Why are 'poor college students' obsessed with Ramen when this is the superior packed noodles?

Why are 'poor college students' obsessed with Ramen when this is the superior packed noodles?

How soon before Redditors discover this and turn it into the next Nutella?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/WG2dLLIZK3Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Mi Goreng is a bit more expensive

because they can get 6 packs of ramen for a dollar

>be op
>I found something I like! le epic maymay

Where to buy mi gorang? I've never seen it

Soba is the true noodle dish.

mi goreng is actually really bad for you, so you can't eat it in the same quantity as instant ramen.

asian markets

I dont understand ramen. pre-maded ramen is awful. too salty, artificial crap. people are THAT broke in usa?

those instant sauced noodles tend to be really dry, salty, and kinda taste like shit. actual ramen is a lot milder with a distinct umami, everyone can enjoy it and it's not overpowering.

it tastes good and has a good texture for what is only $0.30-1. I've had real ramen and really it's nothing special, tastes like sour spaghetti in broth.

but that is ramen, just because its spic doesn't make it any less true.

>I dont understand ramen. pre-maded ramen is awful. too salty, artificial crap. people are THAT broke in usa?
Just use less than the full flavor packet, saltophobe.

>spic
are you retarded?

The hot and spicy flavor is the best. It's worth the extra few cents over ramen

Maybe they say "ramen" when they mean "instant noodles". Like people using "coke" for "soda".

How is mi goreng not instant ramen?

WEGMANS

They spicy flavor makes it so you can't taste how terrible it really is

Wait....Americans count this as ramen? I always assumed ramen had a broth.

Isn't Mi Goreng Yakisoba?

i love msg

You realize college students aren't literally all eating ramen all the time, right? Ramen is a metaphor for how "poor" college students used to eat dirt cheap food that could be made in minutes, often without a proper kitchen. The truth is they are for the most part eating cafeteria food, take out, and going out to eat. Unless they have their own apartment, then they will probably do some home cooking in addition to the take out and shit.

Modern colleges don't allow stovetops in their dorms and force on-campus students to purchase a meal plan which translates to "cafeteria credit" at the school cafeteria, also, they take 25% of your money as a service fee, so $2000 for a semester's food means you get $1500 to spend.

Mi goreng is Indonesian, translates directly to fried noodles. It's designed to mimic what typical street hawker fried noodles taste like

It's fucking awful for you

but fuck is it good, that brown sludge shit is so tasty

As tasty as they are, I don't think it would ever make Nutella. It's just not fatty enough.

love this shit. only tried like 5 of the flavors but the original one is the only good one. also the only place ive found them in ontario is a Dutch store in suburban bumfuck nowhere.

Fuck off 'straya, mi goreng is shit tier.

Indonesian here, haven't touch that shit for long time since the quality has been decreased a lot.
They also sell the shit tier product that have lots of chemical pumped in domestic market while exporting the better ones.

?Modern colleges don't allow stovetops in their dorms and force on-campus students to purchase a meal plan
That sounds like an absolute racket. Is it worth it with the credits you get at least? Is there a good selection so you don't have to eat greasy shit all the time? And is the greasy shit like pizza and burgers good?

I don't understand why you people continue to go to college in the US. Unless you get a free ride in a top university just go study abroad.

The whole cucky shared rooms with no kitchen shit is so very burger. I don't understand how you guys can be at the same time be so proud of your large homes and then pull this kinda silly shit in college.

...you can make pretty decent meals from instant ramen, don't have to cook it in the directions suggested on the packet. hell, you don't even need the soup packet if you're gonna be a faggot and bitch about "...hur dur...msg and sodium"
>lack of imagination and critical thinking

classic mi goreng with eggs is pretty good

do they have rendang and soto (fried) flavour in burgerland

this is too accurate. im glad someone finally pointed that out. dorm life in college is literally shit

We ain't got the money for college in America, let alone going out of country. I never lived on campus, I had an off-campus 1 bedroom with full kitchen apartment to myself the whole time. And it really wasn't that much more expensive than living on campus. Well worth the privacy.

This is a much better way to go. I hate the roommate requirement. In my area having my own place is much cheaper than living on campus. Plus I value my privacy more than the dumb "college experience" that comes with living on campus.

Who else /uploadfailed/ here?

Get on my level, goobers.

Here's my secret """""""instant""""""" ramen recipe (works best with Thai instant ramen):

> take ramen brick and packaged ingredients out of bag
> boil water
> throw ramen brick into water until it's """"cooked""""
> drain the """""cooked ramen"""""
> put vegetable oil in a pan
> mix it with the packaged ingredients
> put it over the stove, set to highest
> stir for 7 seconds
> throw """"""cooked"""""" ramen into the pan
> stir and mix until it's thoroughly colored
> ** optional - crack 1-2 eggs into the pan **
> QUICK -- pour Sriracha sauce + SWEET soy sauce into the pan
> throw in cooked choice of sliced meat; this is the tierlist in ascending order: pork, chicken, steak
> enjoy with a bowl of rice on the side
> ** optional - add cilantro, green onions and half of a squeezed lime (but recommended) **

>$1+ a pack
>Usually hard to find

Not that hard to figure out

Selection is mediocre but not greasy food.
Typical sodexo fare is really rare meat and everything else is bland and dry because no seasoning and cooking food as fast as possible. Their rice is the worst

>>$1+ a pack
You're getting ripped off.
>>Usually hard to find
Does Walmart not carry these in flyover country?

>0.69 of a freedom unit

They cost about 0.4 of a freedom unit here

>You realize college students aren't literally all eating ramen all the time, right?

there was a japanese international student last semester who was staying at the uni over winter break. her closet was literally packed with instant ram cups. there's no kitchens on campus and the dining halls are closed.

pssst

hey kid

wanna hear a secret

you see that noodle dish in the fancy restaurant you like?

it's actually instant noodles

they just add their own sauce which is a bit different from the attached sauce

don't tell anyone, keep it a secret!

Come to Indonesia lads we have fucktons of Indomie here

How's the pussy? Do they love BWC?

Will they bandung mi kocok?

Wait, you guys are just memeing about mi goreng being more bad for you than regular ramen right? I eat 2 packs at a time about 3 times a week. Am I going to die?

Look at it this way

everyone dies

>Not appreciating the truly best meme ramen

My literal heaven. How much did all of that cost you?

Forty eight dollars.

>I've had real ramen and really it's nothing special, tastes like sour spaghetti in broth.

I discovered that brand when I was at Cub and looking at ramen and some black chick came up and was like "yooo try this it's the shit!" and I did and I only regret not being able to thank that woman.

That was probably me. You're welcome.

Not a big ramen fan myself, but there's a whole shelf of it at any grocery store, convenience store, drug store, and pretty much any place that sells food, but I've never seen the shit you've posted before and have no idea where I'd get it.

There aren't any Walmarts around here (because I'm not in a flyover region), and I'm not driving an hour each way to get some shitty ramen they might not even have that'll probably taste exactly the same as the normal stuff.

>instant ramen
>not bad for you

OK OK OK

My campus has Aramark instead of sodexo and we get sushi and assorted curries every day. Also has Mongolian grill etc. It's not bad at all.

How the fuck are you supposed to get the sauces out without making a huge mess?
Why not just fucking put each sauce in it's own packet?
fuck

cut the sauce packet into 3 separate parts dummy

$0.48 per pack here at my local small grocery chain which has a big asian food section for all the Hmong in town. I usually buy at least 30 at a time.
Walmart here in California doesn't carry them. Mama is the only exotic/foreign ramen they have.

Cut along the top with scissors and squeeze. It's not that difficult unless you're autistic

I get this or similar at said small grocery chain. Great on top of Mi Goreng.

And I get this at the 99c Only store here in town. I chop it up into little pieces with scissors. This, the fried onion, a pinch of bulk curry powder from Winco, and some finely ground thai chilis from the same small grocery chain transform simple Mi Goreng into something amazing.

God, I hope not, Indonesian noodles are God tier, I'm gonna be pissed if they become a foodie trend and I stop eating them out of irritation.

Does anyone else like to cook instant noodles in water and then fry them to make them crispy?

There are emergency times when you have to survive on less than 20 dollars a month. Ramen still isn't the best choice for cheap food but it's an option.

I fucking hate white people

I hate it when you're 13% of the population but commit 52% of the homicides

>colt 45
>white
that's a nigger drink

k nigger

I hate it when 64% of the country is 5x more likely to commit mass murder than any other race

FORTY EIGHT DOLLARS FOR HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE

ABSOLUTE DEVILISH MAD MAN

M A D M A N

>sliced pepperoni
>nigger

that's a whitey food

you dun came to the wrong neighborhood nigger. get the rope, cletus

I hate it when people believe the lies the (((mainstream media))) feeds them

>be nigger
>Go to grocery store
>See sliced pepperoni
>confused
>Go home to all my unsliced pepperoni
>Eat an entire log of pepporini
>Bang popparonny all over the counter trying to make slices
>Try Boiling pupperino to make the slices slide out
>Get Phone call from OP
>Offers me $500 to bang his GF in front of him
>Still no slices

>hurr durr I don't know how to argue a point so I'll just parrot what plebbit says

Enjoy being bred out of existence. Your race's time on earth is coming to an end and it's because of fat no life betas like you.

>Is it worth it with the credits you get at least?

option of
>cafeteria/all you can eat buffet
>$6-7 credit towards a sandwich or something
Still a racket, but at least the kids are getting fed

People are too lazy to buy noodles and soup flavoring separately.. ( and it's cheaper than ramen )

>eat ramen
>high blood pressure
>diarrhea
>no nutrition
>bad for kidneys
>chemical flavoring

>captcha was of authentic ramen soup, kek

Lol everyone except the 1% is going to be genocided jamal and they are all white

America really is the land of the cucks.

I have two 6 packs of those in my pantry they're pretty good

They don't come in 6 packs, fuckknuckle

Here in Hong Kong restaurants actually advertise which brand of instant noodle they're using. I've seen well-regarded noodle shops/stands open the packets right in front of the customers and nobody bats an eye. Coming from the States it confused me at first, though I've gotten used to it. I'm still not happy about my illusion of restaurants only using handcrafted, bespoke noodles being so brutally destroyed, though.

>literally a photo in this thread of a guy with boxes of six packs

It's shooped

youtu.be/WG2dLLIZK3Y

Lime/beef is the best flavor

Also, there is no picture in this thread of anyone with a 6 pack

Oh buds, at least pick a crappy story and stick with it.

That picture you are looking at?

It's a 5 pack you smug autist

So you don't think it's shopped anymore? Btw, those boxes have six packs in them each.

Oh you son of a bitch. You fucker you.

I want you to go to a high place. Go to the highest place you can and when you get there I want you to build a fire.

Build the largest fire that you can in that highest place.

And then die in that fire.

This is a box

This has 40

Forty packs, yeah

The number 6 appears nowhere in the Indomie packaging system.

There are no 6 packs of Indomie noodles.

Ergo you were wrong and I was right and that is the BEST and most rewarding feeling that the internet has to offer.

I try not eat Mi Goreng. But it just tastes soo good 280 calorie goodness.

Always need 2 packs

Millennials can't cook

neither can marketing buzzwords

Does it not taste really bad though?

If not, what do you get?

they are available in fivepacks in the netherlands will see if I can post a pic when I get home from work