What would it be like to wake up one day with a double IQ? Let's say one alreadt has an above average IQ of 120...

What would it be like to wake up one day with a double IQ? Let's say one alreadt has an above average IQ of 120, how would that person percieve reality from that day?

The same as everyone else.

Instant suicidal depression

They probably would want to die after realizing that they work as a bouncer and are a loser despite having the world's highest IQ.

They would probably start to see patterns everywhere.

240 IQ is pretty smart dude

that's the point, how would perception of reality change from on day to the other

cool

I would imagine that they would set to work the constructs needed to further humanity's quest for knowledge.

They would be way smart, no doubt

itd be liek 2 people but in one person

b pretty cool

You'll realize that if you have an IQ of 240, there must be someone with an IQ of -40.

Do you think that a mind that is able to see metaphorical conections between very diferent things, and even between abstractions and concrete things (for example: "to dive in the bosom of the deep and pluck drowned honor by the locks", or "the star-eaten old blanket of the night"); do you thing that a mind that perceive such patters all the time is a somewhat gifted mind?

Maybe not the best metric. There are old tribal cultures and languages where lateral thinking including metaphors and other things are not just a feature of the language but a necessary component for intelligibility. Look up disfrasismo for an example.

Don't misunderstand, lateral thinking is incredibly valuable in human society. All I'm saying is that it's likely that all humans can obtain it with practice. For an analogy, consider that the ability to read and write don't make one a genius even though they are important and valuable abilities to have.

Read Flowers for Algernon ;_;

That's pretty much impossible to answer because so much goes into IQ that you can't determine its affect on you. What I mean is that you're basically saying "IQ(x,y,z)=120, describe [math]x_0, y_0, z_0[/math] where IQ([math]x_0, y_0, z_0[/math])=240" which can't be easily explained.

You're just capable of recognizing patterns twice as fast. Nothing else changes unless you were already predisposed to wanting to learn new things and you had the resources to make it happen.

Absolutely no idea what my IQ is. And don't really care. I prove I'm intelligent by doing shit with my life and publishing interesting papers. Not citing some dumbfuck number.

Apparently, you can double your IQ by working for Donald Trump... just ask him.

Thank you for your kind answer: you have a very clear perception of things.

Sort of. I was more getting at the fact that IQ tests measure your ability to recognise patterns.

Sounds like you're just scared of discovering that you're only slighty above average.

Yessss I'll finally be able to have my IQ in the triple digits

>tfw my IQ is modelled by the group Z/30Z
>wake up with 0 IQ because I forgot how to breathe mid dream
>Every conscious thought increases my IQ by 1
>If I think too much brain gets an overload and go back to square one
>Read this post
>was at IQ level 15
>IQ instantly doubles
>tfw

>metaphorical conections between very diferent things

>Metaphors

I love them.

I could behold
The antechapel where the statue stood 60
Of Newton with his prism and silent face,
The marble index of a mind for ever
Voyaging through strange seas of Thought, alone.

Unless you have an IQ of 160 you are only slighly above average.

133 brainlet

can we change the sticky image to this one?
also this

Actually doing shit with a slightly above average IQ is better than having a way above average IQ and doing nothing.
Obviously it's better to have the best of both, but you got my point.

i would have an iq of 165
nice nice nice

No one can have an IQ of 240 unless there were over 100 billion people.

It doesn't really indicate an absolute limit though