Anyone else started working in a Fast Food restaurant? How is it going for you...

Anyone else started working in a Fast Food restaurant? How is it going for you? I started last month to work at A&W and I haven't gotten any faster. I'm stressing to lose the job.

minimum wage, minimum effort. Don't strive to get better at a job you won't need a reference from.

How much do you make?

I'm interviewing at a restaurant tomorrow where the mains start around $30 and aren't sure what to ask for a starting wage; was thinking if asking if $15 sounds fair. (Also have a pit in my stomach that I won't be able to keep up, but I've worked the line at bigger, less fancy places before.)

minimum wage (10,75 CAN) +tip

It's all repetition, you'll speed up after a few months. Then you'll be able to do your job great while drunk/high like most cooks

>+tip

I got a warning from my manager that IF I don't get good by next week, I'm out and she'll look for someone else.

Damn... That would be embarrassing if you got fired bro.

surprisingly we do get tips. It can add like about sometimes like 20-30$ a week.
I work about 19 hours and the paycheck is every two weeks.

Women managers in fast food are the fucking worst, incompetent as all hell and complete shit at customer service

The fuck? What are your responsibilities? Is your location really busy or what?

I'm trying everything I can, but I'm too lunatic. Like my attention span is terrible. I can only focus on one thing at a time while you need to be able to prepare onion rings, while you also need to make the orders and we have like two deep fryers to make buddy chicken burgers,
Shawinigan, it's a shit hole with no future

sure you do

I'm not sure what you were implying

i bet

Kek. Go back to school; you have zero future in the food industry if you haven't caught on a full month into your first fast food cooking job.

I wasted 7 years in College Shawinigan, I'm not going back.

Since yesterday, I have more and more depressed thoughts

>he spent 7 years worth of taxpayer money to drop out
You're the reason we don't have free higher education in America.

I just kept failing my courses but I persevered. I got all my courses done last session, I'm just waiting for my diploma, but it's given in fall. So I need to wait until next year, that's why I try to look elsewhere.

t. nigger

>minimum wage, minimum effort. Don't strive to get better at a job you won't need a reference from.
This.

>babbys first job
>and babby can't even handle it

you're fucked you know that?

>Shawinigan, it's a shit hole with no future
I'm driving to Quebec City in a couple months from Ottawa. I'll stop by the Shawingan A&W, pick out the Veeky Forums geek, and start messing with you.

>You're the reason we don't have free higher education in America.
>Shawinigan is a city located on the Saint-Maurice River in the Mauricie area in Quebec, Canada.
At least put in a little research first, user...

I think he meant that OP's behaviour is a good reason why "free" higher education doesn't exist in America, i.e.: it is wasted on dumb people (no offense OP, you know what I mean).

>filling out mcdicks application
>3 references needed
what the fuck

Could be.

Say, is anyone else having issues posting images? Keeps failing the upload for me.

Well. From experience nothing makes you do a job quicker than getting fired from your last job for being slow.

Good luck.

This is correct.

Im also stressing losing my fast food job for the same reasons. Got a business tech certificate right after high school so my first few jobs were in offices. But after my last job ended I couldnt find one in business anymore because there were already so many people in it with similar certifications. So now I work two minimum wage jobs that I suck at and barely pay my bills

>should I just an hero?

how retarded do you have to be to stress over a fast food job? unless you live in a busy urban area i guess. but wtf, i've also worked in fast food, five guys specifically. i was better by the first month than people who were there already for months.

My issue is I have a bad memory, extremely bad. I will take someones order, put the ticket up, then when I turn around to cook it, Ive already forgotten what theyve ordered. I sometimes forget to put the timer on. Ive bagged peoples shit wrong and had them return it for their money. Idk why but its like I just cant fucking multi task or remember SHIT. Ive even tried doing those brain exercise tests online and stuff but I still cant remember shit. I know I sound dumb and it makes people think Im dumb but Im not, I just dont know what else to do to get better when im already giving it my all

don't you guys have like one person on the grill, one doing the salad bar, or do you have to do all of those things? and what's wrong with looking at the ticket more than once?

>I sometimes forget to put the timer on
>timer

u wut?

Everyone is expected to be able to do everything and theres nothing wrong with looking more than once except that it makes you slower, at least for me it does because theres been times when Ive been on the other side of the room and forgot what I was supposed to be getting

We fry chicken and seafood and shit you gotta electronic timer on the wall you set whenever you drop something into the oil..

>needing a fucking timer

Holy shit get gudd faget

Were required to use them fuck off

Fucking babbys
You should know after a fucking month how they look when they're done and you should no longer require it, or you could leave that shitty job and be a fry cook at a better restaurant

You should know what it looks like when it's done after a month of working there and be able to fake it it you "forget to set the timer" (which is honestly a stupid extra step).

Where I work everyone is expected to use them, even my manager does..

Probably because you're all fucking retarded

Im not saying youre wrong but theres been times ive done it and they freak out, and theres no faking it because everyone notices if the fucking beep beep doesnt happen

Never in my life have I heard of or seen someone using a timer at a fry station.

Well congratulations youre the better fucking fry cook, feel good about yourself now?

Actually yes, I do because I know how to do a retards job without any actual fucking experience

Idk man this is my first ff job and thats how they do it

Well good for you. I never said the job was hard, because its not, I just have trouble remembering the sequence of things

Well to be fair I've only worked at "real" restaurants; I'm just surprised that timers are a thing when training a fry cook isn't really that difficult, and fast food fried food isn't exactly consistent to begin with.

sounds like you're just retarded OP, i don't what to say. are u getting stoned before the job? this is literally menial work, you can't get much lower than fast food, i guess being a janitor is worse.

See I thought they were used everywhere, all the people I know thatve worked ff say theyve used timers, even just for fries. Maybe its a location thing??

not op, but I do get super fucking stoned before work, think thats the problem?

>this is a serious post

>work at a sandwich shop
>put in minimal effort
>promoted to assistant manager after a month because even minimal effort is somehow better than all the other shit for brains working there
If you cant pick up on shit like this after a fucking week you need to find somewhere else to work

My gf had a new hire who went up to the MOD and said they couldn't work their shift because they were to baked

I know what to do but when Im there I just go blank. Maybe its because Im stoned or because I just dont really care about the job that much because Im stoned.

T-they got fired right?

Nah, the dipshit Korean just took him off the schedule for a week, he's a complete fuck that lets teenagers walk all over him but is abusive to women

you guys are retards if you can't function high. i would go work at five guys lit all the time and it made it way more enjoyable and i was probably doing a better job. maybe smoke sativas? i've seen other coworkers high and some people just get stupid stoned though i guess and really just click off working. not me though

Wow sucks for your gf then, hope he isnt too bad to her

If you were actually fucking stressed about your job you wouldnt be walking in there stoned you dipshit
Save the weed for after work so you can wind down and relax like the rest of us you fucking burnout

Fast food makes everything retard proof. Timing fries is ridiculous

She used to be a shift manager there but only works like 15 hours part time now because of his bullshit, I keep telling her to leave but she keeps coming up with dumb shit excuses, basically laziness

THIS

Yeah youre right, I just keep trying to convince myself I can do it stoned but I know I really do need to lay off the weed sometimes, really has fucked up my memory and other shit

>
>Yeah youre right, I just keep trying to convince myself I can do it stoned but I know I really do need to lay off the weed sometimes, really has fucked up my memory and other shit

Nah, pretty sure you were already retarded and your just blaming the weed

I guess I really am just fucking retarded or autist or whatever then man because idfk I just sign off when high

No just been smoking a long ass time, at least three times a day every other day for 10+ years, think Im fried..

Nigger, I've been smoking for 19 years, everyday multiple times a day and I have none of your issues, you're just retarded

So you're fucking retarded
Do you know how much money you could have right now if you didnt spend it all on weed? Maybe you could get a real job that doesnt involve getting fired for being terrible at fast food

>A&W 2hard5me
>19 hours a week
>7 years of college wasted
>pothead

You're fucking with us right?

I dont think Im retarded, I dont why, but I just cant get it..

Has to be

Im the pothead im not OP though, just some random retard I guess

you're already retarded, and the weed makes you even more retarded, go figure. hilarious that you were questioning why you were getting so stressed in the first place.

Pretty sure Im not retarded just have never done this before and dont have alot of life experience in general

What would you guys think if the OP was a woman?

Feel sorry for her and think manager is a bitch jealous of her youthful beauty

dude you're retarded. if you can't manage to complete simple tasks like that of a fast food place, then what can you do? at least start going to work sober.

I know user, every job ive ever had ive been bad at, even non ff ones. I seriously dont know what there is for me, it depresses the fuck out of me, like I have no skills whatsoever even though I went to school, graduated, got certified, still fucking useless

>whiteknighting ironically

You should be a politician

what school could you have possible graduated from? university of phoenix?

No just vocational and some comm college

if u went to a vocational school you must've specialized in something...

Business technology, but havent been able to find anything in my field for years, the market is flooded with people who have similar needs. I was unemployed for 2yrs before I got this job. I only took it as a last resort and because I just needed.. something, a job, any job. Fuck I knew I wasnt.qualified ive never even worked at fucking mcdonalds before let alone a goddamn chicken restaurant

Shit not similar needs meant to say similar degrees

Protip: go to AA. I've been looking for a job for the past 6 months and the first couple weeks I was in AA I met someone who knew someone in the industry I was in and got an interview on the spot,

Fuck it user Ill try it

I don't drink

Protip: you're failing at fast food, you should probably start drinking.

Don't worry user. I have the same issue. I get very nervous when the pressure goes up and end up being too slow or fucking up. It makes me want to end my life because i feel useless. I think i'm one of those types that take till after three months to get a good pace of things.

Yes thats exactly it the pressure gets to me too and I keep telling myself ill get it in more time but theres so much pressure from my manager and my coworkers because they want me to get it NOW which I understand because im fucking them up but its like fuck man I just need more time to establish my groove yknow

Cooks don't get paid shit no matter where they work

maybe it's time to start looking for a different kind of job

My dude i completely understand your pain. Granted, it was my first job, but i remember being the retard of the group and people hated me for it. It depressed me for two years after that because and i'm afraid of looking for work because i don't want to go through that again. But at the same time i have to suck it up because i need to get over it and not give up. How old are you? I say keep going and take extra measures to learn the menu by heart. focus on the ticket and not the time. There has to be a way you can get some extra practice if you want.

i mean, no offense but i work at a kfc/a&w. A&W is not that hard, but even if you're a retard you will eventually catch on, but if they have an ultimatum of get good by next week, well, dont know what to tell you except good luck user.

>three months to get a good pace of things
>establish my groove
absolutely laughable exchange of retards egging each other on. there are no "types" of people who take three months to get a good pace on things in fast food, lol. people are in an out of the job every week.

Dude yes I was afraid to look for work as well too for the same exact reasons, that whole anxiety of learning something new. Do you also feel like youre gonna fail before you even do it? And yeah I was thinking about going on my day off and just watching or something. Im 25.

Obviously there is people like that as there currently two of them in this thread..

honestly, they seem to be a bit too impatient, we have had retards workin for us for longer than 2 months but most seem to at least become competent, at least we never really fire them. point is that they shouldn't be making ultimatums or anything and im surprised none of them remember their first day, or they're just assholes maybe.