Why is zucchini pasta so perfect?

Why is zucchini pasta so perfect?
500 calories of normal pasta is just about 68 of zucchini.

That looks good. Nice for summer time.

>500 calories of normal pasta is just about 68 of zucchini.

Ok but I eat food to not be hungry anymore

So eat more fucking vegetables then.
Vegetables -> fiber -> feeling full -> not being hungry.
Satiety and calories have nothing in common.

You have to eat a fucking shit ton of vegetables to feel the same amount of fullness as eating a pasta.

But all you have to do is just eat a shit ton of zucchini to resolve that q

That actually looks great. How you you cook it? What sauces or flavorings do you use?

Cooking it is very simple. Tbsp of oil in a pan, cook it up for one to two minutes. Add about a cup of water and cover it with a lid for another 6-8 minutes, salt and pepper, then call it done. Whatever variety of sauce you use for normal pasta you can use for zucchini pasta.

I'm not fat and I'm not trying to lose weight. Although it is good, I would prefer regular pasta.

Is being fat or trying to lose weight a requirement for eating something delicious and healthy?

Normal people that do physical activities need food with calories. They don't have time to sit around for 10 hours and eat vegetable alternatives to normal things.

>10 hours
Dumb fucking hyperbole doesn't convince anybody and makes you look stupid.

>vegetable alternatives to normal things
>somehow vegetables aren't normal

Lol do you hear yourself when you type dumb shit like that?

If I want pasta I will eat pasta.

If I want zucchini I will eat zucchini.

Why try to meme the two together?

I like the idea of zoodles, but it doesn't use a whole lot of the zucchini from what I've seen. Seems wasteful.

Zucchini is gross though

So's your attitude. Zucchini is comfy.

It's nasty, my man. Definitely don't want it as a pasta substitute.

it's perfect except for 2 things
>it is not pasta
>you are eating zucchini
and not in the sense of "eww zucchini don't make me eat it mommy" but just in the sense that it's just kind of an overrated vegetable. everybody I know who gardens gets inundated with zucchini every fall and you just get tired of it real fast. not really enthused about the idea of eating it as a pasta substitute too.

well you do have a point. I mean, both pasta and vegetables only keep you full for like 5 fucking minutes.

Bet its real comfy for you when its up your ass, faggot

Rude.

Can I just buy bran then?
Bran with low-fat yogurth isn't so bad after a while
And it's like 50 calories a bowl

How do you salt and pepper with the lid still on?

It uses about 90% of the zook. Using a spiralizer, you're only left with a bit of the core maybe a cm wide, and a cap on one end maybe an inch long.

You sound mentally retarded.

Honestly I really want to try it. Then maybe try a zuchini with spaghetti pasta combination, or maybe bowties. Throw in some tomatoes, possibly fresh mozzarella in there too. Get a nice creamy parmasean sauce. I really hope it tastes as good as it looks.

The plus with a zucchini pasta is that zucchini is primarily water. During the 'frying' process where you cook it in an oiled pan for a bit, the water evaporates. If you mix in something like stock, it will take on that flavor much like normal pasta does when you boil it in stock. You'll still get the subtle vegetable flavor, but it becomes way more savory making it feel like an actual pasta dish.

Just don't overcook it. When you do it becomes soggy. Literally a few minutes in the pan, then 5 minutes or less with stock and or water in it.

Zucchini pasta is great, but it is nothing like pasta. It will never satisfy your craving for pasta. It's ridiculous to think of it as pasta. It's just zucchini in an interesting-to-eat shape.

Interestingly enough, there are two components which make an individual crave pasta. The pure carb you get from eating a true pasta, and the acid which derives from the ragu. With a zucchini pasta, you're only sating one of those two cravings provided you use an acid sauce. In a sense, you only feed the craving partially. Until you get over carb cravings, zucchini pasta won't really satisfy you. You'll feel both full and hungry at the same time. That's where willpower comes in and you attempt to consciously recognize that you are a full meal and you don't need any additional carbs to feel satisfied.

I don't have a carb problem, you twatwaffle.

I wasn't implying you do. However, others who may be interested in this type of dish and do have a carb addition may find the information useful. My intention wasn't to personally assault, but generally inform.

Honestly, I would've shit on this whole concept if I hadn't eaten it unknowingly a few years ago.

If you cook it right, zucchini/squash/whatever "pasta" has a remarkably similar texture to real pasta. It's great for people who want comfort food while limiting empty calories. The flavor isn't much, but most real pasta doesn't taste like much of anything either. With a good sauce, zucchini 'pasta' is fantastic.

I'm sure some user wants to disagree with me on that and post about his hand-rolled 00 flour pastas and "il gusto" and you can fuck right off with that. Fresh pasta is essential for things like ravioli or herb-printed pastas, obviously; it's a fucking waste of time otherwise. (Exception: running a quality, high-volume restaurant that serves loads of pasta; making fresh pasta would make sense in that case. The best ramen places make their own noodles, for example.)

Whats the cheapest food processor I can buy that can do this?

Cuisinart dlc 10s is a pretty acceptable entry level FP, it comes with an attachment that will do those shreds

It's nothing amazing but I've had mine for about 10 years and it's still going strong

Vegetables are a normal part of a balanced diet, yes. But substituting vegetables for ordinary staples in a bid to count calories is only normal for women and fat people who want to lose weight.

I quite often eat a plateful of pasta with a variety of vegetables and some sausage, fish, chicken or pancetta, and it's delicious.

That had a massive recall 2 months ago

delayed release salt and pepper tablets