What is the cheapest pureed soup that tastes good?

What is the cheapest pureed soup that tastes good?

maybe potato

This user is a total faggot the only answer is tomato.

so what's a cheap potato soup recipe that isn't bad?

you say tomato
I say po-fuck you

cheapest... I guess what produce you have around ultimately determines that but a butternut or kabocha congee/puree would be pretty cheap. Could give a bit extra body with something like coconut milk (the stuff that comes in cans)

1. Throw away your Irish famine food and get a few delicious tomatoes
2. Boil them shots for 3 minutes
3. Slide the skin right off
4. Puree with spices to taste and 1 cup of heavy cream or at least whole milk
5. Back on the stove and let simmer for 30 minutes

there's very little caloric value in pumpkins though.
I need to live on it. I'd just have to compensate with more fat then
I don't mean to discourage your tomato potato duel but too much tomato is hard on my stomach

Well you don't need to puree potatoes to make soup desu.

Just boil them and they will naturally liquify. Then just add cream or milk and simmer for bit..

didn't realize we were doing something of a survivalist gruel. Well the coconut milk would add a lot of fat calories you could add rice to the soup for caloric content also I think sweet rice part of the typical recipes for congee. I've even seen some people blend it dry then add it as sort of improvised rice flour.
If I were going the survivalist route I'd go for something barley, split pea or lentil related for the nutritional content vs cost per serving.

yes but it's not the puree that's the problem, potato just gives me acid reflux.

>tomato is too hard on your stomach
>potato causes acid reflux

Mushroom soup might work out for you.

this has all been somewhat helpful, thanks
oops I meant tomato gives me acid reflux, potato is fine.
I misread your previous post too. fug
mushroom soup sounds delicious too, but not cheap.
it's a bit of a mix, I'm definitely in a turbopoor situation right this moment, but not so bad that I have to live on the absolute cheapest produce. I feel like eating a pureed soup, but I'm poor. that's about it

>but not so bad that I have to live on the absolute cheapest produce.
well then I'd definitely recommend the pumpkin/squash congee with sweet rice and coconut milk.

Lentil soup. Even better if your stomach is upset

corn

penis

This is correct. Tomato is by far the most delicious puréed soup.

pumpkin or some variation of dark green veggie soup is the tastiest.

Here's how to make a good mushroom soup.

Get 2 tablespoons of butter in a heated sauce pan. Add a thinly slices onion and heat it while stirring until translucent. Add 4 more tabsp of butter and about 3/4 of a pound of button mushrooms, halved. Let that cook gently while stirring for about 5 to 10 min.

Then add about 32 oz of chicken stock and some parsley flakes or a sprigg of parsely. Bring this to a boil, bank the heat and let it simmer for an hour.

After an hour get use an immersion blender to blend it all up or use a normal blender if your brave. I forgot to mention to remove the parsley sprigg if you added it before blending.

Add a 1/4 cup of cooking sherry and add salt and pepper to taste. I added some extra bonus mushrooms on top of my soup because I'm a little itty bitty mushroom man in my spare time.

Enjoy!

Just mushroom? Not "cream of" mushroom?
Would this be better with some milk/cream? Especially since I dont have a blender, can I do the mushroom part as you said, and use a roux, then milk based bechamel to thicken it? I dont mind the chunky shrooms.

Not that user, but in my personal experience mushroom soup is better without cream. Maybe double-down on butter, toss in some more flavorful mushrooms like shiitake or maitake.

I bet that would be good. Go for it. I would chop the mushrooms pretty finely if it were me.

>cooking sherry

As opposed to drinking sherry, which is much more expensive and unnecessary for mushroom soup for poor people.

cauliflower is dirt cheap around where I live, so I make soup with it on a regular basis.

Look up Olive Garden's 'zuppa toscana' recipe.
When forced to go with family as a youngster, this was the only thing that was palatable. Then I made my own with high quality ingredients, and boom. Fukken great.

Potatoes, Italian snausage, cream, kale, aromatic veggies - easy, creamy, satisfying

Oh, but this isn't a puree.. whoops. Still DELISH

CHICKEN STOCK CREAM AND A BAG OF LEFTOVER FRIES FROM FIVE GUYS + A STICK BLENDER

>CHICKEN STOCK CREAM
w-what's that?

Brocoli and tomatoe (not together ! ! !)

cooking sherry is really bad for cooking, though.

why is mushrooms in a cheap food gen? isn't it basically some of the most expensive produce you can get relative to nutritional value?

I like this meme.

>filled with too much salt even if you put no other salt in it, which would exclude most supermarket stock
>tastes worse than any sherry, even the dirt cheapest

Get saltless stock. Also, we're trying to keep things cheap ITT. There's good cooking sherrys for 5 dollars.

if you wanna keep things cheap maybe don't buy sherry at all?

The correct answer is carrots you fucksticks.

cauliflower or celery root

OKay

protip: peanut butter tastes better than creams in pumpkin soup

Onion soup with melted cheese

how does one make onion soup?

depends, is broccoli or zucchini cheap? Those make for fucking top soups. Also, pumpkin when it's seasonal.

If only there was some sort of search engine to quickly look up simple things on the internet

I don't trust any information that isn't from you.

I really love split pea soup. It's not "pureed" but everything (except the meat, which is optional) turns to mush when it's fully cooked.

Split peas, onions, carrots, salt, pepper, water, bay leaves (remove before eating), optional ham or smoked turkey. Bring to a boil, then simmer for about two hours.

Squash

Water