Is possible to do a major in 3 years?

Is possible to do a major in 3 years?

Other urls found in this thread:

stevepavlina.com/blog/2005/12/graduating-college-in-3-semesters/
eisc.correounivalle.edu.co/home/ingenieriasistemasEISC
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why rush?
The best time of your life will be spent in uni, drag it out to five years if you can. Then go to grad school, stay in schools as long as possible OP

>undergrad best years
Lol no

Remember in high school when everyone was saying "omg I can't wait to study exactly what I want to all the time!". Oh, hello core curriculum, hello electives, hello more kissing ass to get into the next school (med school, law school, grad school, etc)

I'm a grad student and I've never had more fun. I'm financially independent, get to live in California, get to actually study only my subject area and nothing else, and get to flaunt my superiority whenever possible.

;)

pick some major like sociology or math b.a. with very few major reqs and fill the rest with the easiest classes you can and take 20 unit semesters every semester and it wouldn't even be hard. This is of course only one of many ways to do it.

However, if you can't figure this out on your own you probably shouldn't be thinking about graduating in three years. No reason to do this unless there is financial pressure anyway.

Because I want to study four majors, fagots.

>Because I want to study four majors, fagots.

A double major is already enough of a dumb decision. Quadruple major is simply retarded.

how the fuck are you financially independent?

You can definitely do a major in 3 years just don't fuck around with non-major courses. Take as many courses towards your major as you can each semester and you are literally supposed to be able to do it in 3 years at *most* places.

Source: am junior who finished CS major at target school in 2 and a half years.

easy if you plan correctly and take courses in the winter and summer

In the UK we're usually awarded with bachelors degree in three years and the quality of the degree is usually the same so i'm guessing the content is too.

A few questions can give you a better idea.

What major is it?
How "big" is the university?
Are you a brainlet?
Do you have a lot of money?

The last two questions are the most important on average. If you can handle high course loads, even through the summer financially and mentally, then most majors can be accomplished within 3 normal years. Also, CLEP. You would need to take clep exams in all the available subject areas for core curriculum bullshit. This also costs money and time studying.

If you can afford full semesters through the summer, and you don't mentally exhaust yourself, then the next question is what the major is?

STEM majors will be harder to do this with, because a lot of the course work is procedural, meaning you have a prerequisite track that many professors will not allow you to skip ahead on. Some things, like EE, would be near impossible to skip, as accredited schools have to abide by national standards. A degree in biology on the other hand could be accomplished in 3 years, assuming you took AP tests to score out the freshman courses.

The next issue would be how big the school is. If you pick a school in no-wheres-ville for your major, it could be quite difficult, as the amount of faculty available for teaching the courses you need each semester would be much lower, and create scheduling issues. My school only teaches analysis every other fall semester. So if you came in the wrong year, and you had other shit, you'd be fucked.
>tl;Dr yeah its possible, and plenty of people do it, but you have to have a hsit ton of resources and a little bit of luck

He probably gets paid the usual academia wage of minimum wage+. That should be enough if all he does is feed off free/discounted university food, live in free/cheap university housing and use the university's interet and if he doesn't have a girlfriend which is pretty much guaranteed.

Well that's going to be a pathetic life to live at late 20s-30s.

>Are you a brainlet?
doesn't matter.

easy classes are easy to pass because they're easy, hard classes are easy to pass because there's a huge curve on exams. as a TA, i've seen people in upper level engineering courses that shouldn't have been admitted into college, but they got to that point and i'm sure they managed to graduate.

i remember in the core physics courses the averages were around 40%. you just scribble some shit and you immediately have a C. it's all a matter of time management so that you can complete and submit the course material on time.

he said he's in california. everything there is expensive as fuck and the stipend isn't much higher.

it is. a phd is pissing away the best years of your live (early to mid/late 20s) to be a slave. at least med school is 4 years flat so you don't risk becoming a 6+ year phd student, and you're virtually guaranteed a job afterwards.

I don't know, I personally think al of that is pretty okay except for the no gf part. I mean, how much money does someone living at a university have to Ipend monthly? Probably not too much. If you add a gf into the equation then that just means a monthly box of condoms (if your pull out game is weak), a bimonthly fancy dinner and a bimonthly visit to the movies. You can probably afford all that. I heard postdocs make like 40k.

>I heard postdocs make like 40k.
you realize to get to that point you're looking at a minimum 8 years of college? at least 8 years of college to make less than a trucker can make first year out of high school.

even though the pay is shit regardless of how you look at it, in a small college town in the middle of nowhere you can still make do. if you're in california or new york you'd pretty much be living in poverty and forced to have a roommate.

>Remember in high school when everyone was saying "omg I can't wait to study exactly what I want to all the time!".
I remember. And then it was all true.

Feels good living in a country where university isn't "the education formerly known as high school".

>everything there is expensive as fuck and the stipend isn't much higher.

But don't university cafeterias give free subsidized food? At the cafeteria of my faculty you only need to pay 50 cents for an entire meal which probably costs about 3 to 5 dollars to make. We also get free health insurance.

>Quadruple major is simply retarded.
he in the right place, though

at my school phd students get a tuition waiver, but we still have to pay fees (including insurance) that comes out to 1k per semester. the cafeteria is a buffet that costs 8 bucks from what my lab mate told me.

>the cafeteria is a buffet that costs 8 bucks

8 bucks is bad you can play the system. Here is the trick: Don't eat breakfast. Also don't eat lunch at the usual time. Then go to the buffet a 1 PM and eat like a monster. Eat for at least 2 to 3 hours. Bring in something to read or to play so that you can entertain yourself when you rest from the food. Then try to sneak out some shit to have for dinner.

i don't eat at the cafeteria. i eat breakfast in the morning before coming to the lab and then dinner when i'm at home.

Then you are wasting money. Switch to my system.

Pro tip: Find things in the lab that are edible or easy to sell. Steal them.

>get to live in California

OP here.
Dumbfuck faggots who wishes to be mediocre.
My university is a public one and it cost me 100 bucks per semester because I'm taco, not living in the califate of burgers.
I have some dreams doing art but I need four majors to achieve them.
My dream is related to being a genius so I'm not concerned about the average mediocre life you guys dream about.

In Germany almost every Bachelor is made for 3 semester. You gotta take 30 credits for that.

Other than that, maybe give stevepavlina.com/blog/2005/12/graduating-college-in-3-semesters/ a read.

>In Germany almost every Bachelor is made for 3 semester.

Meant 6.

Hello. My name is Simon.

Yes. It is. Would you like me to sub-list all the other things possible to be achieved within a span of 3 years, given your parameters?

eisc.correounivalle.edu.co/home/ingenieriasistemasEISC
This is my university curriculum.

Yes, yes it is!

I'm not going to question your reasons for doing so, that's personal and up to you.

Hello. My name is Simon.

May I sponsor/gift/provide/work for you?

i realize that being a mexicant means your cognitive abilities are limited, but having 4 bachelors degrees is literally retarded. it is a huge time commitment, it makes you look undecided, and when you try to hide what you did on your resume you'll have a huge employment gap.

I'm an outskirts retard.
I'm 130 IQ, even if IQ is a meme.
I dream of being an artist.
I have a little sort of autismbucks for live, so I could survive without a job.
So, I have this life opportunity to become a genius.
Why not?
Why do I want a big job if we're all going to die in the end.
Isn't much better to be a spark than a mediocre average life?

Outsider *

Dude, don't do it.
Now the serious answer.
University is not for pure learning. University is to get a job.
Any employer who sees your 4 majors will not consider you as an specialized individual. As such, they will go with the guy who studied one major and knows more about it.

This

I'm not looking to get a job.
I cant get a job because I'm schizo.

a genius certainly wouldn't need 12-16 years of undergrad to learn things -- after a few years (at the most) they would realize that with self motivation there are far better ways to foster creativity, art, and knowledge.

Yeah, but college is like a gym.
I'm improving at very slow speed.
Much better if I have college teachers to help me.

I can disseminate my source code and give you the answer you obviously seek.

Hello. My name is Simon.

Epic matrix reference dude.
LMAO fag.

I went to college late, started at 24 after a 6 year stint in the Navy. I loved the college experience and the party atmosphere (went to ASU)

Anyways, I'm in a grad program now - spanning over 4 years with several summers as summer months are spent taking national STEP exams

There are students at my university that did their bachelors at 3 years, and are currently enrolled in a 3 year grad program (condensed). These are the people that I believe are so driven to enter the workforce and begin a career at a young age that don't want to slow it down, have fun, and (incorporating a Ferris Bueller reference) have no interest in looking around- taking life's experiences in- and enjoying the moment.

tl;dr there will be plenty of time to focus on your career, but there is only a limited time to enjoy your youth... have fun... and experience memories that will be with you for a life time

Depends on where you go and class availability.

But i went to a private college and nearly every single year there are 2-3 people graduating either math or physics in 3 years.

The workload is relatively low for a single major after all, no matter the subject.

Less than that,

California is still great as long as you are hispanic.

what the fuck are you even saying, dipshit? that you need to do 4 bachelors to prove that you're a genius, or that you're a genius so you want to do 4 bachelors?

bachelor degrees mean shit. at this point it's barely more than a 4 year extension of high school. in that time you could do a bachelors and a phd. people would be far more impressed with that than some fuckwad that worked on bachelors degrees up until his 30s.

it's pretty obvious you're retarded, though.

>boasting about being an academia cuck

LMAO

18 credits / full sem + 6 credits/ summer

knew a guy at Uni who got his degree in Biology in 2½ years, beginning with college credit in HS and taking summer courses

>financially independent in cali during grad school
Must not be at one of the good schools, kek

Did pre-med in three so yes.

Yes

Could you handle a 4 year degree in one year?

This do your degree here

Yeah, my gf did it because she didn't like the school and wanted to finish as soon as possible.

That is your problem.
Eventually, you will need it.
And an employer is probably not going to hire a 30 year old with 4 majors and no experience.