Will Burger King ruin Popeyes the same way they ruined Burger King?

Will Burger King ruin Popeyes the same way they ruined Burger King?
* Focus menu around viral marketing gimmicks.
* Cheaper garbage french fries.
* Smaller pieces of chicken like KFC
* Stripped down menu, bigger focus on sides, less on chicken.
Srsly, this shit is sad. Worse that CEO probably thinks he is some badass when he has completely destroyed what was once the greatest fast food restaurant.

Wtf are you talking about

Burger King is acquiring the Popeyes franchise.

wait, what's wrong with burger king?
for a fast food chain, i'd say it's top of the line (at least in my country)

What's wrong with Burger King? It added a lot of garbage meme food recently but if I had to make the sad choice between a whopper or a Big Mac I'd go with the whopper any day. Popeyes is probably cheapen it's quality and gonna suck now though

>One shitshow acquired another shitshow - will that make their shitshow more shitty?

>Hue hue hue hue

Kys fucking faggot

How did Tim Hortons fare after getting bought out? I haven't been to one since the merger.

>smaller pieces of chicken like KFC
What country are you in? Because here in the good ol' US of A, KFC is more likely to have the giant mutant chicken pieces while Popeyes tends to have more reasonably(i.e. less science fiction-like) sized chicken. Massive chicken pieces freak me out; chickens are not large animals.

Burger king hasn't been good since they changed the price of the whopper Jr and changed the fries. Whopper Jr's for a buck used to be so dam good. Even whopper Jr's now taste completely different from what I remembered. I miss the old days.

Tims was always shit. They introduce a lot of newer items now, like wraps, loaded wedges and different soups, but I have never tried them because second cup always has better coffee

You're getting awful mad about two garbage tier fast food places that only poor people eat at

Pro tip: Popeyes already sucks.

Stringy, chewy chicken is never appealing.

>only poor people eat at Burger King and Popeyes
That's ridiculous. The entire middle class, including upper middle class, eats at these places. Only blue blood WASPs and snot-nosed hippy types avoid fast food. Even rich old Jews will eat fast food, because it's cheap.

>Only blue blood WASPs and snot-nosed hippy types avoid fast food.
You are so disconnected from reality. Stop trying to justify your unhealthy habit

No, you're fucking stupid, or a shill

Only poors and niggers day fast food

Do Cletuses, LeShawns, and Juans eat more fast food than regular people? Absolutely. But to suggest that the middle class never eats fast food is an absurdity.

That varies by region. In the Midwest and South it seems like everyone eats fast food. In the Northeast the middle class seems pretty prejudiced against it. Concerned parents here seem to think letting your kids eat fast food is just a step short of child abuse. And I've seen the same attitude on the West Coast.

I've never lived on a coast, so I wouldn't know. I'm basing it entirely off of living in large Midwestern cities and rural suburbs.

I really hope Popeyes doesn't go to shit, they still have the best fried chicken of the franchises

LA here. There are too many good, affordable alternatives to fast food out here. I havent personally gone to McD, burger king, Carls, Jack in the box in easily over a year. That doesnt mean im a snob, i eat shitty sometimes. Theres just 1000 restaurants on every corner that are better than regular fast food. That might not be the case in all midwest citites

That "regular guy" mentality in the Midwest results in the middle class there eating foods that would be considered poorfag tier on the coasts. Once you get to the coast the middle class isn't feeding their kids tater tots and soda.

YumBrands is in it for the money, obviously so was Popeyes. Profitable businesses with room for expansion don't sell out...ever.

I'm hoping, just due to supply chain issues with the acquisition, that they start selling popeye's chicken out of Burger Kings. Way better than the shit chicken they serve now.

Probably a pipe dream though.

Nyc here, I generally prefer BK to McDonald's because when it's good it blows them out of the water, but there are some pretty shit locations.
Generally I rarely go though because there are just so many great local cheap places that it feels like a waste

This is a thing. Living in NYC it's hard to bring yourself to eat at a chain place because there are so many better options for the same $.

>only poor people eat at
Burger King is more expensive than McDonalds. A few years ago, there was even a bunch of discussion floating around about how their advertising was hurting them because it was targeted at college students, who usually don't have the money to buy their food regularly. Popeyes also isn't very cheap compared to most fast food places.

Always go to Bubbas Burgers before a Yankee game. Nevermind the neighborhood...the nogs are a hologram.

Only rural and suburban retards voted for Trump

Burger King's fries are amazing though, as long as their fresh.

The second they cool down, though, they become cold garbage.

>The second they cool down, though, they become cold garbage.
That's a thing with most fast food - you have to wolf it down before it starts to congeal. If you eat it slowly is gets progressively more disgusting.

McDonalds is good hot or cold, maybe even better cold. The nuggs are the only thing on the menu that need to be piping

I hate McDonald's fries. So many of them are the sharp-ended edge pieces that are crunchy and unpleasant.

literally everything from mcdonalds belongs in the trash hot or cold

Coastie here, this is spot on. Anyone saying otherwise is an RPing hipster numale who resents that he was born in flyover country

You belong in the trash, hot or cold

This website for some reason hates BK but really the only bad thing on the menu are their chicken nugget like items. Their fries aren't as good as McD but they are definitely better than Wendy's

Mcdonalds in the morning is busy
BK has no activity whatsoever

I dont understand why everyone gets hung up on BK fries when their onion rings are little crispy circles of magic

Because they are chips of onions molded into rings and even if they were actual onion rings, bread crumb coated onion rings are always bad

I see what you're saying, and maybe you should kill yourself.

>blue blood WASPs and snot-nosed hippy types
so, like, over half the middle class