I guess I'm a really, really slow poke, but there is a "new" PBS Studios channel all about math 'n shit...

I guess I'm a really, really slow poke, but there is a "new" PBS Studios channel all about math 'n shit. It's called Infinite Series.

Just sharing. If you guys have any other good autistic channels to share I'd like to check them out too.

youtube.com/channel/UCs4aHmggTfFrpkPcWSaBN9g

Is this what qualifies as marketing these days? Posting on Veeky Forums.

> Infinite Series

it's going to turn into a finite series wen pbs funding gets cut.

whats the joke

At first I didn't like it because the host was a woman and I even auto disliked the first few episodes but after the pi episode I was really impressed and started liking it. Maybe a woman is not so bad after all. She's good. Now I auto like the videos. I saw the last video she uploaded and it was 10/10 too.

And now that I like it, I think that she is perfect as a host for this kind of thing. I have always disliked when they put hot people as hosts. It is distracting. I look at their tits and think about fucking them. But she? She is like a low 6. I wouldn't fuck her. That's perfect. Her voice is also not sexy so that is also perfect. She is a perfect woman who I can respect.

I think the reason I disliked her for being a woman at first was because PBS has a long history of being absolute cucks (remember the PBS idea channel and the PBS gaming guy? Fucking cucks) so I thought "Oh, they finally did it! A big bad feminist going to talk about how women are opressed and science is sexist. Get ready for the feminist ride. Now instead of cucks cucks, they bring the women who cuck them directly" but she's good.

Now, I don't dare looking up her wikipedia page out of fear of her being a feminist and losing respect for her again. SHE'S SO GOOD. PLEASE DON'T BE A FUCKING IDEOLOGUE.

Anyways, to sum it up, that channel is the second best mathematics show after Numberphile. And while there are not many math shows, I really think it is really good. If Numberphile is a 10/10 then PBS is a 9.9/10.

>0
>natural number
>immediately stop video

>pi is not 3.14
>prime numbers are made up
>there is more than one infinity
>spheres with more than three dimensions

I think it's more useful to define a set as the natural numbers (with 0) and use the set of positive integers separately.

if zero was natural it shouldn't have taken the extra hundreds of years to become commonplace after the rest of the naturals were around

>muh tradition over functionality
kill yourself

what functionality? you literally only go from being a semigroup to a monoid by adding 0

>it's 'functional' to be able to count to 0 i.e. not actually count at all

damn nigger, i really hope that's a pasta, for your sake.

Not pasta. I really like the show.

Watching JewTube for education is the definition of brainlet.

how's life as a turboautist?

That's Professor Wildberger. He doesn't think that an infinite set can exist.

How am I a turboautist?

>I won't like this video purely on the principle of the host having a uterus

Well, I mean. It is fucking PBS. I already said how I expected only cancer from PBS. Two of their male host have been cancerous SJW feminists. I immediately assume the woman would be even worse, but she's alright. She has never gotten into autism rants about feminism and I hope she never does.

Damn dude

If you don't understand what I'm saying then you either have never seen the other PBS youtube channels or are a cuck (if male) or cunt (if female).

This is 4chins so you are probably a cuck tho.

Wow.

Woah.

>If Numberphile is a 10/10
Die in a fucking fire

These shows are so close to perfection. Problem is, they leave out critical stuff. In sphere packing, they didn't talk about the number of contact points (and how spheres would stack w/ only 4, etc). More worryingly, she didn't mention how to actually calculate the length of a circumference. In the same pi vid, she didn't talk much about the shape of the "circle" as the values of pi range from 3.14 to 4. Do the sides start conforming to a perfect square before the corners do? etc. .

if zero was natural it shouldn't have taken the extra hundreds of years to become commonplace after the rest of the naturals were around

the set referred to in the video is called WHOLE NUMBERS

>the set referred to in the video is called WHOLE NUMBERS
wrong

see

>Die in a fucking fire
Name a better youtube show about mathematics.

I'll wait.

Literally any other one, including the topic of this thread.

Sesame Street.

>including the topic of this thread.

Na. As I said, this show is good but numberphile is the epitome of great mathematics shows. Imagine if you were on a journey, travelling university to university to interview real modern mathematicians and ask them about algebra, geometry, number theory, etc. That is numberphile. Other shows just have some random host read a script for 10 minutes.

fuck off, Numberphile is really good just by the fact that they manage to make videos with so many great people.
but it's not the best
3Blue1Brown

>3Blue1Brown
I like that guy. But again, no.

I'd rather have the actual famous mathematician working in a field talk me about the field, than some 20 year old BSc faggot.

I mean, even though he clearly knows a lot and I respect him, he just reads problems to us. In numberphile Cedric Villani directly tells us about all the shit he does. And every other speaker for numberphile is an active researcher in the field they portray.

t.marketing department

Now I now Hiro needs money but they really need to start filtering content..