½ tsp sweet paprika
1 tsp dried thyme
½ red capsicum, deseeded and diced
½ yellow capsicum, deseeded and diced
½ green capsicum, deseeded and diced
400g tin crushed tomatoes
2 tbs fresh parsley, chopped
4 eggs

1.Heat a non-stick frypan over medium heat and drizzle with oil.
2.Add onion and cook for 5 minutes. Add garlic, cumin, paprika and thyme and continue cooking for a few more minutes.
3.Add diced capsicum and cook for a few minutes. Add tomatoes and bring to a simmer, then cover and continue to simmer for around 25 minutes, stirring regularly.
4.Stir through parsley.
5.Make 4 holes in the mixture and add the eggs. Cover and continue to cook until eggs are cooked.

Please share your favorite Jewish food recipes

Other urls found in this thread:

bonappetit.com/recipe/matzo-ball-soup
youtu.be/mTmVp1M64Wc?t=28
buzzfeed.com/deenashanker/make-bubbe-proud?utm_term=.tkND45LB0#.fxja8Y7qK
buzzfeed.com/rachelysanders/the-official-buzzfeed-cookbook?utm_term=.euQ4m1Aqw2#.joOag6Rx0d
i.4cdn.org/ck/1487788578095.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>shakshuka
>jewish food
not only good at stealing land but also culture

jews, not even once

Lol they either steal Arab dishes or bastardise Eastern Europe dishes and call them Jewish
>Jews not even once

God I hate jewish "cuisine"
they think everything is somehow theirs when in fact they've only ever made matza

Levantine food is amazing, but I really don't give a fuck whether or not its Kosher.

This is the only thing I can think of, sorry OP

That is classic shit. Chinese restaurants were open on Christmas. While most weren't certified Kosher you could easily order something that qualified by ordering a vegetarian dish, and for those who just avoided pork, shellfish and mixing meat and dairy there was still plenty on the menu. Also urban American Jews were early adopters of Chinese food (probably for the reasons listed above). But no doubt it's a thing.

It's not even Levantine. It's fucking North African. And there is nothing Jewish about it at all.

Israelis may be innovative in a number of technologies, but they don't have a creative culinary bone in their collective bodies.

As far as cuisine goes some consider the Levant to encompass Turkey and parts of North Africa.
>but they don't have a creative culinary bone in their collective bodies
Cuisine is a regional thing. so being a people without a homeland for much of history is a shit start. Then having a set of dietary laws designed to separate you from the others you live among? That's going to result in your food traditions being riffs on the foods of where you live to make them line up with your laws.

very inaccurate statement totally false
user you just don't have a clue

فكرت أن شكشوكة عربي و مش إسرائيلي

This is either really high quality bait or OP is a fucking thieving jew, either way kill yourself you faggot.

kek hello ali

PUDDIT IN THE OVEN

When will the shaksuka meme end. Its literally just tomato sauce with a fried egg on top.

That's why It's so good

you've clearly never made it if that's what you think

>onion
>garlic
>bell pepper
>tomatoes
>spices
simmer for 30 min
>egg

literally tomato sauce with an egg you idiot

>steak & lobster
literally just blocks of protein and fat

>food
literally just molecules

correct

correct

wrong

Kugel

the only jewish culinary I know is putting a rabbi in the oven at 616 degrees

and you think you are funny,no you are just stupid,
and in mean time Jewish people rule the whole world and laughing at losers like you.

Can I just poach some eggs in some canned salsa?

spotted the Jew, goy

>Complaining about cultural appropriation
I guess SJW tactics are ok if your target is the Jews.

For real who gives a fuck who invented dishes, the people who came up with original ideas are long dead.

Jewish cuisine is largely based on Eastern European cuisine but don't tell me a Jewish delicatessen is identical to a German deli.

A comforting pot of MATZOH BALL SOUP.
There are few foods as perfect as these delicious little carbohydrate balls drenched in chicken soup.
Matzo ball purists swear by the importance of schmaltz, aka chicken fat, in making the balls,
but non-meat eaters (and less intense cooks) can definitely get by without it.

Classic recipe,
bonappetit.com/recipe/matzo-ball-soup

mind out lads
truly patrician jewish dish coming through

Ashkenazi Jews are the smartest ethnic group on the planet, you stupid goy.

>Matzo ball purists swear by the importance of schmaltz
Yes, because it's an essential ingredient.

I remember watching some youtube video on shakshuka, and the bitch in it was getting super triggered by people putting onion in it because it wasn't "authentic"

>but don't tell me a Jewish delicatessen is identical to a German deli
Literally the only difference is pork.

i once made a black pepper chicken dish was v tasty, was essentially chicken cooked in a handful of tomatoes and coriander leaves with a tonne of crushed black pepper
what is this? its looks beautiful

It's called sabich, it's glorious.
Fried eggplant, israeli salad, hard boiled egg, tahina, hummus and some dope ass mango spicy sauce.

Honestly Israel has the best vegetarian street food, sabich, falafel, and hummus are all g-d-tier.
And unlike indian food it doesn't give you the shits

I'd make it at home, but making proper pita bread is a hard thing to master

Jews have been in north africa and the levant , Iraq, Syria etc etc thousand of years before Arabs stepped foot into them and have been eating middle eeastern food for literally thousand of years before arabs. It's the Arabs who stole their religion, customs and culture. Real Arab cultre is living in sand dunes.

Hello, JIDF!

Where do I sign up? I'm ready for action!

fuck off mehmet. Stop trying to deceive people here. Arabs are and have always been invaders and foreign to north Africa and most of the middle east. Egypt was a coptic christian country with a large greek and jewish minority until the arabs came and killed everyone and stole their culture, now arabs are pretending that Egyptian food is arabic. fuck off you parasites.

WE

That's why you find a bakery in your town and buy them by the dozen.

>The history of the Jews in Libya stretches back to the 3rd century BCE, when Cyrenaica was under Greek rule.

> In 647 an army of 40,000 Arabs, led by Abdullah ibn Saad, the foster-brother of Caliph Uthman, penetrated deep into Western Libya and took Tripoli from the Byzantines definitively.[16] From Barqa, the Fezzan (Libya's Southern region) was conquered by Uqba ibn Nafi in 663 and Berber resistance was overcome.
>Shakshouka is a staple of Libyan, Egyptian, Tunisian, Algerian, Moroccan, cuisines, traditionally served in a cast iron pan or tajine as in Morocco with bread to mop up the sauce. It is also popular in Israel,[7] where it was introduced by Libyan Jews and Tunisian Jews, tens of thousands of whom immigrated to Israel during the 1950s

shakshouka is more Jewish north african than Arab.

Yes of course!

ALL of their cuisine is actually yours! You invented it, no doubt! Glory to Israel.

You're the one claiming it's Arab food when it's North African food and has been a staple of north african peoples for thousands of years before the Arabs stepped foot in those lands. Arabs have no culture or food, it's all stolen from the people and cultures they invaded. Arabs aren't even allowed to listen to music yet they claim that north african and middle eastern music as theirs . as I said, if you want to appreciate real Arab cuisine go eat raw camels while burying your daughters alive to appease your moon god.

Got a question for you, goy.

Did you invent Chili? maybe you invented shepherd's pie, too. The wonders of Israeli cuisine never cease to amaze me, you guys are innovative as fuck.

>gets completely demolished with facts and truth
>resorts to shit post about shepherd pie

proud of you suntar bint kuntar

You didn't demolish anything, you just kept throwing shit about north africa. You say it was brought by Libyan Jews, but aren't Libyans arab? and that doesn't mean the Libyan Jews invented it.

You didn't prove shit you moron.

What is?

You kept insisting that it's Arab food when i proved to you that it isn't. Also, no, real libyans aren't arabs. Libya consisted of many different peoples that lived together such as Berbers, copts, north african greeks, Byzantines, Jews etc etc until the Arabs came and killed off almost all of the indigenous people and stole their culture. The only remaining real Libyans are Libyan Jews and Berbers who still eat Libyan and other north african foods. You get all worked up when you see Israeli Libyans ( who were expelled from their ancestral homelands a few decades ago by foreign Arab invaders) Yet say nothing when you see Arabs eating north african food that Arabs stole.

It's not jewish food, at least call it levantine food.

Levantine is different from North African.
And middle eastern Jews are pretty much the only indigenous levantine people there are left . Phoenicians are pretty much extinct thanks to the Arabs killing them off and breeding with their women. I'd consider Copts to be Levantine if they weren't in Africa.

Not the user you're responding to but the food traditions that dominate this region are Levantine, regardless of who is doing the cooking.

Why the fuck do you shift the discussion from "it's not jewish food" to "look at all these ayrabs invading /pillaging people"? Why the fuck does that matter in a fucking cooking thread?

Wanna discuss politics? Fine. It's sad how Israel was formed because the british allowed a bunch of europeans who had a connection to the land from like, what, 1000 years ago and they kicked the actual natives out.

There. Now fuck off

Not Shakshouka, that's more of a Libyan/ Tunisian dish. Hummus , Shawarma, Lebaneh, Falafel etc etc yes is Levantine.

>Palestinians native
try again.
youtu.be/mTmVp1M64Wc?t=28
>Europeans
Try again
Most Israelis are of Middle eastern origin and come from all around the middle east to Israel since when the British gave the Arabs freedom from the ottomans the Arabs proceeded to destroy everything the Ottomans build, allied with the Nazis and persecuted minorities throughout the region and forced 1 million Jews from their ancestral homelands in Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, Egypt etc etc and then proceeded to spread lies to uneducated fools such as yourself that levantine and north african food and culture is purely Arab. I as a history buff wont have any of it.

I add 1/2 tsp of brown sugar to my tomato base, before I add the eggs. As long as you keep the sugar to only a pinch, it adds a pleasant dimension to the dish.

btw Israel has the historical claim to the land. We were there ~4000 years ago. Deal with it stormfags.

do you make your own tomato base or buy it.
last 4 months I'm using cocoanut palm sugar, it has interesting flavor.

A beautifully braided CHALLAH

Sure you can buy your Shabbat challah at the supermarket, but you can also make this delicious egg bread yourself at home,
if you leave yourself 3–4 hours to do it.
The perfect challah is crispy and golden on the outside and fluffy on the inside.
You can make it with a bread machine (see recipe #5) or without one,
you can add raisins or even chocolate chips. But whatever you do: Make extra.
Challah freezes really well and also makes for some delicious Saturday morning French toast.

Best challah (egg bread) recipe:
buzzfeed.com/deenashanker/make-bubbe-proud?utm_term=.tkND45LB0#.fxja8Y7qK

Using bread machine (see recipe #5):
5. Challah from Deena Shanker’s Big Sister.
buzzfeed.com/rachelysanders/the-official-buzzfeed-cookbook?utm_term=.euQ4m1Aqw2#.joOag6Rx0d

My sister She’s the wife of a rabbi, so she ~obviously~ makes her own challah. These challahs can be made super quickly, with minimal work, and the best part?
You can make four, use two this Shabbos, and save the other two in the freezer for next week. Genius.--Deena Shanker.

Elisa Shanker Huff’s Easy Bread Machine Challah
INGREDIENTS:
5 eggs, separated
1 1/2 cups of warm water
1/3 cup oil
1/2 cup and 2 tablespoons of sugar
1 -1/8 tsp salt
5 cups of flour
2 tablespoons of yeast

PREPARATION:
Add egg yolks to the bread machine, followed by the warm water, oil, sugar, salt, and flour. (Save egg whites to baste challah before you bake it.)
Stick your index finger to make hole in middle of flour at the end and add yeast to the hole.
Put on dough setting in bread machine. Once done you can let rise for 1/2 hour if you have time; if not it’s fine.
Braid challah and brush the egg white on top. (My kids like to stuff chocolate chips in challah strands when braiding or add rainbow sprinkles to the top.)
Bake at 350 for around 1/2 hour. Don’t overcook! Freezes amazingly!

Challah from Deena Shanker’s Big Sister

too eassyyyy to demolish their arguments isn't it

I'm noting all these recipes, and then making my own version where I add in bacon to every single one of them.

See: i.4cdn.org/ck/1487788578095.jpg

I don't think there is a set recipe for 'shuka. You simply use what herbs and spices are in your kitchen at the time...

Haha epic ftw /b/ro

Pretty sure this is just Turkish Menemen...

What the fuck I'm scrolling through this thread and I eat these things on a daily basis except the arab dishes, but I thought it was hungarian food all along. I also call them their hungraian name. There's a clear overlap here. Whats the deal? Who was the one borroeing recipes?

>inb4 le jews steal meme
>inb4 all hungarian mongolids eat is horse meat meme

Those dishes were developed by Hungarian Jews.You should give them proper credit from now on.