What would happen if you had your hand soaking in a bowl of water continuously for several years...

What would happen if you had your hand soaking in a bowl of water continuously for several years? I illustrated just in case you were confused.
Has anyone ever done this? Should I do this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DB4SkfgvQ98
youtube.com/watch?v=l7iVsdRbhnc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It'll get bloated, ultimately.
You would most likely damage it.

I imagine your flesh would neatly slide off the bone when you pull your hand out. It's such a gradual process that it probably wouldn't even be very painful.

Super trench foot, hand edition

it would develop scales

Cells would start to die after being submerged for 8 hours

Believe it or not, this is actually how fish evolved

That's bullshit but I believe it.

Checkmate christfags

Trench hand you idiot

Your hand would absorb all the water into your body and you would die of water poisoning.

You would evolve to have really dry hands so it cancels out

youtube.com/watch?v=DB4SkfgvQ98

It would look exactly like your picture.

the water would dry out

That can't be right

People stay almost fully submerged for 20 to 24 hours swimming across the English Channel

English Channel is of comparable salinity to the human body.

Doesn't really matter, because
1. Nothing says the water in the bowl can't be also.
2. Skin is actually almost impenetrable by water, unless damaged. The wrinking you see after a bath? Turns out it's a neurological response rather than simple soaking, since it was found that a patient with damaged nerves never got wrinkly skin from water on the afflicted hand (but he did on his other one). So there'll probably be some skin peeling after a while, but no significant fluid exchange or penetration.

HE ONCE HELD AN OPPONENT'S WIFE'S HAND
IN A JAR OF ACID
AT A PARTY
youtube.com/watch?v=l7iVsdRbhnc

I can't believe i'm talking about that champagne I vomited while I was changing my brother's diapers

Severely underrated, fucking kek

it would be extremely painful

None of these cowards got no heart

you'd piss yourself every time you fell asleep

You'll be fine, the skin of humans is not much different from other aquatic mammals.

If the water is cleaned and replaced regularly and you didn't keep your hand lifelessly still, probably nothing besides it being super mega wrinkled and it being possibly painfully sensitive.

i like that