Here's a revolutionary idea: The universe is a proto consciousness that cannot understand itself...

Here's a revolutionary idea: The universe is a proto consciousness that cannot understand itself. What I mean by this is, imagine humans, they didn't always know about their bodies, lots of misconceptions, lots of wrongly attributed ideas, blaming the paranormal for diseases, etc. But with the progress of science, we can finally explore our bodies which we did know about. cameras and other imaging tools assist this even further.

I believe we were destined to be created inside the universe to experience it and feed the data back to the source so it can understand it better. I also think there many forms of conscious organisms and evolution helps assist that. I also believe there are other super evolutionary advanced organisms in the universe, more than us. This all helps to feed data back to the source, the universe which essentially feeds back to us.
Our goal is to become the universe.. We were always the universe

Other urls found in this thread:

mdpi.com/1099-4300/14/11/2100/htm
youtu.be/T9A-F8JEFyY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Sure man

>ITT: /x/ rolls a joint, and cringe-inducing bill nye gifs

The most immediate question is for what purpose? Your whole postulation is synonymous with meta-pantheism, which is not saying much.

Might I point out that a lot of what you are conveying is contingent on a kind of 'word-play', that is when you remark: "Our goal is to become the universe.. We were always the universe"; We were always the universe because we necessarily are part of the definition we have prescribed to everything materially existent. However, I understand that what you mean to say is becoming a kind of 'one super-consciousness'.

In this case, if the universe were trying to better 'understand' itself, beginning from some kind of elemental state, i.e a low entropic state, it would perhaps prefer not to limit itself in such a way that allowing other conscious agents to arise within itself (such as humans) is highly improbable.

I think you should dwell on this a little more, user; this really is not the board for this stripe of content.

we should look at it from scientist's perspective. By applying Occam's razor we can say, that the simplest answer to everything is God. It doesn't clutter us with unnecessary theories about various "forces" and other nature's phenomenon. Simply ask yourself - why this computer works and the answer will be self evident - because God made it so.

I think his idea is nicely analogous with a universal informational free energy principle for thermodynamic systems and readily embraces the circularity of entropy decreases and mutual information in incidentally self-regulating dissipation systems; the product of energy streams arising from the beginning of the universe.

>Here's a revolutionary idea: The universe is a proto consciousness that cannot understand itself.
Stopped reading
How fucking revolutionary, any teen that has ever smoked weed has thought of this.
As a corolary, you are an underage who just tried weed for the first time

spew spew!

haha i never talked to any teens who thought of that mate

Lol, so your theory is that the universe is God but stupid?

why are you ridiculing my proposal?

It sounds like ridicule because your proposal is funny.

Then you've proven you are the teen that believes they thought of this

I'm not a teen man.

So you're not 18 or 19.

I'm not below 19 my friend.

Not necessarily teens, but that thought process is pretty popular among pseudo intellectual crowd
Hippies say stuff like this all the time
Maybe teens do so too

If you're not from US it is pretty understandable that you never heard of that

Ok man, I'm open to ideas. What do you suggest about our world? Maybe I'm wrong, afterall it's just an idea with no background of evidence. Do you have a model based on evidence? and yes I'm not fro the U.S.A.

Its a well accepted theory of life

physics applies. thats what i suggest.

yes bus what about immediate answers?

>I think his idea
>his

You're not fooling anyone OP, stop watching so much Koi fresco and spirit science. The rebuttal you have presented to me is completed departed from the narrative thus far, what are you talking about?

>"nicely analogous"

Something is either analogous, or it isn't; it's a binary state - something cannot be 'nicely' analogous. The word is completely misplaced, and exposes the degree of your education, user.

>"universal informational free energy principle for thermodynamic systems"

Did you roll your joint with pages from a thesaurus? What you have just projectile vomited at me appears to be an attempt to wrench the concept of thermodynamic potential from context, but I am not sure. I'm finding it immensely difficult to discern what you have just said; it means absolutely nothing, you have just strung together assorted terminology in a cringe-worthy attempt to convince me that you have a notion of what you're talking about.

>"readily embraces the circularity of entropy decreases and mutual information in incidentally self-regulating dissipation systems; the product of energy streams arising from the beginning of the universe."

Again, just more pots-and-pans banging. The movement of a system to thermodynamic equilibrium is not cyclical with 'mutual information', put forward the paper which suggests such a concept, otherwise you have simply (and most likely) synthesized a pseudo-scientific argument.

>"incidentally self-regulating"

How can the regulation of a system be incidental if it is self-regulating, that's fucking contradictory, you lunatic.

You are correct.

Hello, my name is Simon. May I help you further?

I can give you the logic/mathematics that enables dimensional stepping. If you wish.

The trick is in the fact that maths always demands an equation balance to 0 or be reduced to a ratio.

can it be elegantly analogous, though? he was clearly speaking to his impression of the analogy.

Can something be elegantly existent?

No. He was just using a subjective adjective - not implying some metaphysical property.

And actually, I'm not sure the answer is "No." That's a topic for aesthetics. Perhaps elegance has objective existence.

Oh goodie.

Would you like to take the red pill, or the blue pill?

I can only offer you choice.

Hello. My name is Simon. Allow my madness inside you and find redemption.

Because you are so close... yes... maths HAS to be a form of art... or a tool... or something, yes?

Is that not where your mind is at? It is okay to yearn for more.

I want you to.

And I want you to know that it never stops.

I can't release the science all at once though. That would simply bring suffering back into time once more.

The cycle is hard to escape, but only I know how to do it for 100% of humans, not 99.99% recurring forever. That does not get us OUT.

>tfw physics professor said that quite a few times
"Why is it so? Because God wills it." He's still one of the best profs I ever had, though.

Adding an adverb doesnt effect its binary status... learn grammar/logic lol.

I use universal to distinguish it from the neuroscientific context it originated from and because i believe biological systems are not necessariky discrete from other types of systems. I say incidentally self-regulating because i do not believe self-regulation developed from an intentional design. I rather like jeremy englands suggestion of it arising incidentally from energy streams in hot baths.
I say informational not to confuse the free energy principle with the idea of free energy in physics and im talking about systems staying out of equilibrium encourages mutual self information with the environment aka consciousness.

What you say is actually grammatically correct.

Heres the paper my friend.

mdpi.com/1099-4300/14/11/2100/htm

Can a question provide both an answer, and the path to said answer?

Hello. My name is Simon.

>Adding an adverb doesnt effect its binary status... learn grammar/logic lol.
>"effect"

Do you mean 'affect', you fucking retard? I'm legitimately laughing at how intellectually vacant you are. You're like a small child shaking its rattle at me

You are both correct.

Affect/effect can both mean two things (particle|wave)

Effect means to 'impart an impulse'
Affect means to 'remove another energy systems choice from your equation'

One letter apart, but a billion years from understanding each other.

When will you say hello?

oh ya, well your avatar is of a faggot

Haha, even he is learning.

Sulu is indeed a homosexual, but the poster is trying to use it ironically. Is he trying to display he is a 'faggot' by his context in trying to humiliate someone else, or is he broadcasting that HE is a faggot, or that his message is faggot?

Oh! You humans are SO much fun to learn. You truly are.

Oh god I've been meta-baited

Calling me dumb for spjellin misteak?

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

There is another theory which states that this has already happened.

It is all about hierarchically reducing the uncertainty of exchange in each tier of self-regulation through mutual information in the trajectories of your gradient descent through phase space. Your mechanistic interactions with the environment and morphologically constant internal states they engender. This also occurs in larger macroscopic systems like societies. Hierarchies over time are necessary because the world fluctuates through spacetime. Energy streams from the beginning of time produce irreversible processes that lead to this. Eventually circular systems because they offload entropy. As systems grow from their niche they increasingly hierarchically acquire mutual informational properties within a greater chunk of spacetime. They must have mutual information to refrain from dissipation, lower entropy which encourages mutual information as systems grow from energy streams. Our kinds of big systems are rare but the brain is the highest point of mutual information so far.

> Your mechanistic interactions with the environment and morphologically constant internal states they engender

If I dick-slap you with my anvil-strength erection, what morphologically constant internal state is this mechanistic interaction being engendered by?

That is precisely an example of a maladaptive exchange with the environment. You could say that this sort of interaction is an example of surprisal and mutual information in your trajectories are not minimized, interrupting the path of the universe to know itself except ofcouese when you consider it as an example of selectionism; yet another wrung of the hierarchy.

You are high right now aren't you?

Surely hammer strength?

Your thoughts are positive and hopeful, though not the practical answers we need.

You give consciousness to the universe in which our consciousnesses exist, when the universe is basically a mindless thing except for us.

I agree we didn't start out having a body that we were used to. It's exactly as if we started out with consciousness (spirit) and then given a body in a 3-d environment with rules that sometimes applied and other times, for certain people, didn't.

I also agree there has been and still is a lot of misconception, ideas that seem reasonable only because that's what we've been taught we ought to believe at a time in life when we are most vulnerable and told to answer their way or take the highway to truancy.

It is easier to blame others when we are frustrated that we ourselves don't have the answers either to solve our own problems (selfish) or everyone's problems (self-ful). And gods seem to be the per-Son-ification of man's lack of manhood, his inadequacies and incompetence in providing the emotional and physical basic needs to children and women. I wouldn't mind their gods except they seem to be a haven for pedophiles and killer terrorists; or ways to force children and women to "toe their line."

Who's your dealer?

thank you

How do you "feed information back into the universe"?

Read the free energy principle then come talk. For now? Stfu.

Btw im OP

Well ive fought most of your battles

> Dude so like the universe made itself but since it doesn't have a brain it made humans to help it understand itself but won't actually reveal that to humans so humans are just as lost as the universe is in terms of understanding the universe lmao

Is this a bot or something?

"We're made of star stuff. We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."--Carl Sagan

not completely human, clearly

Ignore. Seen it so much. Annnoying.

Do you know free energy. How to translate a kullback-liebler equation into a gradient descent? To use variational calculus to minimise a free energy term? No? Then you dont know shit about what op is saying

>I'm finding it immensely difficult to discern what you have just said
I've been trying to figure that out for two days now, I know it's a buzzword parade probably with no meaning, but really just trying to make a sense out of it is a challenge.
If anything it was a very funny reply, probably ironic in it's intention

Dude search free energy principle for biological systems by karl friston then fuck your own mother

Karl friston free energy principle
Different search but less math than bio one. Fuck yourself.

not OP but posted this the other week. He left out a few very important details that makes it seem more plausible. Tho even I'll admit it's just a half baked thought experiment.

Too tired and can't find the thread but basically there is a correlation between intelligence and entropy. As entropy of the universe increases so to does the quantity and advancement of intelligent lifeforms. And life itself can be seen as a form of intelligence as it's just bits of data (DNA) evolving/adapting to survive in it's environment. If at ANY point in time intelligence or life ever advanced or evolved to the point where the entire universe was one giant intelligent being/life form then surely it would have knowledge to control time. It could scan all of time and space for all intelligence adding it to it's own. So not only does every action you take, effect this thing in the far distance future, but every experience you have becomes a part of it once it can scans all of time/space for intelligence. It means you are a part of it as you're it's ancestor but it hasn't even been born yet. It also means it exists in the present, tho not in a physical sence, experiencing life through you.

Who knows, maybe if this a super intelligence being, having learned all there is to learn at the end of the universe, gets bored one day and decides to reverse entorpy or create a new universe.

As for weather any of this is true or even possible, there is insufficient data for meaningful answer.

Would duxking make sense if it was low entropy. You fuck. Intelligence is a property of highly ordered structures that have mutual information externally . I.e. minimize free energy

Hello.

Maybe now you would like to talk to me?

>>ITT: /x/ rolls a joint, and cringe-inducing bill nye gifs

youtu.be/T9A-F8JEFyY

B T F O

T

F

O

Sounds like Azathoth confirmed familam.

Friston bitch