Are pancakes the worst food ever?

Are pancakes the worst food ever?
>take them off the griddle
>cold within ten seconds

That's why you keep them in a preheated oven. At least if you can't serve them right away.

eat them faster cuckboi

That's crepes, you fuck. I don't know what kind of pancakes you make.

>love american style pancakes
>live in uk and only people here make the shitty crepes

Just add a shitload off baking soda m8. Recipe is mostly the same.

I do, but if I ever go out somewhere and order them, they are always the shit kind.

Flour, even whole, is a third rate ingredient. I usually don't it because I have better stuff.

Veeky Forums please go and stay go

they're an expensive item, quit paying for others to make them

(You)

it's because they're flat and you're putting them on a cold plate.

you could buy a plate warmer but they're not a great investment unless you use them a lot. you could do like says, or put the plates in the oven on low, or put both pancakes and plates in. sometimes if I'm cooking something non-splattery on a different burner, I'll just put the plate(s) on top of that pan and let the cooking heat warm them up. there are a lot of easy ways to warm up a plate, just make sure you expose it to indirect heat, don't put it directly on a burner or something.

Fuck pancakes, make superior Poffertjes instead!

Some dishwashers you can turn the knob to the heated dry cycle. Others have a dedicated plate warmer setting.

Dishwashers aren't made with knobs anymore. It's cheaper and more reliable to just have membrane buttons and electronics.

nope

Don't want to make a thread just for this question, but can you make potato pancakes with bread flour? its all have atm

That's why you make waffles

Just make them
It's literally a basic recipe

This.
Grain free pancakes are fucking awesome. The flavor is so much better.
I'm not a gluten free fuck or a ceiliac, but I fucking love the flavor and texture of grain free pancakes.

Eggs
>undercooked by 1 second leaves it watery
>overcooked by 1 second leaves it dry
>turns into dry ice the nanosecond you turn off the heat

Pancakes are soggy gross shit, give me a nice crispy waffle for fucks sake

Pancakes are pretty terrible. They're a required stepping stone to learn how to create master race waffles and crepes though.

Those are OK. I have a pan that has several little places for batter to make those, and if I make them they're usually going to have some kind of filling like a jam or something.

crepes are superior I don't know why you are complaining
pumpkin pancakes are bretty good though

>basic bitch pancakes

My basic bitch recipe m8:

150g of plain flour
3 table spoons of icing sugar
1 heaped tea spoon of baking powder
1/2 tea spoon of salt.

Mix that shit in a big bowl, don't even bother sifting.

150ml of Milk
1 egg

Beat the milk and egg together until totally mixed.

Melt two table spoons of butter in the microwave.

Pour milk/egg mixture onto your dry ingredients, then pour melted butter on that. FOLD. DO NOT STIR. FOLD the batter as little as you can, until it is JUST mixed. Do not over stir/mix/fold it. It should be kinda lumpy.

Heat a 8-11 inch pan, get it hot, do not put oil or butter or anything in it, leave it dry. If you have shit pans... well.. that's your fault, guess you'll have to use some fat.

Before it gets too hot, use a tea spoon. 3-4 dollops of batter right in the center, one ontop of the other, usually makes a great pancake. Turn the heat down immediately.
Wait until you see a couple of bubbles forming, use a pallet knife or spatula to lift the edge, if it is golden brown, flip it, if not, turn the heat up untill it is golden brown.

Rinse repeat. EASY AS FUCK LAD. Impresses everyone I know who don't usually have access to american pancakes. My two best mates are getting their GF's round on pancake day to mine because they are hopeless cunts and need to look like they have some affiliation with cooking.

I usually slather a 3-4 stack of pancakes in butter, golden syrup and nutella. Fat as fuck m8.

>just make them!
Some people don't have all fucking day to decipher recipes online, drive 3 hours to get the fucking groceries and come home and slave in a fucking kitchen for 2 hours making the goddamned things. I fucking hate when people say this.

>t. NEET

Use a table spoon to dollop the mixture in the pan*

I've had pancakes for breakfast when I needed to leave in 20 minutes, and I did leave on time. Pancakes are simple and quick. I don't eat them anymore because white flour is not good for my anxiety.

>they're an expensive item
What?

(You)

>stir shit together
>stir other shit together
>combine the two
>pour onto hot griddle
so laborious and time consuming.

>because white flour is not good for my anxiety.
wat

Maybe if you didn't spend all day shitposting you'd have the time

Hypochondriac celiac.

Do pancakes offer any sort of nutritional value...?

They have calories.

>tiny beers
>tiny pancakes
Why are Dutch so obsessed with tiny food?

(You) are retarded

Ha ha, fuck you sassenach.

Depends on what you make them out of. Plain jane white flour pancakes don't have much nutrition beyond carbs and the protein from the eggs and milk, and whatever nutrients those provide. But there's many ways to make your pancakes more nutritious.

>this whole fucking intricate recipe

leave it to a fucking britbong

this is all you need
>some flour
>an egg or two
>like a cup of milk
>little salt shuga, and baking powder
>little melted butter

throw all that shit in a bowl and mix it then put it on a griddle

t. American

There's way more protein in the flour than the other ingredients.

I know I'm falling for the bait but there is literally instant pancake mix.

Either way, plain pancakes aren't very nutritious.

recipe I used back when I ate garbage regularly:

1 c. all-purpose flour
1 Tbs. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
¾ c. water
3 Tbs. maple syrup, plus extra for serving
8 oz. fresh or frozen blueberries (optional)
Canola oil

Æbleskiver are superior
Fuck your dutch shit

use heated plates and heated syrup, you mongoloid.

I care about my family's health, so I buy Log Cabin with no high fructose corn syrup :-)

>nutella on pancakes
stupid as fuck

they want to make their dicks look bigger

nigga it's pancakes
not a fucking soufflé

>tfw can afford maple syrup but prefer Aunt Jemima's on my pancakes

The British pancakes are basically crepes but I've had some damn good ones there. There's some chain that does a chilli con carne one and their dessert pancakes were delicious. It certainly met my American standards.

>tfw i like to put a little extra oil to give the pancakes a nice crispy edge
am i the only one does this?

For less time and effort you could have french toast. Compared to other griddle cakes I think they're about par.