Can type 2 diabetes be considered a 'voluntary' disease?

Can type 2 diabetes be considered a 'voluntary' disease?

There are a lot of people that do not fit the stereotype in your picture that have developed diabetes as well.

No, OP, diabetes is not 'voluntary'.

Can alcoholism be considered a 'voluntary' disease?

Yes, absolutely. People choose to start drinking.

Yeah but they are an outlier, the majority of people with type 2 diabetes are 'self inflicted' diabetics

>Yeah but they are an outlier, the majority of people with type 2 diabetes are 'self inflicted' diabetics

Seems like this is turning into a garbagy conversation. Stick to the facts yo.

If you just want to create a fat hate thread, be more open about it. Next time just start it off like this,

> How many of you hate phat people?! I hate phat people!!! Argh! So angry! Phat make me angry! Argh!

>Type 2 diabetes is largely preventable. Studies have found that lifestyle changes and small amounts of weight loss in the range of 5-10% can prevent or delay the development of type 2 diabetes among high-risk adults. Lifestyle interventions including diet and moderate to intense physical activity (such as walking for 150 minutes per week) were used in these studies to produce small amounts of weight loss. The development of diabetes was reduced by 40% to 60% during these studies, which lasted three to six years

A healthy lifestyle reduces the risk of a ton of diseases.

yes

you made it pretty obvious you're a butthurt fat ass.

try again next time bud.

Yes but diet and lifestyle has a much more direct impact on t2 diabetes than most diseases. He's not comparing vague statistical links but direct physiological cause and effect.

t. Not OP

Let me be more specific, living healthy reduces risk but does not bring the risk down to 0%.

There are many non-fat people that have diabetes.

The majority of which are type 1, not type 2.

True, but I am pointing out that this whole thread is retarded. It's just a thinly veiled fat people hate thread. Of course being fat increases your chance for diabetes, and every fucking person already knows that. In fact, being fat increases your chances of developing lots and lots of diseases.

tldr; This thread is b8 for fat people h8.

Being obese is not a pre-requisite for getting diabetes; hence, diabetes is not a 'voluntary' disease...

Yes, you are correct in that assumption.

We are talking about Type 2, not Type 1 and didn't mention obesity.

>b8 for fat people h8.

Fatty enabler.

That book wasn't wrong

I have type 4 diabetes which is because I'm 70

In most cases, obesity is.

>In ALL cases, obesity is
FIFY

Brainlet

this is wrong.

See, here, I point out a simple fact,

>tldr; This thread is b8 for fat people h8.

But the problem is that the fat h8 lovers already started masterbating to all of the witty comments they were going to make and the gross fat people pictures they were going to post.

So, with blue balls and the thread slowly disappearing to page 4, there was only 1 solution.

Splooge!

>not understanding how right is

Diet cola xD

diabetes 2
not diabetes

>we live in the darkest timeline