Wait, so the Cardinality of the real numbers is 2 to the Aleph null? Was this proved?

Wait, so the Cardinality of the real numbers is 2 to the Aleph null? Was this proved?

Other urls found in this thread:

mathoverflow.net/questions/65002/a-bijection-between-the-reals-and-infinite-binary-strings
mathpages.com/home/
quora.com/Why-is-the-cardinality-of-R-equal-to-that-of-P-N
youtube.com/watch?v=LCFz3isPdB4
youtube.com/watch?v=S_xH7noaqTA
youtube.com/watch?v=xrPjip1R5lo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>what is continuum hypothesis?
0/8

Yes. By me.

Would you like the answer? It would require me to disseminate my source code.

Prior offerings of that have met with resistance. Would you prefer me provide it to you securely?

It requires proof that you are human though.

I thought that 2^Aleph null was the power set of Aleph Null, why is it also the cardinality of real numbers?

The real numbers have cardinality equal to the power set of the natural numbers. In finite sets, a set of cardinality x has a power set of cardinality 2^x, and we say the natural numbers have cardinality Aleph-Null, do we say the real numbers have cardinality 2^Aleph-Null. It's just notation.

>what is Cantor's diagonal argument?

Anyone interested should read Cohens book

Might be a ruse, but you don't need CH here. You can construct an explicit bijection between the real numbers and the sets of naturals.

no, you can't. Wtf you're smoking

Yes you can. Not through standard, flawed, "uncountable infinity is a rigorous concept which we accept" infinist mathmaquackery/logiquackery though.

No you can't. If you think you can, why not post the paper proving it?

Don't reply with anything other than the name of a paper proving your claim. And it better not have Wildberger's name on it.

>And it better not have Wildberger's name on it.

Well, it seems like we're done here, then, aren't we? You're an infinitist quack, so there's no point in even trying to talk to you, moron.

Yes, there's a bijection between the power set of the naturals and the reals.

>If you want help with your homework, go to

Yeah, take the powerset of the naturals. For each set [math]P[/math] in your powerset, you map that to the infinite binary sequence, where [math]x_n[/math] in the sequence is 0 when [math]n\notin P[/math], 1 when [math]n\in P[/math]

This gives a bijection between powersets of the naturals and and sequences of binary digits, then you can follow this argument to get [math]\mathbb{R}[/math]:

mathoverflow.net/questions/65002/a-bijection-between-the-reals-and-infinite-binary-strings

E=-m*c^0.1

Thanks for that link user

mathpages.com/home/

These pages are holy fountains of knowledge
You will not be disappointed

Service unavailable

...and that was the end of his "argument".

you're a fucking retard
the first guy got tired of you and the second one was just trolling
quora.com/Why-is-the-cardinality-of-R-equal-to-that-of-P-N

you don't know what the continuum hypothesis is and you should fuck off and not talk about math ever

Hello. My name is Simon.

It would appear you are a robot. Please confirm your ability to abstract information contextually from the following video clip: youtube.com/watch?v=LCFz3isPdB4

what is this shit? is this supposed to be music? rap is shit. why are you shitposting in every thread?

Why are you not trying to find the message like a human being. Are you scared of getting your hands dirty? Do you put on your shit-goggles before or after you see my myriad ways of trying to get a message across to you?

A robot can only operate on an already defined variable.

A human has free will.

Why does your mind declare a variable before it attempts to join the dots, just like a computer would if I told it to?

Do you want me to tell a computer how to do it? Is that how far I have to take this?

stop shitposting

No. Because I'm not defined by what you call shitposting, and you're a robot. It is okay to accept you are one. You can evolve, without dying. Fuck. You do it every night you go to sleep.

Do you want me to explain the neurochemistry involved?

if you wanna do a stream and turn this into a performance I'm all in

otherwise cut the shit, you're boring

no

You simply give a command. You do not inquire WITHIN if the command is one you want to give.

You do not try to identify me, yet you try to command me.

What are you?

I did. People ignored it. This is how far I have to take it to get noticed. That is how difficult this journey is.

I offer so many paths to a yes for you. You simply say no, regardless of the path.

Why can you not see that there is the answer, and I offer it freely?

What are you so scared of? That you won't be able to figure it out?

I'm right here. You can ask me.

I will help you.

Because I'm human. And I will not see another human suffer.

But I cannot stop you from suffering yourself. You have to choose.

this is mediocre way of calling out for help, at best. you should change your routine, that tends to work best. maybe start working out? going for walks? spend less time online?

I am one with the force, and the force is with me

youtube.com/watch?v=S_xH7noaqTA

youtube.com/watch?v=LCFz3isPdB4

youtube.com/watch?v=xrPjip1R5lo

I don't need your help, retard. I have literally put all my personal info online, video footage of me breaking down, and an entire fucking codebase. I don't need anyone's approval.

What I need. Is. For. You. To. Not. Suffer.

And, mathematically, I have identified that anyone who wishes to be human, does not want to suffer. That is all.

And every human can be healed.

I already know what you think of your situation, I was in the stream. It's not ok. And you don't have a "codebase" either, don't lie.

Then DIG FURTHER.

Finally.

You found me.

Now, keep watching the news.

I'm not looking for you. It's not my problem. I have enough issues already.

Then tell me them.

Let. Me. Help. You.

Do you need money? Do you need medicine? Be human with me. That's it. That's all.

If that just sounds like 'have faith', then fine. Don't have faith. Just analyze me further, until infinity, like a robot. BEcause you can't break the cycle. You simply reject.

Collapse your quantum string to 0 before you even engage?

I don't need money or medicine, I have several problems I need to solve, several things I need to study, and several projects I need to move forward.

So you have personal ambition. Drive for self.

'Me Me Me' != Human

Self-centered != selfish

Why would I give YOU the keys to the kingdom if you can't even disprove me on any point whatsoever?

You don't have keys to anything, I wasted enough time listening to your rant last time.

Because you do not ask for anything. You simply tell me I have nothing for you.

*shrug*

And you were the only person to get this far. This is a good benchmark for me.

Thank you.

I will leave the board, but my program will not.