I want to become a vegetarian for personal reasons but I'm worried about protein intake

I want to become a vegetarian for personal reasons but I'm worried about protein intake.

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/grabaeleni/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>vegetarian for personal reasons
You're probably already getting enough protein from all the semen you swallow.

Rice, beans, quinoa, dairy, eggs, and protein powder (either pea or whey).

You can't really get enough protein to add muscle mass as a vegetarian, unless you eat ridiculous amounts.

Beans, whey shakes, mushrooms, nuts etc

if you drink 50ml of cum every day you will be fine

eat soy, youre tits gonna be huge

Duly noted

eggs, milk, beans
gg

FPBP

If he wants to become a veghead for "personal reasons", he already is consuming AT LEAST that much

they have vegetarian protein powder.

what if the semen is from a meat eater

hemp seed

There is literally nothing wrong with being a vegetarian.

Protein is easy. Just eat a bunch of beans or nuts. Hell, 2000 calories of potato has 40-50 grams of protein.

Or, learn to make seitan. Isn't that had. Pic related, slice of some seitan I made (the slice had roughly 40g of protein in it)

these are tasty, but also super expensive and pretty low tier protein for how much fat you get with them.

tofu is good. legumes are better. seitan or TVP are probably best.

Here's a similar pork style one

I saw this thread and wanted to post the same thing but even before I opened it, I was pretty sure someone would have already posted it.

So vegetarians can eat eggs and dairy? what?

>2000 calories of potato has 40-50 grams of protein.
brb eating THIRTEEN POTATOES

T. Massive Faggot

yeah, dude, vegetarian != vegan.
Vegetarians just don't eat meat (some eat fish). Vegans don't eat any animal products at all.

My point is that if you're eating enough calories, it's pretty hard to get too little protein, unless you're trying to build muscle or something that requires more protein than normal. I average 80-100g/day on a vegan diet, mostly because I eat a lot of beans and cook lots of seitan/roasted tofu.

Pic related - chart of vegetarian protein sources + meat for reference, organized on y-axis by protein per calorie and on the x-axis by protein per gram.

Vegetarians don't eat fish, that's pescetarians.

Well that isn't too bad. It kinda makes sense from an ethical standpoint.

Try eating 13 potatoes in one day faggot.

>Try eating 13 potatoes in one day faggot.

Again, my point is that regardless of what you eat, unless it's cassava or something, you'll probably get enough protein. Even if all you ate was potato, and potato isn't known for being high in protein.

If you look at the chart I posted, potato is one of the worst things on there. But, for comparison, some types of bread are higher in protein by weight/calorie than oscar mayer wieners, green peas are similar to 2% milk, lentils are similar to poached eggs, tempeh is comparable to 80% lean ground beef, tofu (especially pressed) is between that and steak, seitan can have more protein by calorie and weight than tenderloin, etc.

>potato is one of the worst things on there

and ironically the only complete veg protein besides soy.

>Again, my point is that regardless of what you eat, unless it's cassava or something, you'll probably get enough protein. Even if all you ate was potato, and potato isn't known for being high in protein.
I don't know about you, but I need more than 20 grams of protein a day. you limp-wrist.

Who said 20?

Quinoa is also. If you're combining foods then it's trivial to get complete proteins: rice and beans, seitan made with soy sauce, hummus and pita, ezekiel bread, peanut butter sandwich, etc.

In reality, if you eat a varied diet, you will get enough of all essential amino acids over the course of a day that you're not going to have any problems.

Potato is about 9% protein by calorie, so if you ate 2000 calories of potato then you would end up with about 45 grams of protein, not 20.

If, on the other hand, you eat a balanced diet that averages 15-20% protein, that is 75-100g protein.

For reference:
* sweet corn and quinoa are both about 15% protein by calorie
* in the 15-20% range are most nuts/seeds (many of which are more protein dense per gram than eggs).
* Chickpeas are 20%; kidney, black, and lima beans 25%
* green peas ~27%
* tempeh is on average around 35%
* tofu about 43%
* seitan and TVP are 60%+

etc

how many potatoes are you suggesting i eat in a day?

>Potato is about 9% protein by calorie, so if you ate 2000 calories of potato then you would end up with about 45 grams of protein, not 20.
2000 calories is 13 potatoes. you would probably throw up eating that much.

Potatoes are tasty, why not have some?

I don't eat that many potatoes, though I do get 80g+ of protein a day on average.

Pic related, dinner from the other night: bean and seitan chili + cornbread + fried tomatillos

Do you make your own seitan? Is it as messy as working with regular bread dough? I always hated that shit.

suck cock
that's what all vegetarians do

13 potatoes is equivalent to 6.1 pounds of potatoes bud. you're not eating that many potatoes in a day.

Who says you need to eat nothing but potatoes? I'm just saying that as long as your food on average has more protein than potato, you're golden. Even if your food on average had the protein content of potato, you wouldn't become sick from it.

Yeah, I do. It's not *that* messy, but I make everything from scratch anyway (including nondairy butter), so my threshold for messy might be different.

Basically, my method is:

1. Make a slurry (pressed tofu, mashed potato, pureed beans, etc, + water + soy sauce + olive oil)
2. Mix gluten flour, seasonings, etc, separately
3. Pour slurry into flour mixture, mix until it comes together, then knead on a surface floured with gluten (I'm careful kneading so the flour doesn't get off the cutting board) for however long it takes, let it rest midway so it hydrates completely
4. Cook* and then let it chill overnight in marinade (chilling in marinade is extremely important to texture)

* For cooking, usually I either wrap in cheesecloth and steam, or wrap in foil like a tootsie pop, bake, and then simmer in stock). You can get fancy and try frying the outside to get a better skin, pic related

This one is fried chicken-style seitan out of Seitan and Beyond. It is actually fibrous when you break it, but I can't be bothered to convert to webm of the correct size.

Scooby is a fucking vegetarian you know-nothing moron.

>Making pretend meat

If you're that desperate for meat, why not eat meat? Just admit you like meat. Why is this hard?

I love meat, I just don't want to eat it for ethical reasons and I have the self control to settle for other things.

These substitutes may not be quite the same thing, but the longer I've gone without meat, the less I can even remember what I'm missing.

Why does this get asked in every vegetarian thread.

It only gets asked when vegetarians make pretend-meat substitutes like and it gets asked because it's obvious they just want to eat meat. So why not just do it?

dat bitch look young in all the right places and old in all the right places

hoo dis

Then they won't belong to an exclusive club that their favorite women's talk show host or pop singer promotes.

The question was answered. And it is always the same answer. It's such a simple concept.

>So why not just do it?

see:
I don't do everything I want, because I have a sense of ethics that tells me not to do some things. For example, I really want to murder you with an axe right now, but I know murder is wrong.

You both do realise that "So why not just do it?" was a rhetorical restating of the original question used as an exclamatory remark?

>ha ha I was only pretending to ask a question

i wish to snorkel her butt in a purely vegan sense.

So you _didn't_ realise that? I asked the question in already. OP answered with . was a response to who was, you know, asking a question. Why would I ask the same question again and expect a different response? That's still. You're being silly.

I hate women. They're attention whores.

Well plants might have grown on the carcass of meat
circle of life

All these sheep. Same people posting in the alcoholism and why are you fat threads? Lel.

who also eat chicken pork and turkey...

though the bible doesn't treat fish as animals does it? which is why fish is often cited

the guy on top, it's literally impossible to be that muscular and lean without PEDs
"natural" body builders just mean they aren't on shit at the time of the competition, so he just cycles off before the regular ones do

>Scooby is a fucking vegetarian
>implying Scooby is natty

Technically no bodybuilder is "natty". Even if they just use vitamins, it isn't conventional food, ergo not natural.

This is the only proper response to a thread like this.

double digit iq

I assume you're talking about the meatheads that typically frequent gyms. In that case, I agree.

nah im talking about you

who is this semen demon

In which case: I'm rubber, you're glue. Whatever you say bounces off of me and gets stuck to you.

autistic virgin too

Just eat eggs and dairy here and there m8, you don't even have to do it very often, let's say a meal based on one of those once a week

my new pic for /mlb/ generals

This made me laugh.

>>>/reddit/

Well, go ahead if you feel you belong there :^)

So much this.

instagram.com/grabaeleni/

Eat lots of beans.

She dresses like that to work at a fucking coffee shop? Where do I find an establishment like this?

this bitch has slept with over a dozen men and has caught as many STDs

Who actually worries about their protein intake? lol

why are you surprised?

I already eat 6 eggs per day as a non vegetarian. I'd lose all my gains if I had that little protein.

It looks like she references the coffee shop on the instagram page. It's a gross-looking establishment in seattle, looks like a good way to get norovirus

nuts and eggs

>gains
>vegetarian
Stop. You go vegetarian if you want to look like a swimmer at most.

>implying there is anything wrong with looking like a swimmer
>implying you don't look like a hamplanet

I'm not even vegetarian but I have nothing but respect for those who go that route

You're the first one saying there's anything wrong with it, m8

>respectig vegetarians

Why? I can see not thinking about them one way or another, but respect them? C'mon, that sounds ridiculous.

Who's that semen demon?

"At most" implies that being a fat fuck "powerlifter" [sic] is somehow better
Vegetarianism is the morally superior way of life. It's just way the fuck too much work for me so I don't do it. Gotta pick your battles.

>"At most" implies that being a fat fuck "powerlifter" [sic] is somehow better
No, it implies that that's his goal, which it obviously is looking at his post. If you look closer at my post that you first whined to, you'll notice the word gains in there.

Please spend a few seconds thinking before you start your rant.

>No, it implies that that's his goal

Really? "Gains" implies being a fucking ham planet? Like achieving a body like this one is somehow not "gains"?

Are you one of those retarded females who thinks that looking in the general direction of a barbell is going to instantly give you a Ronnie Coleman body?

No, gains implies being a body builder, not being swimmer-built, which is typically a lot skinnier.

Now go change your tampon already.

Most meat replacement products have proven to have higher amounts of said crucial sources. As a vegetarian there isn't much to worry about, but you could always buy multivitamins if you're starting to worry.

post a pic of ur gut

post your tits first

The moving goalposts game. Spoken like a true armchair fitness enthusiast
>whaddya mean I'm fat? Being fit is for nu-males! Cardio kills ur gainz
This is you

This.
Meat ain't the best protein source.
Most vegs have more protein/kg than red meat.
Just google around a bit, the protein is a meme.

>moving goalposts
m8, the entire point of that post was to tell the guy he isn't going to get far with his current plan, which is perfectly true, and had absolutely nothing to do with you. Your sidetrack is completely irrelevant.

>most meat replacement sources
I think you need to be a little more specific on that, some retards here think a mushroom burger is a "meat replacement product" whereas I am sure you are referring to something more like vegasport powder, which, while being a complete protein for sure, is more of a supplement than a meat replacement.