Homebrew

There wasn't one going. What have you cu/cks/ been brewing? This is a pomegranite melomel at 3 months. Nothing but honey and pomegranite juice. Probably the best mead I've made.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/product/B004FE9J4A/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1
amazon.com/gp/product/B0001CXUHW/ref=od_aui_detailpages04?ie=UTF8&psc=1
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Cranberry melomel right here. Getting the honey was a bit of a hassle.

I moved to a new part of the state and none of the brew stores carry honey out here. Had to go to a downtown boutique honey store.

Luckily they had decent prices at 8$ a lb

>8 USD/lb

Wow, just wow. Try to hook up with a local honey grower. I get mine for $135/5 gallons up the street. 1 gallon = 12 lbs.

Cranberry melomel is cool. How long have you had it going?

Wrong board dunkass

I usually brew in a frosty jacks bottle, venting out every morning and then drinking the still brewing mess in about a week.

Its fucking lethal by 2 weeks.

I just bottled my fig wine and was about to try it when I broke my fucking leg and had to move home from the dormitory. Well it'll be all matured when I get back there, I hope.

Did a date-wheat that was supposed to be a summer-chugging beer but came out really hot. Never modified the recipe to account for all the sugar in the dates. Let it sit and it turned into a hell of a winter warmer.
Helped a buddy with an 'egg-nog' stout that tastes like getting punched with a fist full of cloves.
1-1 for the last few months ain't awful I guess.

Just racked my mango melomel! It smells and tastes good so far. It's fermenting pretty slowly, but i'm happy to see how it turns out. Worth the wait!

That should be interesting. Make sure you let it completely clear. Will it be sweet or dry? My pomegranite is a dry mead, but you really get the essence of honey in the smell and flavor.

My last was pineapple and it cleared very well, but was super yellow at the end still

I prefer mine dry, but it's always easy to add a tbs of simple syrup before serving to sweeten for guests/if i've got a sweet tooth

Forgot pic related

Nice.

New fag, how do

What are you talking about? There are routinely homebrew threads on Veeky Forums.

For my first batch of hard apple cider I put 5g, 10g, and 23g of yeast in three 1 gallon apple juice jugs and left it alone for 18 days.

They all had an ABV of ~3.8%-4% but the jugs with more yeast look very cloudy. They all taste the same, but the 5g jug looks much more appealing.

juice:
amazon.com/gp/product/B004FE9J4A/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

yeast:
amazon.com/gp/product/B0001CXUHW/ref=od_aui_detailpages04?ie=UTF8&psc=1

formula I used:
(OG - FG) * 131 = ABV

OG = original gravity (control jug)
FG = final gravity
ABV = alcohol by volume

(1.0465 - 1.0170) * 131 = 3.8645%

new to Veeky Forums, interested, how do

Apple cider, brewed in the bottle
OG 1.063
FG 1.009

8.14% ABV
Not bad tasting to be honest family
It took a week and a half

Take yeast
Add honey
Shake real good
Wait
?????
PROFIT

I'm only half-kidding, mead is extremely easy. Add some stuff like lemon juice or raisins in after you've shaken everything so the yeast has something to eat during the first steps of fermentation, and if you don't have an airlock you can duct tape a balloon with holes poked in it over top of whatever you're using.

Damn, fermented out nice. What kind of yeast did you use?

add 5 grams of yeast to a gallon bottle of apple juice with a little bit of juice poured out

unscrew the lid so air can go out

wait a week

BAM and your done

I've also been fooling around with sake lately. I start with the aspergillus oryzae spores and steamed rice incubated at 86F for 48 hours. Then mix with steamed rice, water and champagne yeast and ended up with this beauty. Tastes pretty damn good too. I'm intrigued enough that I'm going to get some sake yeast and try another batch.

Pretty simple really. Fruit juice or other forms of sugar with yeast added will produce alcohol. Try a gallon of juice without chemicals added and add 5 grams champagne yeast. Put a balloon on top of the jug and let go for a couple weeks. If you like it and see the potential, start researching how you can improve the process for quality.

I actually don't know, it came with the kit i bought which has the lids in it also, here it's called oztops but in the states there's a similar product called EZ-caps