What's the trick for perfectly visualizing electromagnetism in all situations?

What's the trick for perfectly visualizing electromagnetism in all situations?

understand maxwell's equations
this implies understanding analysis (or at least calculus)

I have the math under my belt but some things not clicking

then understand the relativistic approach, because it is a relativistic theory. you need to understand the lorentz transformation and the forces and the way to maxwell equations.

also try to understand lenz rule.

Right hand rule.

Really good FEA software.

Dabs

Just visualize the curvature of a connection on a U(1)-Torsor over 4d Lorentzian manifold.

Literally this

All good suggestions, thanks everyone.

What's your favorite FEA engine for E&M?

I haven't used one, but have seen results online. Don't remember their names tho.

Link?

Ansys

Fantastic, I'm already learning ansys for stress amd thermo... do you have any advice about starting with E&M, or about learning Ansys in general?

> do you have any advice about starting with E&M
Start with E&M
Anyways, it doesn't really matter what kind of FEM analysis package you use. Esentially you got to know theory pretty well and all the pitfalls you can encounter with careless analysis.
There are lots of tutorials. Usually when you have a problem to solve you'll prowl forums and read documentation.

>prowl forums and read documentation
Yes, thats the plan. I'm just always looking for general opinions and specific preferences when it comes to software... But I don't really have many choices anyway, I started with ansys because they offer a free student license. I haven't looked into the E&M yet, only stress and thermo.

Pardon my bump

Knowing how to use software to calculate it for you

If you really can visualize the Curl in Maxwells Equations you truly need a holiday.

I just perfectly visualize grand unified force interactions and take the limit where electromagnetism decouples from the rest

yeah ? i visualize my dick at the moment.

That seems like overkill

the problem is, if you don't take an perfectly symmetric example you get very ugly solutions,
e.g. elliptic integrals for the outside of a ring

How do you solve this problem?