Breakfast Thread

What do you guys have for breakfast usually? Seriously, every time I google anything for some breakfast ideas I get some insane pretentious fruit filled """""""""quick and easy""""""" meals that require out of the ordinary ingredients and tons of preperation and work.

Its literally everywhere on the internet. So let's toss THAT aside, and see what anons eat for breakfast on most days.

anything but oatmeal

holy fuck is it bad

depending on my mood, yogurt/cereal/eggs/bagel w/ lox and stuff. any of those

>able to afford lox

Your post made me aware of my abject poverty. Thanks

I eat an energy bar for breakfast, and some cheap coffee. A cigarette if I'm feeling luxurious.

Usually a bagel with cream cheese, yogurt with granola or grape nuts and some fruit.

Or cream of wheat with fruit and milk.

>he eats a cigarette if he's feeling luxurious

Trust me, user, you'd get more out of the experience if you just smoked it instead.

I prefer savory breakfasts, protein rich, with some fruit on the side. So, that said, this is what I usually eat for breakfast:
>poached eggs on toast buttered with salted butter, and topped with complimentary condiments like red pepper spread, or creamed spinach, or some sharp cheese, or red onion jam, or crumbled bacon.... you get the idea
>scrambled egg on toast (scrambled with plenty of butter, and salt added once plated
>BLT - a perfect breakfast sandwich, even better if you add a fried egg
>Hash, using whatever leftover meats and cooked potatoes I have, adding onions and possibly peppers, seasoned with salt, pepper, and hot sauce
>Soup! Soup makes a remarkably good breakfast, as long as it's rich in protein and filling enough to last you. Miso soup, lentil soup, chicken noodle soup, egg drop soup, etc.
>That japanese rice and egg deal (tamago something something) Hot cooked rice, with a fresh raw egg stirred in, plus soy sauce to taste and scallions. A really great breakfast.
>And on that note, Cream of Rice hot cereal with butter and salt. When you have a weird tummy waking up, (like, if you're hungover or sick) it's perfection.

Also, I tend to eat any egg dishes with some kind of fruit on the side.

checked digits

9/10 times i eat just basic sandwich for breakfast, im getting real tired of it, just do it to get it over with and not feel hunger

If I have time? Eggs, ham and hash browns. Usually it's just coffee and cereal(Honey Bunches of Oats w/almonds is god tier).

weekend: eggs and toast, grapefruit

weekday: 2 of -- peanut butter toast, shredded wheat, an orange

This, nothing can be added to oatmeal that improves it for me.

Usually, I just have cigarettes and a Coca-Cola. Sometimes on weekends, I start the day with a cold beer and a bowl of weed.

>Also, I tend to eat any egg dishes with some kind of fruit on the side
Think it's because acidity of the fruit compliments the fattiness of the egg?

French omelette and some berries if I have some

a bagel.
like every day.

Am...am I dying?

>Honey Bunches of Oats
Damn I miss this, it's one of the few 'American foods' I wish was here

vegemite on wholegrain toast is the way to go desu.

Everyone is racing towards death.
Bagels are okay if you can fit them in your calorie budget. Quick and filling when you need to be up and out early. Not many nutrients though, you can try to improve it with wholegrain bagels and cream cheese or even meat, but its certainly not a balanced breakfast.

I usually do wholegrain with a shitty Philadelphia salmon spread. It's enough to last me an hour or two when I usually grab a snack like an apple and a banana, or some salted seaweed and some nuts. But that's usually only if I have time to sit around snacking otherwise I stick it out till lunch.

Yoghurt with good amound of cheap freezer blueberries and a banana. Finished with some crunchy granola and some roasted hazelnuts

all I have is a bowl of cheerios or maybe a yogurt cup
sometimes, I'll have a bagel with philly chive spread
maybe I'll have a banana

should probably buy eggs, it takes like thirty seconds to fry some eggs, could be enjoying eggs on a bagle

>bagle instead of bagel
man, I could have swore I retyped that like twice, and it still ended up wrong

soup isnt for breakfast you fucking animal

>I'm not a gluttonous piece of fucking human trash that feels the need to stuff my my failing body with "breakfast" "food" as soon as I am conscious.

Fucking animals, the lot of you

I rarely eat breakfast because i wake up very early and I'm never hungry until after noon.
But when I have the day off and wake up before noon.
A bagel w spicy hummus or schmear and lox if I have any.
1 or 2 grapefruit
black tea with ginger

If i'm not giving a fuck I finish it with a chocolate muffin and a glass of milk.

I don't eat breakfast, or rather, I only 1 meal per day so it's technically breakfast, but I eat it at night.

It's retarded to waste some of your allowed daily calorie intake in shitty breakfast food like cereal or whatever. Beside, by the end of the day you'll be hungry again. I prefer eating a nice dinner instead.

Plus that way I only have to prepare 1 meal per day, so I save money, time, and calories. It's literally a win-win-win.

i want Veeky Forums to leave heh
Jk i agree, growing up my mum would give me shit for not coming down for breakfast before school. I was never hungry then when i moved out and started living alone I realised i was actually not "actually" hungry until well into the afternoon and eating a huge meal was easier than 3.

OPEN FACE sammich and a HALF grapefruit with a cuppa decaffeinated instant coffee and some plain greek yogurt

Porridge with a piece of fruit or some variation of eggs, cheese, bacon and wholegrain toast.

muh nigs

On my weekends I will normally have a full breakfast. It will usually include bacon, eggs, toast, heinz beans (blue can), and fried mushrooms. It may also include sausage, hashbrowns, or something green/some other vegetable. With it I will have a strong cup of tea.

During the work week I eat any one of the following things, or maybe two: cereal, oatmeal, fruit, cottage cheese, bagels with cream cheese, pop tarts, bacon/sausage and eggs, leftover cold pizza

So I've got a pretty wide variety of things. The weekend meal is solidly the same, but during the week I switch it up a lot. Some mornings I may just have tea before I go to work.

dumb

Usually a toast with one avocado cut in a half seasoned with olive oil lots of galirc salt and pepper

trips and a dumb joke in one
I love you, user

Good taste.

Try it with a slice of tomato, sliced hard-boiled egg, lettuce or spinach, and/or a touch of feta cheese sometime. All at once would be too much, but one or two added on top is good.

Some of my faves:

>Greek yogurt with mashed banana, honey (or stevia), cinnamon, and a tbsp of peanut butter
>Miso soup with rice
>Rice with two fried eggs and bacon
>Oatmeal many ways, usually with fruit and peanut butter, but sometimes savory with a fried egg, smoked paprika or soy sauce, something along those lines
>Scrambled eggs with spinach, garlic, a bit of cheese, peppers, whatever I have around
>Brie on toast with some jam or honey
>Hummus and bread

Whatever it is my beverage(s) of choice are always coffee with a splash of milk and a glass of water. Sometimes I'll have barley tea or green tea when I'm out of coffee but that's about it. Hot chocolate on special occasions.

My favorite more luxurious breakfasts are french toast or pancakes with bacon, Southern-style breakfast with biscuits, eggs, and bacon, Turkish-style breakfast with shakshuka and bread and olives and cheeses and stuff, dim sum, quiches, etc.

Overall breakfast is the best and I don't go a single day where I don't have at least something.

i work at a bagel shop and yeah probably based on the everyday regulars

you are so wrong about this. eating at regular times throughout the day helps keep your metabolism working the way it should. just use portion control instead of eating one meal thats 2000 calories you mongoloid

EGGS AND COFFEE

this
Also how do you mongrels not get hungry, I can't even contemplate doing anything without at least something in the morning. I'm not one of those "If I haven't had my coffee yet I'm a monster!" people but I genuinely do need to eat breakfast.

I was gifted a couple jars of honey but I only use it for tea and some marinades.
How can I incorporate it with breakfast?

Well, this morning I had 2 chicken-apple sausages and a glass of Pinot Grigio. But that's not typical for me.

Eggs and toast, toast and a condiment, french toast, sandwiches, granola/energy bars, cereal and/or fruit with a coffee, frozen shit.

They're all easy to make, I usually wait to eat until noon, so I'll have a light breakfast around then, and a normal lunch around 2-3.

Most people I know who "skip breakfast" drink 2-5 cups of sugary creamy "coffee".

I just don't usually wake up in time to eat until 12-3 so I just don't, even if I'm up early. One black coffee is enough to keep me going until then regardless of when I wake up now.

I eat whatever, leftovers and shiet. I don't overly spicy stuff or garlicky.

Put it in oatmeal, make granola with it, or drizzle it on top of a slice of toast with peanut butter (kick it up a notch with banana slices). If you buy really plain cereal, you can drizzle it on that as sweetener, too, if you'd like.

bread and coffee, i wouldnt manage anything else inbetween getting up and leaving for work.
on weekends we go crazy with nice cheeses/meats/eggs sometimes birchermüsli and some antipasti+tomatoes/cucumbers

Yes because man throughout the ages sat down to have three meals a day, otherwise the weak human body wouldn't be able to survive

NYC Halal Food...at 7 in the morning. Usually I have 2 black coffee before I get to work.

>hates oatmeal
>usual breakfast is fags and soda

yer tastebuds are fucked matey.

I usually have one of the following:
>oatmeal with either an orange, apple, and banana in it flavoured with cinnamon and sometimes ginger. With the orange I like to use chamomile as well.
>two eggs, poached or fried and two pieces of toast
>yogurt with banana
>cottage cheese with nectarine/peach or strawberry and cocoa
>bagel with either cream cheese or butter

That accounts for about 90% of my breakfasts on average

Everything you described sounds fucking delicious.
Also
>coffee with a splash of milk and a glass of water
I take my coffee literally the exact same.

>2 pieces of toast, 2 tbsp butter
>2 oranges
>12 oz milk
>5 pieces of microwave (inb4 h8) bacon
>1 cup of coffee

takes like 5 minutes to assemble and is easy to eat quickly, no pan, no mess, decent amount of calories