My scientific life

>be a science major (physics)
>meet a hot girl
>find out she is a philosophy major
> I start talking about quantum mechanics
>she interrupts me, to say that all science is nothing more than power relations
Am i too dumb for philosophy, which is why I am in science?

>I try to humble brag on her that I know about QM
>she BTFO me by humble bragging about her knowledge

In the end, at least you two share one thing in common: a frail ego.

I mean she wanted to know what i was studying, so i didn't just bring it up to brag

>she just wanted u to shut up
>doesnt care about physics

physicists masterrace.

why don't you just let her step on your balls with her heels.

You'd probably like that you submissive cuck boy.

Well if hes white then he never really had a chance.

Everything about the bbc is just so damm superior, even the required length for breeding.

>Am i too dumb for philosophy, which is why I am in science?

I would even say that a rock is too smart for philosophy.

Philosophy majors are people who went into an intro to logic class in the mathematics department in the first few classes they were like
>Wow! Turning statements into propositions is so cool. I feel so deep usin this notation and then proving tautologies!

But then they failed and immediately go join the logic class that no one can fail: the philosopy logic class. Where every argument is arguably right in some fucking made up context.

What are power relations?

>>meet a hot girl
>>find out she is a philosophy major
0/10

>tautologies
this.

philosophers do plenty of symbolic logic

In the time of Pythagoras and the likes, Philosophy is a respected major because they who study Philosophy also study Math and Physics.
Nowadays, Philosophy is a circle jerk party of people who are not good enough to do Math/Physics but not artistic enough to do arts.

this has nothing to do with science

are you implying mathematical logic is harder than philosophical logic?

I'm implying that philosophical logic is garbage even a dog could get a PhD in.

Philosophy doesn't even have axioms ffs nor do they have a framework in which they can play around with axioms while still keeping the core idea intact.

It is literally: Ehh, I have this opinion, Let me formalize it.

ah two pretentious people hanging out with each other always trying to one up the other

I have to take two philosophy classes this semester to fulfill gen-eds. Everything sounds like a Jaden Smith tweet, and I think I had a stroke during class this morning.

You just went to a shit school m8. Some schools have some pretty fuckin dope philosophy departments filled with >130iq geniuses.

I took a philosophy class as an elective back in freshman year, the professor has a masters in physics and did research but decided to switch to poly sci and philosophy because it interested him. He was one of those people that is so intelligent they're kind of intimidating.

Iam a Philosophy major and these threads always make me feel bad. Because its true I wasn't smart enough for Physics and Math.

>power relations

That's what retards say when they don't want to actually argue

>she interrupts me, to say that all science is nothing more than power relations
That's what you get for dating a philosopher grill. I hope you dropped her, because sex is all about power relations and thus inheritly rape for people like that.

>sophists have taken over philosophy

If you start talking about quantum mechanics in any other context than criticism, you are a popsci peasant

what does it even mean in this context, lol.

She was brainwashed by the post-modernists, user. You're lucky she was clear about it, you could be dating a maniac who thinks the concept of truth is outdated.

Correct me if I'm wrong(I'm not a physics guy) but aren't some parts of quantum mechanics used in ordinary household objects? I'd argue that moves it out of the realm of popsci. Specific parts of QM, sure, but not all of it.

I don't get this meme at all Veeky Forums.

I mean, philosophy is way more than the last 30 years of post-structuralism and language games.

It's a rich tradition that just in the West spans at least 2300 years, and has a lot more to say than "no u" to everything, and yet you guys find it intelligent to reduce it to such.

>proving tautologies!
It could be argued (with some bad faith) that math is nothing but aligning tautologies in the right order to prove more tautologies. It doesn't make it any less complicated.

>Where every argument is arguably right in some fucking made up context.
But it's true tho. That's why even parsing natural language is so complicated, whereas for things like predicate calculus, we can parse and assess the truth of propositions. Natural language is full of imperfections, imprecisions, polysemy, which is what makes it interesting and also very complicated.
Here's a Von Neumann quote: "If people do not believe that mathematics is simple, it is only because they do not realize how complicated life is."

i hope Ur up to date on your vaccines brah

At my school, my math teacher teaching my into to proofs class is also teaching a philosophy class. His background is in logic. The two fields are intimately related.

this is not the question you should be asking yourself
the correct question is, are her tits big enough for you?

>be a applied math major
>meet a hot girl
>find out she's an artist
>i start talking about Hamiltonian mechanics
>she's actually impressed, after trying to explain it to her as best as i can

>some dude walks up and tells her about poisson manifolds
>she fellates him in front of you

>It could be argued (with some bad faith) that math is nothing but aligning tautologies in the right order to prove more tautologies.

wrong. If this were true there'd be a general algorithm for proof construction.

Me 2. I thought I was the only brainlet

Can't find it on the innernet

If someone brings up such a term then simply ask wtf that's even supposed to mean. Most of the time it turns out to be nothing but an empty phrase. And if not you learned a new meaningful term.

im pretty sure she masturbates reading nietzsche and foucault