Why does Veeky Forums like their chicken well done and tasteless?

Why does Veeky Forums like their chicken well done and tasteless?

Who else prefers chicken tartare?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Control_of_fire_by_early_humans#Uses_of_Fire_by_Early_Humans
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I've never had chicken tartare but I'd imagine getting high enough quality chicken to safely consume it would be cost-prohibitive for most people.

Cooking chicken breast to 150 degrees for a few minutes results in a pretty juicy chicken.

What the fuck is going on?

It's been like /tv/ 24/7 the past week here.

Where are you that you would even consider eating chicken like this? In the states, our chicken is too nasty and covered in poop.

That is literally the nastiest thing I have ever seen on Veeky Forums

The legitimate reason is it is winter break.

It's not the salmonella thing that bothers me, it's the texture. I look at OP's pic and am actually revolted at the idea of eating that.

My brother-in-law is Japanese and him and my sister would occasionally eat chicken sashimi in Japan. Disgusting.

Winter break was back before thanksgiving until after Christmas user.

This.

Lived in JP. Undercooked abounds. Texture no bueno. Sukiyaki meat dipped in raw egg, though? Sign me up muthafucka.

Lmao no matter where you live, you're getting salmonella

Nah, undercooked chicken makes me throw up and I don't throw up easily. My body rejects it because it's obviously poison.

literally nothing wrong with rare chicken, the pathogens aren't inside the muscle, they are on the surface just like beef

IT'S FUCKING RAW

Shit. I must be a fucking miracle 5 times over. Call the fucking pope, y'all. My immune system is divine constitution incarnate!

Not to mention both posts were dubs. So by rights it's truth.
Japan. Carefully regulated import of livestock. Extremely low rabies, salmonella and much much more!

>meat
>poison

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Control_of_fire_by_early_humans#Uses_of_Fire_by_Early_Humans

back to Africa retard

Mid rare is the perfect doneness for chicken.

no thanks. i prefer being alive.

Imagine how disgustingly chewy that would be.

do you though?

Medium rare for me.

Really though, I was trying to teach my nephew, he's about 15, how to pan fry chicken breasts. Something relatively simple, I thought. When I told him how long to cook he said "that's way too long" and just pulled them out half way through. I was trying to explain that he could fucking DIE if he didn't wait the proper amount of time he said "I like it better when it's chewy anyway". I had to take the pan and chicken breasts away after that.

Some people.

i guess you've never paid a visit to /b/

I had this last time I went to Japan. It's not as much about amazing flavor as it is a way to show off high quality ingredients.
The following is flash-cooked(essentially raw) chicken liver, gizzard, breast, and thighs.(sorry for the screen cap).

Mid winter vacation. There are 2 winter breaks dude.

>Raw chicken

How the fuck do you deal with the texture though?

>raw chicken parts served on a bed of sliced raw onions

Get your shit together japan. Dont make us nuke you a third time.

that is most likely diakon radish.
moron

Abroad In Japan has a chicken sashimi video on Youtube, it doesn't look particularly appetising.
Whilst I was there I didn't bother with it.
I sure as shit wouldn't try it now I'm home.

Actually, if memory servers me correctly, I think it was onions. But a funny dialogue no less

I think there are some (((restaurant chefs))) telling everyone to overcook your chicken because it's what they have to do because of regulations.

You can just marinade them in vodka, that will clean up any salmonella you might have

I've been posting about how great of a board Veeky Forums is in /tv/ Ramsay threads. I will ruin this board. It's payback for the humiliation I've been dealt by the users of this stupid board.

really?

Shut the fuck up.
It's obvious that during the meeting the other day Asia moot told mods to lift the quality of the boards but this isn't the way to do it.