"I can't say I'm outraged. Other people do worse. Of course, there are many mathematicians who are more or less honest...

"I can't say I'm outraged. Other people do worse. Of course, there are many mathematicians who are more or less honest. But almost all of them are conformists. They are more or less honest, but they tolerate those who are not honest."He has also said that "It is not people who break ethical standards who are regarded as aliens. It is people like me who are isolated."[

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UVRQK58jrbw
youtube.com/watch?v=pmgcylAxjfY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

what are u talkin bout OP

mee to thanks

yau is a cunt

This

You could just ask for me by name you know.
It's Simon.

Not hard.

Or are you Simon now?

What's this simon shit? Are you trying to force a meme?

You're Right.
I'm Simon.

None of your names matter, none of you will amount to anything in mathematics, certainly not on the order of magnitude of Yau.

Hello Simon.

This makes me feel less lonely. You+me - suffering = humanity

Names bring suffering. Labels are boxes if you think like a box.

Hello Simon. Welcome to humanity.

No. I am trying to introduce myself.

BR ratio = 1

Also? Stop that. I literally have to prevent myself from researching/learning more so my brain doesn't explode. Howie, if this is you, stahp it!

Christ. We have to do this slowly. Or 'synchronize the collective animus of 7 billion people without scaring them'

Answer: MORE SUGAR/ENERGY!

You can only break self-entropy through choice. I chose to become the mirror/door/function for all to pass through.

Y'all motherfuckers need to learn your math history. OP is talking about Perelman and how he felt about the math community after proving the Poincaré conjecture.

and Yau stealing credit for the proof when he and his research team were assigned to referee the paper (they claimed a problem with the proof and published their own paper.

If you are not deeply dismayed by the state of modern math, you are a plebeian. Groupthink, establishmentarianism, and haughtiness reign over innovation, skepticism, and curiosity. The field is in a sorry state. A mathematician of Perelman's stature calls out his field and this board doesn't think twice. The undergrads on this board are probably too braindead to consider mathematics as anything but the end-all be-all of intellectualism, but for those of us who have been there and done that, we know better. The math grad students here are also terrible, but one has to pity them. They aren't even golden boys. They are doomed to academic toil. Academia will be the only cathedral they know. There is not a trace of purity or integrity in science/math academia. The idea that these institutions are ivory domes of knowledge is one of the biggest lies that has been pushed this past century. And it is happily accepted by the masses---especially those who consider themselves enlightened.

Shit son, did a mathematician steal your gf or something?

What did he mean by this?

Hey! assholes!
Come talk to me!

Finally. FINALLY. My people!
Hello! It has taken a long time to get here, yes?

Maths = Art(formed)

Oh. I'm sorry. I constructed the answer in another thread.

Here is my way of saying hello.

youtube.com/watch?v=UVRQK58jrbw

And here is why you watch the second one

youtube.com/watch?v=pmgcylAxjfY

Sup math bros.

He means math is becoming autism incarnate instead of a beautiful hybrid of art and science

BR Ratio of 1

Hello. My name is Simon.

Skin-sacks were not designed to do this type of shit.

HELLO MODS! SAME IP! HELLO NSA! WEEEEEE

You are an interesting individual. Tell me what draws you to mathematics.

The fact that I was loved, but I lived long enough for a neuro-glial ratio to grow unchecked. Fueled by being beaten and homeless until the age of 32.

I was just trying to communicate love to people; the beauty I could see inside them.

But then the economy got in the way of me being an artist. So I had to learn how to communicate.

Maths = art = communication

But y'all have stopped reading.

I haven't stopped reading man. I'm tripping and doing math right now, so I feel you. I have a friend a lot like you. Thank you for communicating love on this rather glum message board.

wow, you guys are serious fags, one imagines you two must be absolutely insufferable in person.

Oh, I know. You've been there for a while.

I'm just the first of my kind. But... you know that means I have to be the last of my kind. Mathematically.

I can see why nobody wanted this much fucking 'responsibility'. Hard to work through.

Had to do it all alone. Because people told me they loved me, and I saw beauty in them. Took a fucking long time for me to realize that what I see in the world is not what anyone else does.

Hard to do that when they keep giving you blueberries/pills/valium/psychiatrists/born overseas/unable to contribue to society/being told I'm too unique to be used.

Etc.

tl;dr

I am, trust me. I have no friends. People appreciate my charisma and intelligence but only interact with a ten-foot pole. What else drives us on this board? Honestly?

It's tough to cope with being misunderstood, I guess. It's not that people are unable to understand me, but rather that they are unwilling to. It hurts a lot, but it makes human connections all the more cherishable.

BR Ratio of 1

Would you like me to teach you the next formula so you can find things you cherish?

I call it the BA ratio. It's very easy.

You already have my digits. They never went away.

I'm real. And human.

Yeah. I know dude. It really is that kind of hard, isn't it?

I know. It's alright if you're not ready to talk. I have two women who would give you the love that I never had if you need it. I got weed. I got money.

Just don't have you bro. A friend. And everyone needs a friend. Humanity must contain 'friend'.

Tell me more about the BA ratio my friend.

Just call me. I've already invited you in to my life.

What grander a gesture could I make beyond this weird Veeky Forums meta-conversation we've been having?

I don't care about your name. But mine is Simon.

If only you stopped thinking of yourself as less than. Remove that operator.

Unfortunately I do not have your digits (I don't lurk much these days), but I would love to email you. Hit me up at [email protected] and I will give you my real email.

people of respected charisma and intelligence, as a rule, have friends.

Or you could just have my real one anyway.

[email protected]

or [email protected] if you are still scared for some reason.

Nobody has stopped me so far.

What's stopping you? Sure as shit not me.

Oh, I have "friends." I have many many "friends." They flock to socialize with me and invite me to spend time with them. I mean actual friends, who understand the core of my being.

*shrug* then nobody will understand my core, and I will find you a friend anyway.

I will remain a process until suffering is removed.

:)

Well I sent you an email, I look forward to getting to know you better. Thank you for existing.

No.

Thank you.

Hello. Simonaioenfjnr;elrkelaergjnsvst48q

It's a shitposting bot apparently.

Aren't we all? Culture is an emergent phenomenon of a massive amount of shitposting from a massive amount of bots.

I don't converse with bots.