Favorite paring knife like this? I'm looking for a straighter blade and a higher angle on the handle...

Favorite paring knife like this? I'm looking for a straighter blade and a higher angle on the handle, I want to be able to get flush against the cutting board when chopping small veggies. I have the victorinox paring knife and you pretty much can't press it flat so you have to drag it through whatever you're cutting

Other urls found in this thread:

windmuehlenmesser.de/produkt/k2-pflaume/
japonika.fr/)
m.surlatable.com/product/PRO-1669027/Miyabi Evolution Rocking Santoku?utm_referrer=direct/not provided
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>paring knife
>cutting board relevant fucking ever
Maybe learn how to use knives properly before worrying about the particulars?

quit flexing your autism at me and be useful

dumbass

I am. I'm telling you that you don't use paring knives on a cutting board, but in the hand. I'm telling you to learn how to use your knife so that you don't waste money on buying a new knife to compensate for your ignorance. There's an entire kitchen gadget market that exploits people like you; don't play into it.

Fine, "small vegetable chopping knife" then, you fucking autist. rather than answer the sentiment of a question, you latch onto random semantic inaccuracies like a gleeful faggot. I clearly mentioned chopping vegetables, how am I going to do that in my hand. great life skills dude

chef knife

I can only see using a pairing knife for peeling, a chefs nice is easier, for me at least, and most any other situation.

I think what you might be looking for is a smaller utility knife, you can also look at some petty knives

You need three knifes. A paring knife, a chef's knife and a serrated knife.

Use your chef's knife for vegetables not a fucking pairing one.

Any other knife should be looked at as convenience. Tomato knife, fillet knife, etc. I personally find a good chef's knife best for almost every vegetable.

You don't peel on a cutting board.

Maybe something like this op?
www(dot)chefknivestogo.com/katk12pe.html

I have a good knife set already, I am looking for this specific style of small knife for cutting small things like garlic, shallots, chives, etc. Chef knife obviously works for these, I just desire to do it another way

this is pretty close, I think I would still prefer a higher angle on the handle though so the arm movement would be more of a downward push than a chop

apparently it's a pretty common misconception that to cut small things or cut thing small, you need a small knife

>this is pretty close, I think I would still prefer a higher angle on the handle though so the arm movement would be more of a downward push than a chop

Santoku

I drew you guys a pictures. Does this exist?

That's a scalpel.

This fits what you're looking for but it's a boning knife. www(dot)chefknivestogo.com/makoho15.html

yeah the profile is about right, quite large though. thanks for the direction anyhow

protip: you cannot ask knife questions on Veeky Forums and get useful information unless you are literally starting from a blank slate and don't even know how to boil ramen

you'll either get condescending and useless replies that completely ignore the question, like "HURR IT'S THE SHARPENING THAT MATTERS", or autists will argue with some typo in your post and screech autistically until the entire thread is about something else

take this to cheftalk or something

user, the knives you have described wil be pretty useless for your purposes. Either you learn how to use a real chef's knife properly or you could look at some knives from Herder Windmühlenmesser. They have some pretty unusual knives on offer, like some reall ydainty santokus which would be much better suited for the purpose you specified. Like this baby here - dainty and nimble 11 cm blade, high performance carbon steel, handground ultra thin geometry:

windmuehlenmesser.de/produkt/k2-pflaume/

Yoshihiro VG-10 16 layer 5.3" Petty knife (bottom one). fucking top, albeit a wee bit expensive. Razor sharp from the factory, comfortable to work with (I have medium size hands)

>Petty knife
yup, plenty of petty knives would fit OPs bill.

Though for a good one you're looking to spend at least $80-100, and $200+ for one like pic related.

Don't get a honesuki that was recommended ITT, that's for a very specific purpose.

Keep your Victorinox just for in-hand work, if you want something that you can both do in-hand work and some light board work together you want a 150mm petty.

For a board petty (utility) knife, you'd have to go for something 165-180mm that has decent knuckle clearance. If you want even more knuckle clearance I'd suggest a small gyuto (180mm-190mm). But if you don't already have a gyuto I'd honestly suggest just going all out and grabbing a 210-240mm. It'll handle pretty much all tasks you throw at it.

For the flat profile you're looking for I'd definitely stay Japanese. You ready for my god-tier recommendation? A bunka. Most have very flat profiles and killer tips for detail work. It will excel at smaller things but will still be able to handle larger veg work.

Misuzu has something you're looking for in pic related (from japonika.fr/)

Get a Miyabi Rocking Santoku.
m.surlatable.com/product/PRO-1669027/Miyabi Evolution Rocking Santoku?utm_referrer=direct/not provided