Not building a nuclear reactor

>not building a nuclear reactor.

I shiggy diggy

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=O5_WvmQiqz0
youtube.com/watch?v=i0TlECFbjvM
youtube.com/watch?v=ee11S9jBesI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>drinking and building nuclear reactors.

Being smart doesn't mean shit when you're not being productive. Are you actually going to use it? No it's just to look cool. Fucking autistic retard.

Go for it man. live the dream!

dont forget to post pics so I can enjoy it aswell

u jelly bro?

Called greenpeace

Enjoy a bunch of hippies surrounding your house and yelling at you 24/7.

I hope your room is soundproof

>building a reactor of a worthless tech to show off iqpeen

Yeah OP, You're posting on Veeky Forums you're probably smart enough to make a reactor. But you're too autistic to realize its a fucking waste of time. I looked into building one, 2k+$

What a fucking waste

UHV flanges and some spheres?

Being productive doesn't mean shit. You don't get rewarded for being "productive". You get rewarded for making money exchange hands faster and faster or to calculate when and how money switch hands.

>believeing you can do fusion

>I shiggy Diggy

how do you make sure the government isn't going to know about your reactor?

Research it through a proxy. Buy materials with cash and preferable second hand.

>tfw you will never be allowed on an airplane again

Good going goy,

The government doesn't care if you make a fusor. Kids do it for a science project. It's about as dangerous as a microwave oven.

This is blatently false and dangerously misleading.

Nuclear fusion emmits all sorts of ionizing radiation and neutrons. Uses high voltage, and can make you go blind.

Niiice. What are you're neutron counts like? That a pretty small cross for fusion.

Also voltage and amperage?

make sure you test it with a screw driver

I never got to doing actual fusion. Couldn't get my hands on deuterium. The power supply is 30kV 32mA.

Ah damn. I've heard its not too hard as long as you can write some paperwork. Not even close to having my fusor working yet though

If you dont want that spellman anymore, I'll buy it from you. My current powersupply is a voltaic with an xray transformer. Feels bad man.

Also that high kv feedthrough. Will buy

well don't fucking LOOK at it you fucking moron... jesus fucking christ, you really have to hold peoples hands today. 'hurrr lets look at the fusion reaction'. holy shit.

>Ah damn. I've heard its not too hard as long as you can write some paperwork.

I was 17 and no company I emailed would sell it to me.

>Ah damn. I've heard its not too hard as long as you can write some paperwork.

Everything in the rack has since been sold, I only still have the main chamber.

Would prefer to keep the chamber together. It looks cool to have around.

Damn,

Any idea where to get either of them for a reasonable price? The high voltage feedthrough seems impossible to find used.

>Nuclear fusion emmits all sorts of ionizing radiation and neutrons.
Negligible amounts from the kind of fusor you can make at home and the length of time you're likely to be running it. Cosmic rays also emit ionizing radiation. So do nuclear decay events in the soil and in your own body.

>Uses high voltage, and can make you go blind.
See: >>It's about as dangerous as a microwave oven.

I found the power supply on ebay after checking every day for like 3 months. The feedthrough I bought new, don't remember on which site.

you dont know what you're talking about

BenNBuilds? Faggot

Okay then, educate me. Tell me about all of the home-built fusor-related deaths, particularly the ones resulting from ionizing radiation or neutrons.

Well, people who make fusors are smart enough not to get killed. Its not exactly somthing a retard can build.

Don't know shit about physics but this guy made one and he says

>I'd be more worried about high energy neutrons though. Not to mention all the x-rays or uv rays plasma puts out.

youtube.com/watch?v=O5_WvmQiqz0

Are you sure the radiation is as negligible as you say?

Note that in the first few seconds he shows a kid posing about two feet way from a running, obviously unshielded fusor.

A demo fusor == nuclear fusion

Please do some reading

that's a demonstrator you retard it doesn't do fusion

Bullshit.

oh god you are stupid, are you op?

Nothing this guy: has set up would significantly reduce the flux of fusion neutrons.

The x-ray dose is a small concern.

UV is probably the most worrisome thing, but is blocked by ordinary glass.

You're not going to want to run it for long periods while sitting right next to it with no shielding, but what you innumerate dumb cunts need to learn is that the dose makes the poison, and fusors are both low-power and incredibly inefficient. They're typically under 100 watts power input, and way under 1 watt of fusion. Much of the energy is lost in the conversion to high voltage.

I'm OP and thats OP

You could use it to have electricity and stop paying your electric bill, i don't live in america so not sure if that's how it works there.

Hey, that's the guy who built a nuclear reactor in his backyard and he eventually got cancer like in the pic, he also made a video showing how he built his reactor:
youtube.com/watch?v=i0TlECFbjvM
youtube.com/watch?v=ee11S9jBesI