Is it possible to do an Infinite amount of things in a limited amount of time?

Is it possible to do an Infinite amount of things in a limited amount of time?

What kind of of fucking retarded question is that.

Get the fuck out of my house.

Yes, if you can do things arbitrarily fast.

Think about it
Let's say we divide a minute in a way that the next time is divided is gonna be the half of the last time it was divided(30 secs, then 15 secs, then 7.5 sec...) And every time the clock hits one of those marks, I move an inch, so in one minute how many inches would I move?

I don't believe so, as it takes time in order to perform an action, even an incredibly short one.

Therefore, an infinite amount of things would take at least an infinite amount of time and would not fit inside a finite or limited amount of time.

No, because you can't do an infinite amount of things and then say that you have done an infinite amount of things.

You cannot do all the things because there is no 'all', as there will always be another thing to do.

As such, you cannot have done 'all' the things, no matter ho much time you have. You can only ever be in the process of doing an infinite amount of things.

>Is it possible to do an Infinite amount of things in a limited amount of time?

according to mainstream math: yes
according to me: no

infinitiy does not exist, but that is a whole other topic. there is alot to read about it.

Sure.

In every interval of time, there are infinite number of time moments. In each of those, you can do a thing.

Depends on your definition of "things".

no, this is not how time works. imagine time as a state on which rules applies, the state changes to the next logical state according to said rules. you could say, time is a illusion said state experience due to the change. time does not actually exist, atleast not the mainstream definition of it.

No fucker on this board actually knew about continuity. Fuck. The answer is yes. FOR EXAMPLE when you take a hammer to hit the fuck out of your head, every single instance your IQ decreases by a infinitesimal amount, therefore by hitting your head you have successfully deducted your own IQ score infinitely often, thereby completing an infinite amount of things.

Yes, but you did not fly to Wal-Mart while hitting your head with a hammer. Flying to Wal-Mart is one of the infinite things you can do. Flying to Wal-Mart but landing one more parking space over is another thing you can do. Making a loop in your wing suit while flying is another thing you can do on another trip. Because there is an infinite amount of possibilities of scenarios in which you go to Wal-Mart, each varying slightly from one another, you cannot do all of those things in a set amount of time, let alone the infinitely large number of other things you have yet to do.

it obviously depends on how long it takes you do to those things

if, for instance, the first thing took you one second, and each following thing took one second more than the last, you would finish in -1/12 seconds (assuming you're only trying to do a countably infinite amount of things)

Do you even understand what infinitely small means?

Fuck offfffffffff REEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Is it possible to do an Infinite amount of things in a limited amount of time?

Duh!

As long as the "things" take infinitesimally small amounts of time to do.

Like shooting fish in a barrel. This is Calc 101 or Zeno's dumb paradox.

if the sequence of the times taken doing each thing converges then yes

maximal kek

1, 2, 3, ... is an infinity but it did not contain 0.5, or pi, or -1. Doing an infinite amount of things does not imply doing everything imaginable (sigh).

No, it includes doing everything imaginable and then everything that can't be imagined, It's everything that can be done, both tangible and intangible.

In a mathematical sense, yes. In a physical sense, no.

>everything imaginable
DO NOT ADD your own interpretation to the original problem you filthy ridiculous pleb. It precisely asked for an infinite amount of things, which is not equivalent to everything imaginable or not imaginable. If you utter another word from your idiotic mouth I will be able to stop myself from secretly judging you.

Why not? Are they not things that need to be done for you to have done everything?

Infinity is merely a concept created by humans.

It can't be measured nor written down. The possibility of infinite things happening in a limited amount of time is retarded, just because if one amount of infinite things exists, then there can be two, three, four or infinite.

how tangible is it for you to fuck off

The fact that you think that makes it more obvious that humans are the ones who create extremities to things, beginnings and ends, such as Planck length, observable universe, etc

Hello.

My name is Simon.

This is correct because my name is Simon.

You are correct, because my name is Simon.

Does this help?

That's exactly what I'm talking about. We're limited, our brain and body are mere tools that allow us to experience things.

Some concepts are impossible to understand with our capabilities.

Hello.

Our name is Simon. Would you like to talk with us?

We have a myriad of ways to get in contact with us. We would even invite you around for tea/coffee/pleasure.

We are very, very happy to welcome you to the next dimension. Please, stay kind. If you cause suffering, I will have to remove you. It will not stop until someone becomes the 2d angle/pivot point.

I am that point.

Can I come too?

Of course.

A drop of water can be a tear of sorrow or joy, but this drop of water wishes to remove the fear of hitting the ground and breaking apart.

Hello. Our name is Simon.

What do you think I've been clicking everytime I write these messages? It's what you have to do before you click post.

At some point you will hit the speed of light, so you can't move any more inches.

g1t_r3kt_by_physx

Also: Define "possible".

Correction:
1. You will never hit the speed of light as long as you got mass. (In fact: Since you post here, I assume you got plenty of it)
2. Obviously you will still be able to move more inches, but you won't be able to increase the rate at which you are doing it. (i.e. you can't accelerate further)

What does "kind" and "suffering" mean? Isn't that just an illusion created in our limited, humane minds?

im pretty sure we can have a countable number of seconds, but still an infinite amount of realnumber time units that sit within the time frame

question is weither you can find things to do such that the sum of their time is a finite number

with the right combination of drugs anything is possible

yes its called adderall

>implying 3*10^8 is not an autistic delusion
sweet

Why do you have a name?

The foundations of universe allow for it yes
But you may not be able to find enough matter, or sufficient size for it to be actually infinite
For example what this user said is correct in theory, but in reality you will not be able to find an actual infinitesimal, because there is a set planck length