Algorithms

So was wondering - is there an optimal algorithm to complete this puzzle in the least amount of time?

Other urls found in this thread:

cubezz.com/Buy-5227-Cubing Classroom MF3RS 3x3x3 Magic Cube Black.html
youtube.com/watch?v=gVF_XUccMuo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

yeah, the moves are well known

also, it's small enough to bruteforce

any cube is solvable within 20 moves

How come the corner cubes don't fall off??

That is literally the most fascinating thing to me, how they made the corner cubes rotate in both directions. That shit is magical.

just buy one and open it up

Just buy one and put it to pieces. Turn top by 45 degrees and yank hardly

all the pieces form a sphere inside. google pictures. by the way, anyone looking to buy a rubiks cube should buy cubezz.com/Buy-5227-Cubing Classroom MF3RS 3x3x3 Magic Cube Black.html . It's better and cheaper.

what do you mean bruteforce? it's nearly impossible to solve a rubiks cube by just guessing

is this legit? how the fuck is it so cheap? even amazon costs more. and free shipping? come on.

is this a fucking scam.

no. im a puzzle autist and have gotten 4 cube/other puzzles from there. shipping takes forever though.

Its likely he meant its computationally feasible with a computer to bruteforce a 3x3 cube.

Any problem that is possible to bruteforce is pretty boring.

But an interesting question is how the maximum number of required moves scales with the size of the cube.

Actually it is pretty close to not being computationally feasible. It has been proven that a 3x3x3 cube can be converted from one configuration to any other configuration in 14 moves. Since we have to generate all permutations of these moves, we are looking at an order n! time complexity. 14! Is a lot of sets of moves to test. A really powerful computer might do it, but forget about anything bigger than a 3x3x3 in brute force.

No, there currently is not. There are approximate solutions out there though. I'm not sure what the upper bound is atm.

user are you sure about this, that looks dodgy af.

They slide in underneath the lip of the centre pieces and when all the pieces are in they all hold each other together like an arch

You can trust I am autistic

youtube.com/watch?v=gVF_XUccMuo

OP here again - so are there any well known algorithms? Or how does solving it go about

There's a lengthy wikipedia article on the subject written for the layman.

The usual beginner method involves dividing the cube into 3 layers and solving layer by layer. Can't really go into a little bit more detail without
going into full detail

The WebM shows an algorithim I used on the 5D cube to flip the 5 coloured piece's orientation to finish the solve

t1:15 is pattern recognition and algorithm memory/execution

yes. buy that cube i linked. it also comes in other colors if you look up the same cube on that site. i'm partial to stickerless.