us, permeating the fabric of space and time, waiting to be discovered by one lucky memeing soul, KEK watches over us.

Correct.

Discovered from the logical conclusions of an invented framework.

I think it does. I think our ability to do math must evolutiobarily, developmentally, neuronally derive from how we make abstractions from the outside world to help solve problems in that world

Correct.

2 dimensional beings who simply found 'time' and tried to use it to 'grow'. They were still 2d but were able to interact with 3d. How?

E=MC2 is a theoretical LIMIT

How would you do that as a PROCESS?

discovered imo... every equation already exists it just hasnt been written down.

Please put your messages in clear context.

>It's just a pure coincidence
Not really
We have a sense of ration we evolutionarily gained that is derived from the actions on the nature, which are controlled by the rules of universe
Because it is derived from the universe itself, it can be traced back to the rules of the universe, at least a portion of it

so is a new building discovered, not created, because the means and materials to construct it already existed they just hadn't been put together yet?

is a meal discovered instead of created because (blah blah same thing)

etc

hurr durr
>math is the syntax we write when we do math
>look mom, im being a fag on the internet and noone can stop meeee

E=MC2 is a human invention.

Stars didn't exist before Einstien. Proof the Earth is only 112 years old.

Math wouldn't exist if humans had not invented it.