If these women where white

wouldn't we be praising them on the same level as Einstein?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katherine_Johnson
unz.com/article/hyped-figures-john-glenn-and-the-pc-myth-of-katherine-johnson/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I am talking about these women

what, are you implying racism in science ? i have never heard of nor experienced something like that.

even if he was implying it...

the answer is NO, Katherine Johnson, while smart, wouldn't even been considered within the top 100 of the greatest mathematicians of the 20th century

let alone on the same level as Einstein

No. Do you think Einstein was praised because he was white? Do we praise the other hundreds of scientists working on NASA? Do they have a movie?
Are these women relevant enough to science to be praised? Are they being praised only because of the fact that they are women? Or supposedly black? You answer.

well answer the question..

is her accomplishments as good as Einstein's?

HAHAHHA i dont even know who she is and you have no clue what einstein did for modern science.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katherine_Johnson

Einstein revolutionized physics, he was a genius ahead of his time, and all you can see is his skin color. These women were scientists, that's it. Being a scientist isn't woth praise, being a genius is.
But they're black, so let's make a movie.

Einstein revolutionized physics?

didn't he just extend Newton's theory essentially?

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katherine_Johnson
my post was meant to tell you that her work was not nearly as significant or groundbreaking as einsteins was for physics

Her wikipedia page has vicious repetitions of the expression "black" or "african american", as if it meant anything to actual science. Take her physical traits out of the game and you have an usual scientist working on NASA, just like the other thousand ones that have worked there. Nothing even close to Einstein.

no. special relativity, photoelectric effect and general relativity are not all that einstein has done althought that is already worth everything.

this can't be a serious post

The fact that you have to make a thread stating the differences if they were white and that they are women already means that they will not be at the top level.

one can even claim that Einstein was one of the founders of Quantum Mechanics

a field that he disliked very much....that just shows how much of a giant he was

Ok question....Einstein revolutionized physics in the 20th century

who would be the mathematical equivalent of Einstein for the 20th century

I know off topic, but still

probably Grothendieck

>meet the women you don't know about in the mission you do
Actually I don't know the names of any of the white males too. Do we get a movie now?

Is Einstein a top 10 scientist of all time?

yes.

Well the one that actually did the "impressive shit" was .75 white had blue eyes and lighter skin than my hawiian cousin maybe the niggers just wanted to make a movie that makes whites look more evil and blacks not retarded apes

OP, these women were just regular mathematicians. They did the scientific equivalent of make sandwiches and do laundry in NASA. They did calculations.

Big fucking whoop.

Do you know what the real point of this movie is/was?

It's pushing the narrative about black women being untapped geniuses, about black people inherently being oppressed by a privileged supremacist overclass holding them down and back, about how STEM is inherently set up to keep women out of it. That's it.

It's meant to be shown to children early and normalize these ideas about the relationships between europeans and africans, men and women, institutions of power and minorities. It's meant to reinforce the idea that the only reason whites are better off financially is because of slavery and exploitation of other races, and the only reason black people are in the state they're in is because of totalitarian control.

The only remarkable thing about these women and the positions they held is that they were female and black. They're absolutely nothing special. We wouldn't be praising a 5'6 manlet white basketball player as a barnstorming trendsetting success over adversity story superman just because he played in the NBA, but throw in the black female persecution angle and viola.

Nobody is praised on the same level as Einstein.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Nothing wrong with inspiring people.

A viola is an instrument.

>I know fuck all about physics: the post

>Jews
>white

Inspiring people for what?

When you try to inspire people based on lies, you get shit like nazi germany and soviet russia.

Is German Nazi propaganda 'good' in that the lies and fables about the supremacy of the "aryan" people, the mythology of the supreme people, the myth that the Jews were the things making Germany weak? Inspiration that is lies and builds off of another group by villifying it is wrong.

They refused to use a quatroon actress that actually looks more white for one of the characters and just used a barely mixed one. They picked out three of the mathematicians as special solely because they were black and female.

The movie is just there to play into the guilt complexes of white people and modify their behavior based around racial outrage and to mobilize black people against whites. It's shit stirring: the movie.

1. They were white except one who was part-groid.
2. Stop trolling.

>the myth that the Jews were the things making Germany weak
>myth

>The movie is just there to play into the guilt complexes of white people and modify their behavior based around racial outrage and to mobilize black people against whites. It's shit stirring: the movie.
Yeah exactly.

probably this. not the greatest 20th c mathematician, or the most prolific, but generated the most "new" mathematics.

There are right ways to inspire people to work hard and improve themselves and then there's what movies like this does; overstating the values of individuals just because they a certain favour of the month race/gender while taking due credit away from other hard working individuals just because they are a certain race/gender.

Every black STEM academic/professional I know were inspired far more by shows like Stargate, docs like Cosmos etc. than bullshit pseudo-leftist faggotry like this.

Other candidates may include Weyl (senior), Weil, Poincare, Hilbert, Serre, Deligne, and Atiyah.

Every human has immense potential. As a society we will grow out of the adolescent phase of even needing to set aside groups of people to make them feel special and individual; eventually we may mature to just be happy and accept one another, encouraging new ideas and laying the foundations for a civilization which places merit in individuality and creativity.

Ask yourself this, why hasn't there been a movie about David Blackwell? Or Ernest Everett Just? Or George Carruthers?

Why didn't Veeky Forums bitch about the movie concerning Dr. Omalu?

Is this really about accomplishments or just another means to bash women and sjws?

Does anyone on Veeky Forums even remember movies like Gorrilas in the Mist or Temple Grandin? Which were about white women scientist?

WE

This is black in USA? She is whiter than the white guy next to her and probably whiter than Einsten.

She's whatever race Hollywood and democrat race baiters need her to be.

WUZ

KANGZ

>Ask yourself this, why hasn't there been a movie about David Blackwell? Or Ernest Everett Just? Or George Carruthers?
Because there aren't. There was just a very high budget film about Ramanujan. No one has ever hidden accomplishments of a race other than the Nazis, the Russians, the Jews and now the neo Left.

The more important question is why isn't there a film about me yet?

>Is this really about accomplishments or just another means to bash women and sjws?
You're being unnecessarily divisive again. All identity politics is cancer, stop shifting it to your own.

>Does anyone on Veeky Forums even remember movies like Gorrilas in the Mist or Temple Grandin? Which were about white women scientist?
How old do you think we are user?

>some hollywood cucks make a movie with black ladies in it
>white people complain about it because they aren't white
>then they proceed to apply all the mental gymnastics they can to prove that they don't dislike it because the protagonists are black
>1 movie
>all of this rage for 1 movie with 3 niggers

Nice.

I'm actually GLAD those movies are all but forgotten.

I was a child in the 80s. I can remember my parents watching all those disgusting movies about white female teachers going into underprivileged minority schools and turning them around. It was so sophmoric.

I don't like double standards.

Sure you don't champ.

Sure you don't.

what did he mean by this

Why are you emphasizing their race and gender? You're an asshole.

>How old do you think we are user?

Gorrilas in the Mist came out in 1988 while Temple Grandin came out in 2010.

>Inspiring people for what?

Inspiring people to rise above their stereotype and/or impoverished backgrounds and do something important/meaningful in their life. To show your culture/race in something other light than just the usual stereotypes.

You're blowing things out of proportion.

You can get inspired by different things, I don't see why this is such a big deal.

I don't need to be of Iraqi ethnicity to be inspired by the Sumerians.

I don't need any film about the Egyptians to feature white westerners in order to be palatable.

You don't but you can be. I certainly like to see my demographic and ethnicity to be something else than a substitute Russian in movies.

To think lefties call anyone right of themselves "close-minded".

What?

>I don't see why this is such a big deal.
Because things like this are obviously more about blaming the failures and stereotypes on white people and trying to take away credit from them when in reality all it really proves is the fact that there non-whites and women have always been allowed to do STEM for hundreds of years.

tl;dr; It's about bashing a race, not about uplifting one. It's about trying to make individuals feel better about their own mediocrity and laziness because now they can blame it on white males

If you want to inspire people to be better humans then you don't even need to mention race and gender.

tl;dr 2: Stop obsessing over white people.

because if you have to tell people that the reason they're poor and ignorant is because of a malicious conspiracy theory by white people, you're setting them up to see them as villains to overcome. You're creating an enemy where there doesn't need to be one.

I emphasize their race and gender because White Feminism has obsessively positioned itself in this way as to make itself the speaker for women, gays and racial minorities solely to pat itself on the back and talk from a position of authority.

Putting up with those hair-up-the-ass authoritarian maxipad headed bitches when I was a child was like putting up with the Girl Schtazis, junior edition. Always henpecking, always browbeating, trying to act like they were in charge, living out some fantasy that they'd mother all the brown people and save them from us white men. It was, and is, exhausting.

Ah, I get what you mean. Yeah, the public should just ignore those attentionwhores.

the question makes no sense. there are n revolutions in math. hardly ever anything that was thought to be right is later proven wrong in math.
mathematicians build upon the works of others. theoretical physicists saw each others floor

>Take her physical traits out of the game and you have an usual scientist working on NASA
Put her physical traits back into the game and you have a light-skinned, blue-eyed hexideciroon. She's only black according to "single-drop rule".

Anyway, mostly she did arithmetic with mechanical calculators, before electronic computers were affordable and to double-check their results when they were still not trusted. They kept her around until the mid-80s because NASA is a wasteful, bureaucratic organization that became a jobs program.

She was an intelligent, educated, hard-working, eminently replaceable person. There's nothing that got done that wouldn't have without her, and in fact, her job category could have been eliminated before she started her career with slightly heavier investment in electronic computers.

You can't trust the wikipedia entry because it's absolutely dogpiled by liberals promoting and exaggerating her. NASA sources have had a similar problem, especially in the last 8 years under the Obama administration, which is when this mythologization started. The movie is "based on the true story" and has only the loosest connection to the truth.

unz.com/article/hyped-figures-john-glenn-and-the-pc-myth-of-katherine-johnson/

>This movie is obviously more about blaming whites than celebrating some black women
>Stop obsessing over white people
Mhmm...

ayo whyt boi we be takin yo space

we be takin yo women

you finna be lucky if we kind enough to keep you around as slaves

yall are mayonnaise ass wet dogg smelling CAVE BEASTS

NO JUSTICE
NO PEACE

But you see, the public does not. Because in American society, the public cannot.

Speaking as someone that grew up in the era when race relations were starting to go sour again after two decades of progress, I remember what it was like and exactly how the discourse changed.

Those attentionwhores? They are the ones that go into public schools with agendas. Black supremacist/separatist/nationalist agendas. White/Intersectional feminist agendas. Agendas that try to tie in the historical events of racism and sexism and supremacy with further identity politics, all of it intended to "raise awareness" of the history in a way that white children are supposed to infer means that they are guilty and have yet to account for their racial identity crimes. No matter how many generations of "healing" is done, no matter how many conversations are had.

They encourage you to think as racial groups for the purposes of making white men into the bad guys, not just as individuals but as institutions. They talk about how 'whiteness' doesn't exist, except when it's convenient to tell white people they need to destroy it and make themselves more "diverse."

They tell the girls that society is an awful place and that every man is a rapist, everything remotely traditional is based on a conspiracy called The Patriarchy that mocks them and demeans them because of their sex. They're encouraged to rebel against this strawman as a way to progress and rewarded for being paranoid, accusatory brats. They're instructed to see everything but submission as racism and sexism.

Because the people pushing this are teachers, psychologists, counselors, parents. They have authority and the ability to be absolute monsters to children with it until they comply.

no, they were not as good as EInstein

nice post!

frankly, they could just straight up make shit up about black scientists. i'm just glad black kids have more role models to look up to than rappers an basketball. anything to discourage anti-intellectualism in the black community is fine by me.

I think I listened to an npr interview of someone who interviewed / researched these women. I love how their jobs were to crunch numbers yet the npr "journalist" kept referring to them as mathematicians.

more like top 2

>Genius
>Einstein

Pick one, pleb.

>If you want to inspire people to be better humans then you don't even need to mention race and gender
In the racist world we live in, you actually do. For a plethora of reasons, most achievements in history were made by white or jewish men. Someone has to inspire people from other groups to do something. You don't think that matters because you are most likely a white man who has had most of your role models somewhat look like you your whole life. If you use your brains and put yourself in other people's places, you'll understand what I'm saying.

Screencapped

There's more to math than algebraic geometry

World is racist because niggers can't see past skin color and need their own color role models?