Why do all the scientists live in California ?

Why do all the scientists live in California ?

That's where the 'money' is.

wew lad you only make 60k/year? hahahaha I make 100k/year, but let's not talk about cost of living, quality of life, or any of that shit. I make more than you hahahaha

Depending on your specialty there are other places you can live in the US and make more than enough to save up for retirement.

Just ask and we might be able to point you in the right direction. What's your area or expertise?

California is the size of 2 states, has 3-4 good schools, is sunny and by the water, attracted a ton of people with gold rush then silicon rush, and now has a very unique funding situation.

I don't know if you are really into this race garbage too, but it also has a shit ton of Asians partly because it is one of the states that is closest to Asia and partly because of abused Chinese workers of the past. So, statistically, Asians perform better than most other ethnicities/races.

Are you thinking of Seattle, Portland, Austin, or Charlotte?

Because I think these are some of the fastest growing areas, and they are basically just rich Californians flooding the area and destroying the prices/culture.

>Austin

REEEEEE CALIFORNIANS GET OUT OUT. FUCK OFF BACK TO WHERE YOU CAME FROM, WE ARE FULL!

Actually greatest mathematicians are in Paris.

>scientists
>mathematicians

Paris still doesn't have pacific time.

I know, right? Mathematicans >> scientists.

>quality of life
Cali has the best quality of life among the states
Yeah the cost of living is high, but it isn't that much higher than other states like Maryland (which is where the good mathematics jobs are)
The difference being the quality of life, the quality of life in Maryland is trash compared to Cali

Definitely not. Mathematics is analogous to philosophy in many ways. As long as you choose certain axioms, you can arrive at almost any conclusion you want. I think this is why so many mathematicians believe in God.

On the other hand, physicists employ both logic and evidence. The conclusions are grounded in reality and are logically valid.

>Cali has the best quality of life among the states

No way. I lived in California and 4 other states.

Californians definitely do not have good quality of life. Homelessness was rampant, and those that had homes were living like cockroaches stuffed into sardine cans.

Where in cali? Ive lived in cali my whole life and besides the homeless comment, i dont agree.

There are homeless people in all states. LA is stupidly overpopulated though. Rent is crazy high near the city, even in shitty areas. I live a little over an hour from LA and you can have a house for what you'd pay for a shitty apartment near LA.

This is objectively false, the only place I can think of that is even compact is SF.
LA is a sprawl, San Diego is a sprawl, no where in Cali is 'compact'
>using homelessness as a metric for quality of life
user please, you realize most homeless are homeless due to their own failings and it is not reflected upon the quality of life experienced by normal people
He is just full of shit, probably lived in oakland or some shit

There are very few select places in the US with a better quality of life than cali and they are usually only individual cities rather than states overall

Even SF is pretty nice if you can afford it

So, the options are:

1. Live in a city like a cockroach (people were paying >$1000 for a "room" with bedsheets as walls)
2. Live outside of a city in a ghetto desert with 1 hour commutes

No thanks!

You all probably only have lived in California for your whole life so don't know the difference.

>what is flexibility
Sure, if you want to buy a family home as soon as you secure a six-figure job, that salary is going to go no farther than that of a comparable job anywhere else.

But if you choose to get shittier living accommodations, all of a sudden you have a fuckton more money to play with or save up. Especially considering that if you exclude housing, California's cost of living is only 20% more expensive than other cities, while salaries in high-tech jobs can be more than double in Cali than in other states.

Perfect if you're young and not planning to settle down yet.

alright you're shit posting now

>quality of life is based solely on the condition of residences
I've lived in Phoenix my whole life. Do you realize how shitty it is? Yes, you could have a mansion for the price of a hovel in California, but there's literally nothing to do if you're in the 18-30 age bracket.

There's a reason California is so expensive: it's one of the few desirable places to live for young professionals. You've got like-minded people to socialize with, and plenty of places to spend your money in.

>cockroach
Have you even been to a city outside of cali?
If you think you are living like a cockraoch in ANY cali city you are in for a rude awakening once you get to a place like DC, Philly, Chicago, or NY.
Your whole statement is pure retardation and smells of bullshit, if you think you are getting less than $1000 a month rent in ANY decent city you are delusional. Unless you live in the fucking ghettos with the blacks

Right now, I live in DC and I am counting down the days until I can go back to Cali, I am paying almost 2k a month to live near the metro, the metro that is full of violent blacks. Fuck this place, fuck this entire coast for that matter.
I have also traveled a great deal across the US and I have not found many places that can even compare to a place like SD.

The only really good places outside of cali to live are cozy small pop cities in New England, but there isn't a damn thing to do there.

>alright you're shit posting now

I am not.

I don't like the people that I met in California either. They were a bunch of superficial, fakes that didn't know anything existed outside of California.

Admittedly, I only lived in 2 cities in California. The state is huge, so I suppose there could be other cities that are more interesting.

From my experience living in California; from my experience living in other states; and from seeing the type of people California attracts, I really doubt it though.

To each their own.

Did you not even read my original post? I lived in 4 other states (big cities). They were great.

I don't know why anyone would want to live in DC though. That place is an overpriced shit-hole. I have never heard 1 person say anything good about DC. Sorry that you somehow found yourself living there.

>I have not found many places that can even compare to a place like SD

Admittedly, I have not lived in SD. That is the only area that I would be interested in trying if I moved back to California again.

My SO wants to move to California. I am trying to convince them to give SD a try, but they want to move to the bay. Maybe I will ditch the SO and try SD without them...

I assure you that the quality of any random Californian is better than any random person in whatever state's you have lived in.
Your posts are pure bullshit

you're retarded

>I assure you that the quality of any random Californian is better than any random person in whatever state's you have lived in.

You assure me from what exactly?! From your experience? As a Californian? With a holier-than-thou attitude that I am oh-so-familiar with and oh-so-fond of?

Sheesh. You all are the same. Rich, superficial snobs with fake demeanors that are oblivious to the rest of the world. Fuck that.

Thanks for the reminder and reality check. I was thinking about checking out SD but, if you are from there, then maybe not.

>You all are the same. Rich, superficial snobs with fake demeanors that are oblivious to the rest of the world.
Yeah, you're so much better with your sweeping generalizations of 40 million people.

>Yeah, you're so much better with your sweeping generalizations of 40 million people.

Good point. Point taken.