Tfw can't use chop sticks

>tfw can't use chop sticks

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/SenvN3SjVbo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Hold them like a pencil then cram your middle finger between them

Don't do this.

Practice with little balls of paper and work your way up to cheetos

Practice when youre really hungry. Necessity breeds a sharp learning curve.

Also, noodles and stir fry are easy for beginners.

>TFW all the nips hand you a fork and spoon instead of chopsticks

I want to someday be able to use chopsticks in both my right and left hands simultaneously. I will study very hard sensei!

Here this might help

it's not worth learning - it's like trying to learn how to use an abacus or a curta. it's a failed technology.

Your mom's a failed technology.

He's right though.

What benefit do they offer that a fork or spoon doesn't provide.

Precision.

thats as dumb as using 2 forks to eat a meal

>be like 9 or something
>first learn of chopsticks
>look over at another person using them
>pick them up and do what they do
>it works

Master of tools up in this shit.

this is completely wrong.

the only advantage they have is that they make it a lot slower to eat a meal, so you probably wind up eating less food.

chop sticks are garbage and any worthwhile culture would embrace the fork. it's like watching mac fags trying to defend the 1 button mouse.

I can eat with chopsticks just as quickly as I can with a fork.

Faster if I am eating things that break easily.

>it's like watching mac fags trying to defend the 1 button mouse

They don't still do this do they?

I'm assuming you can look at a picture on how to properly hold them. What helped me get better at eating with chopsticks is to not use a downward stabbing motion like a fork when you try and grab things. Hold them closer to the horizontal when picking food up.

No one actually uses chopsticks for practical uses. It's an experience thing. I COULD eat sushi or dim sum with a spoon and fork, but it just doesn't feel or taste the same.

It's like eating pizza or fries with your hands. You look like a fucking melvin if you eat them with a knife and fork.

Also, it'll probably prevent yourself from stuffing your fat face too quickly and eat at a moderate pace

Being able to pick up food without mashing it into paste or jabbing it full of goddamn holes?

Come back to me when you can eat these without a fork and not make a goddamn mess.

*shrug*

I use fork 80% of the time. I don't diss chopsticks though. When eating chinese food, they really help bring out the taste as you pick separate morsels instead of loading a forkful of the mix - but it would be fucking stupid to use them for eating grilled sausages or mashed potatoes.

Just another utensil, adding to variety, good for some stuff, bad for other. Neither worthy of worship nor hate.

If you think this, you do not know how to use cutlery.

They do have practical uses. Chopsticks are actually pretty useful in the kitchen, and there are a couple of dishes they're useful to eat with.

Thinking about it, you're right. Scratch everything I said about it not being practical.

Got it on first try, thanks user.

Yep.

Stick a chopstick into baking goods like gingerbread or cake when baking, if it goes in and out easily, it's done. If you feel a gooey friction, it's still raw inside. Great for that.

Use as sticks for shishkebab.

Tie with rubber bands to keep a bag with some foodstuffs tightly closed.

Stir stuff in non-stick pan if you misplaced your spatula.

Light the top on fire to light up the gas oven in case you have an old model without ignitor.

Cut an end off and use as stopper on tiny flasks.

Move that clump clogging the drain.

Chopsticks are very versatile kitchen utensils. And you can use them as eating utensils in a pinch too!

stupid analogy. chopsticks are trackballs

Basically this, a fork is just simpler and generally more versatile.

>without mashing it into paste or jabbing it full of goddamn holes
Who gives a shit, are you trying to eat a raw egg with a fork?

If I was gonna eat those things in your pictures I could probably use a spoon, or just lift them with the fork outright.
It's like you have no finesse and feel the pressing need to stab with a fork just because it can.

A much more interesting question about the fork compared to chopsticks is whether the food prep was more conducive to the development of chopstick or knife, or whether the the food prep developed to match the utensil.

Why not just use mini tongs

>doesn't know what soup dumplings are
Let me expand your horizons flyover. They are held with chopsticks over a spoon. You take a small bite of the dumpling and drink the molten lava hot pork broth out of it. A fork wouldn't be very well suited.

explain to me how this couldn't be accomplished with a fork and a spoon instead

Abacus doesn't require training.. only idiots can't imagine how it works

>muh special gookfood
For that matter, I'm a Euro, you smug coastal American.

Lol even worse.

>tfw can't use knife and fork
>tfw eat with hands

aren't you the retards who call any food that looks remotely asian "wok", as if that is not the word for a piece of an iron? yeah, thought so, enjoy having an existential crisis because you see someone with a different skin color every couple of days now and you don't know if europe will ever be able to cope

Please make a video of yourself eating dumplings this way

Chopsticks are good though. They're for eating the type of thing an American would generally eat with their fingers but that you wouldn't actually want to touch because too hot/greasy/sticky and it turns out that a lot of Asian food is in this category.

I bet you try to eat fried rice with chopsticks too

When you eat stuff like that you just hold the chopsticks parallel to one another and flat then scoop like a spood. As user said, the main point of it is that it makes you eat slower.

Except you're not supposed to use chopsticks to eat it, which was my point. Even the Japs just use spoons. (Source: google "チャーハン" and tell me how many chopsticks you see in comparison to spoons)

are you retarded?

I was under the impression use of chopsticks in China first developed along with a need for cooking fuel scarcity and conservation. Smaller pieces of food cook faster, and chopsticks are really good at manipulating small pieces of raw food during cooking.

ITT: faggot weebs defending a retarded culture that they'll never be a part of.

Time to neck yourselves lads

how the fuck are you supposed to eat ramen with chopsticks

Calling out people for eating like a retard doesn't have anything to do with being racist you fucking moron.

I eat salads with chopsticks

>youtu.be/SenvN3SjVbo
Not me obviously. Unless you want to believe I'm Anthony Bourdain, and shitpost on Veeky Forums regularly.

You use a spoon too.

>tfw to intelligent to use chopsticks or cutlery in general

>tfw you only know how to use chopsticks because your dad is a huge weeb

If you can't use a fork you'll look like a retarded manchild.