Why haven't you converted to teetotal master-race Veeky Forums?

Why haven't you converted to teetotal master-race Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

pubs.niaaa.nih.gov/publications/arh25-4/299-306.htm
alzinfo.org/articles/moderate-drinking-reduce-alzheimers-risk/
medscape.com/viewarticle/562474_3
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm pretty keen on coffee

I need the pudding, for that is where the proofs are.

I tried, but it's boring. Life's too short.

pubs.niaaa.nih.gov/publications/arh25-4/299-306.htm

coffee yes
alcohol no
I don't like being sedated.

Do LSD and mushrooms instead.
Objectively superior to booze.

Neither of those taste good, so they're not objectively superior

>can't find a real one to photograph for one of the three options

hmm...

alzinfo.org/articles/moderate-drinking-reduce-alzheimers-risk/

alcohol is a poison, it doesn't do shit.

Nicotine is superior.

Anything that gets you high or intoxicated is poison, factually speaking.

Nicotine is a pesticide.

medscape.com/viewarticle/562474_3
Moderate alcohol is cardioprotective, and it is well documented for a couple decades now by 100s of studies.
Fact.
The problem is the fine line between light to moderate, and excessive among users. That picture you show is disturbing in appearance, but it is nothing at all a cause for concern. Alzheimers is a huge concern, of course (but hey genetics), and the bottom picture has every brain cell intact, just a brain that is shrunken and a bit dehydrated, which goes right back to normal size after abstinence without losses. So, it's a misleading picture. This isn't brain damage like from recreational party drugs, which can be serious and permanent. It's important to me that you recognize the internet is full of myths. Go to peer-reviewed medical journals for your information.

Existing data suggest that light to moderate alcohol consumption confers CV protection predominantly through enhancement of insulin sensitivity, and elevation of high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol; however, improvements in inflammation and abdominal obesity may also be playing lesser roles in the apparent alcohol-related cardioprotection.
The anti-inflammatory effects of light to moderate alcohol intake were documented by reductions in C-reactive protein in a small randomized controlled trial and a large observational study,[31,32] and in tumor necrosis factor alpha, interleukin-6, and fibrinogen in other studies
Consumption of wine, more so than beer or spirits, has been independently associated with improvements in heart rate variability, a marker of autonomic balance.[34] This augmentation of the vagal tone could be a factor in improving CHD prognosis.

>the bottom picture has every brain cell intact, just a brain that is shrunken and a bit dehydrated, which goes right back to normal size after abstinence without losses
lol no

Long-term alcoholics with cerebellar atrophy, Wernicke's encephalopathy etc aren't necessarily going to return to normal brain function following abstinence.

It's a nice fantasy, but that's all it is.

It helps your brain.

>Moderate alcohol is cardioprotective
actually it isn't. new studies confirm alcohol increases risk of heart problems.

What level of drinking? I'm making my brain regimen and need to know if 1 glass of red wine a day is bad or good.

Physical addiction biologically alters the state of a brain.

1 glass of wine every day!? You absolute madman!

Studies are finding it's not just nicotine that makes cigs so addictive.
A patch is fine and seems to protect brain.

I guess you have reading comprehension issues, or understanding math. It has to do with low to moderate intake. And, "risk of heart problems" isn't medical terminology.
I sourced my article. Where is your "new studies" source?

I am. Also whole food vegan. The most I ever drank was part of a half pint at a cat themed vegan burger bar in Barcelona. Didn't feel great, so I stopped. Then I read some research on the carcinogenic and gut disrupting effects of alcohol and continued not drinking. How much are most people spending on that stuff?

I mean I didn't stop while drinking. My bf drank the rest of half pint. We weren't taking up two seats for one beer. We also had burgers and an order of garlic fries. There was a guy at the piano. It was nice. Except for the basic bitch we overheard sneering at the place on the way in. That was not so nice.

little did she know that a faggot would immortalize her story of disgust in an off topic blog on Veeky Forums's food and cooking board

I would probably be brilliant if I didn't drink. I get A's in all my upper division science classes while getting completely trashed every single night and when people tell me how hard they studied and got C's I feel bad for them. They're either stupid or lying to me about how much effort they put in.

If I can be at the front of the pack while drinking then why not drink?

Bad, make it 3 to 4 glasses a week.

>I am. Also whole food vegan

Your life sounds fucking miserable

Not at all. I eat a greater variety of foods than pretty much everyone I know and my dick works better than yours :^)

Why do the first two look like photos and the last looks like a cgi scan?

Good. So you can go fuck yourself :^)

No. It's very rigid and can't bend that way at all when erect.

>I eat a greater variety of foods than pretty much everyone I know

Are you trying to brag? Pretty sure semen isn't vegan you hypocrite, guess you have a point about variety at a gloryhole though

My dick is cute and feminine, checkmate faggot

because I'm going to die from cancer anyway like everyone else in my family

because it's fun and it helps me with anxiety so i can have fun on a bad day, i do an alright job of keeping myself under control

>tfw feel when soopar health butt brian iz to dummp aniway

Apparently OP is unaware (meaning "fucking stupid") that moderate alcohol consumption helps to keep one's arteries clear of dangerous buildups that can lead to heart attacks and strokes.

>new studies
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. One study doesn't disprove decades of research.

Because I'm not an alcoholic and I have the self-control where it doesn't have to be all or nothing.

>everything in moderation TEEEE HEEEEEE
HOW MODERATE DO YOU WANT YOUR CANCER?

>This is how fatasses actually think

>Love is factually posion

Put away your katana boy

>making fun of moderation
go tell that to the entire buddhist world

>NIAA
Fake data

fuck off trumptard

Front of the pack is relative when the pack is literally retarded. Stop drinking and get involved in research. Read more. Work to better yourself. Take up weaving. Start a noise band. There are more productive uses of your time than drinking.

So may as well do what you can to make it shorter and be worse off with what you do have right!

Last night I had about 5 shots of premium rum and vodka in the span of a couple hours and barely got a buzz. I don't drink more than once a week, even less than that in the last few weeks. Being able to hold my liquor might come in handy, and I don't get hangovers, but am I fucked?

Are you fat? Did you drink on a full stomach?

that picture of an alcoholic's brain is a CGI render which is why it looks all fucking wrinkled.

fuck off OP

>alcoholics too dumb to know what MRI is

I drank a shot of tequila in a glass of bluberry iced tea and I felt a slight buzz. The first half i had with some weed and a cheeseburger, the second was like 4 hours later before I went to bed. Some people just have higher tolerances.

You should know that wrinkling is GOOD then. It increase surface and volume of grey matter.
You know, the place where intelligence happens.

If they just legalized opiates this wouldnt be an issue.

>brain shrinkage is good
>less cortical tissue is good

>Opiates legalized for the general public
>People drink alcohol and take opiates
>Thousands dead and more with liver failure within a year
>Tax payers paying out the ass for overdose medications and ambulance trips

Good idea numbnuts. Opiates and alcohol are already their own separate issues.

In your case maybe they should legalize euthanasia too. Give me a call when you're done making your final arrangements.

Tbqh alcohol isn't that fun. I drink maybe once every two weekends.

Reported. Assault is a crime in the US and you just threatened me. That goes against the rules. Enjoy your ban. Lucky I'm not pressing charges.

I'm not surprised a degenerate drug user would do this though

My grandfather is a doctor and he drinks a bottle or two a day and has been doing so for the last 25+ years. He's in his early 80s now and he's about as healthy as you can be at that age.

>it's an anecdote post

Because I'm already a big weirdo, so it's easier if I just have a pint once in a while than looking like a total div while sipping on my water.

factually speaking everything is a poison if you ingest a large enough concentration of it

It's a meme arrow post

Opium (and pot, etc.) like cigarettes and alcohol, should have their prices regulated with taxes.
Smokes are over 90% taxes. That's one reason for not banning them or making greater efforts at reducing harmful use. Apply the same taxes as the mafia's margin, the end product will be a similar price as street product. And mafia's total margin (without "gifts" to both keep drugs illegal and their business running) is over 99%

That counter-balance the ill effects, in theory.

Doctorate in what?

how old are you, i used to be like you when i was 18-25ish, im 30 now and my hangovers are fucking like 2 days now.

>Reported

Claiming to report someone is against the rules. Enjoy your ban.

maybe if you don't believe in the idea of mental health