I'm 22 and unemployed. I haven't studied Science or Maths for over five years...

I'm 22 and unemployed. I haven't studied Science or Maths for over five years. Is it too late for me to become a STEM lord? (pic unrelated)

No, start from scratch using Khan Academy

Okay, will do.

Get a job.
Save money.
Learn German.
Enter ETH in your 30s. They accept everyone.
Get kicked out after a year.

>22
>too old
No you are not you idiot

you are not too old senpai

Grimes is 2 cute

but yeah of course you aren't to old dumbass, get off your ass and get a degree

College has no age limit.

I started mathematics when I was 23.
best thing I ever did

I'm in the same situation, but I'm 26. Is it too late for me?

no

Generally if you are under 30, you don't have children, a reliant spouse, or huge debt. Then you are fine.

Even if you are over 30, it might still make sense, but then you should have some other degree/training/savings on which you can fall back on if the degree fails.

Not at all. I went back to school at 23 after working at a plant nursery for 3 years doing manual labor. Starting school somewhat older is what a lot of people need. Many students need to learn their direction and a proper work ethic. I did, and I breezed through school.

You really gotta ask yourself do you want that degree at 30 or do you want to be 30 and not have that degree?

You're to old when you're dead.

I'm 26 and a brainlet. is it possible to become good at math and logical thinking? I'd like to study mechanical engineering.

Time will pass whether you want or not. Better use that time to develop yourself and if a degree is what you want to achieve, well...do it. Like said.

>do you want that degree at 30 or do you want to be 30 and not have that degree?

Your life is not even half over with 30. Hell, even with 30+ hitting University isn't bad in any way.

Thanks, that's really encouraging. But my major concern is that employers wouldn't want to employ someone starting his career at 30. Isn't being inexperienced in the field at such age too much of a disadvantage?

>Is it too late
I started up again at 55 years old. Just work hard and you will be fine. Books "a mind for numbers" and "deep work" are very very helpful.

inb4 why are you on Veeky Forums at 61 years old.

Same reason you are.

What the hell is wrong with her hairline?

is zürich actually legit or is it muh neumann

lots of people in med school over 25, you just have to apply yourself. my math skills are lacking cause i had a really bad foundation so i urge you to read books and actually try until you understand how shit works

Depends on the field you want to go into.

Oh, that's surely a disadvantage, but it has nothing to do with your capabilities directly.

But if you are smart, your brain can absolutely handle the learning at your age.

Pic related is you anyway, so what choice do you have, you'll have to overcome some disadvantages. Is what you get for being lazy earlier. And if you don't get to work now you have noone to blame but yourself.

sounds like you did it just for hobby
OP wants to start a career most likely

I want to get into EE. Also, I know it's not related, but I've been considering actuarial science too.

I guess you're right, thanks mate. Gonna start getting my shit together.

yes

If you go into academia and research, then your age doesn't matter. If you want to get into a big company like for an engineering job, then you will have worse chances than a younger candidate, or someone with your age and more experience. But given that, there is always a shortage of engineers and you will most likely get a decent job anyway if you do some practica to get work experience.

Do you have any work experience outside of EE?

I will fuck u alive cunt

You're way too fucking old to fuck me old man

I work at my family store.
I also have studied a meme engineering for one and a half year, but I did poorly and dropped out because of depression and financial problems.

Being an electrician or some shit like that would have helped, but whatever.

As long as you aren't a 40+ years old when you come out of university without any work experience, then they won't really care if you are 20 or 30. I worked at Siemens for a while and one of my colleagues failed an engineering degree and took 8 semesters to finish his CS bachelor, way in his thirties and half bald, nobody gave a fuck. He was decent at his job, that's all people care about.

checked

drugs
bad diet

Too much hair coloring products. This is what happens if you switch your hair color every week.

>guy in similiar situation got a job at Siemens
This really incentives me. Thanks.

You faggot here in Israel we only get out of active duty at 21-22 and start working on becoming stemlords. Stop making excuses for yourself and go study.

If you get a degree from somewhere in Europe American hiring managers will value you above most state uni applicants because they don't know anything about how shit most european universities are. The biggest real advantage to studying in Europe is becoming multi-lingual, learn german and french at a minimum.

There is no too late. For anything.

it's too late for being 16

>Isn't being inexperienced in the field at such age too much of a disadvantage?
No, sometimes employers would rather hire people older who went through the bullshit and matured than some fresh out of school know it all kid.

yes it's too late

im in similiar position but Ive already started againa dn im ultra employed and I dont think ill have enough time to work 40 hours or even 20-30..how do I pay rent and other expenses??? they wont give me very much financial aid because im under 24 and i work but me mum is poor. can I live on loans alone? the school will only give me a little bit please help sci

Thanks for starting this thread. I actually came here to ask pretty much this. I'm late 20s and I barely remember any math from high school but I want to start learning math so that I can actually understand computer science, statistics, and data science because the math thats used might as well be moon runes to me.

When do you know it's too late to become an [spoiler]astronaut[/spoiler]?

22 aint old bruv. Just follow your dreams. No one is too old to learn. Start with maths, tons and tons of maths. Then learn physics as it will be useful for every degree (problem solving skills). After that apply for a uni after summer break

are you that guy from Veeky Forums that has hundreds of pictures of girls eating noodles