In a few decades, we will be able to reverse aging in humans

>in a few decades, we will be able to reverse aging in humans
>you will live for thousands of years
>you will forget where you were born, when you were born, your parents and your whole childhood

Is it really worth it? The only pro is that people will stay healthy for the duration of their lives.

Values would change. I don't know if it's "worth it," but the gripes you listed certainly don't matter at all.

>Is it really worth it?

Some would argue that the most important problem for philosophy is the inevitability of death. So yes, it is worth it.

>you will forget where you were born, when you were born, your parents and your whole childhood

Good.

Well, I'm not capable of choosing to die, so it doesn't matter. I'll either live forever or something out of my control will kill me.

Whatever happens, happens.

Of course it's worth it. Don't want to live 3000 years? Opt out after 300. Don't want to live longer than a human lifespan? At least your body isn't a withered husk by the time you die at 95.

after a few hundred years we might have external memory.
And since we don't get any older our memory might not even get worse.

Ok, now I'm fucking mad.

it means more milfs

If this succeeds, how do you plan to solve the overpopulation issue?

What would happen if the human brain were filled to its maximum capacity?

>implying this is possible in living humans, not just genetical modified fetuses

The amount of oxygen that reaches the cardiac system decreases as a function of age. The max lifespan of homo sapiens is 125 +||-2 years. Transumanism is the only hope of psuedo-immortality in living humans.

Grow new lungs in lab.

Less. The appeal of MILFs is the way they look. Soon all women will look like 16 year olds.

Function of age or function of aging?

>reverse aging in humans

Hardly practical. Substituting body parts or, possibly on the far future, exchange your body seems a lot efficient and doable than injecting a magical de-aging agent onto your bloodstream.

But anyway, i've read an article once (source has been unfortunately forgotten) about certain phenomena that cause the human brain to gradually create less memories as time goes on.
That would mean we would be in danger of getting stuck on the past, not of forgetting everything we knew. Also undesirable, goes without saying

Fuck off

This retarded hack hasn't made progress at all and yet he has been spewing his shit for years. Pseudo-science hack

noooo ;_;

>>you will forget where you were born, when you were born, your parents and your whole childhood
Good. This is the best thing I've ever heard.

>Is it really worth it?
This is a stupid question and not only due to my personal preference.

>tfw last year they successfully reversed the ageing in mice using genetic engineering last year and the mice got better in cardio activities, hair grew back, spines straightened.

Fucking hell. I should've went into bioengineering or some shit. This is pretty fucking cool.

This desu
>extend lifespan tenfold
>forget people like to fuck
>Malthusian catastrophe

Space colonization

yes, but I think I would remember, I still have nightmares every day

Pretty sure your brain would stop working at 130 due to all of the information stored in it through the years.

That's not how that works.

We would obviously need to have implantable extra storage.

Easy, part of the operation is tubes tied.

no one wants to die
that's the biggest pro and really the only reason to do it

none of us will live forever though because climate change and superbug epidemic

Suicide would prolly be most common

When we forget things its becouse are brain kinda puts a memory in its place and stores it in a deep spooky place were only the subconscious has access.
Future tech might be able to connect parts of our brain or sum to access that.

Super bug is being made super becouse we are making ourselfs super. We will win, it goes without needing to be said.

This is why space colonization is vital.

Dat gif...

The healthy aged is pretty good. Even looking 95 but feeling 35 would be a bonus.

Evolution

>is it worth it?
Yes however strict population control should be enforced. The brainlets should be allowed to die out while only the most intelligent of our species should be preserved. This is the only way to ensure efficient use of our planets limited resources. The only question is: Which forms of human intelligence will we keep and which will we abort? If immortality is achieved, natural selection must become artificial selection.

All the best sluts are brainlets...

All the best sluts will be robots.

Overpopulation is a non-issue if we have spaceships

>implying we won't have cybernetic interfaces allowing us to securely store memories in digital form

>The brainlets should be allowed to die out while only the most intelligent of our species should be preserved.

This happens by default. Extremely intelligent and well-educated people don't procreate with people who work as garbage collectors.

>people who work as garbage collectors.
people who work as garbage collectors still work and contribute. what about the people who only sustain themselves due to crime or welfare and shit out half a dozen kids just to have more welfare?

Who's to say that a group would come along and slyly silence the creators of reverse aging?

Reverse aging would open up an entirely new set of problems. Mainly, how we'd be able to feed, house, and care for the influx of people who would otherwise be dead.

Overpopulation would be a dramatic problem. We'd have to stop reproducing.

>people who work as garbage collectors still work and contribute

So what, you said brainlets. People who work low-skill low-pay jobs are almost certainly not Einsteinian in intelligence.

It will cease to happen by default if said garbage collectors are given immortality by default. Which is a problem for the gene pool.

>It will cease to happen by default if said garbage collectors are given immortality by default.

No it won't. Highly educated and well-off women don't become attracted to garbage collectors simply because you have infinite time.

Holy shit this entire thread is reddit-tier

Veeky Forums has really gone down in quality lately

Actually the longer people live the lower they tend to breed. Not mention with an extended span of life people will be more focused on raising their quality of life, which also drops the number of children being born as people focused more on themselves. People also tend to gain more wisdom the longer they live and intelligent people unironically don't get a lot of children.

Overpopulation for 1st world countries such as France, US, Korea, Japan, and others is a huge meme and nothing to worry about. Considering all 1st world countries birthrates are literally sitting at 1.7-1.8 and not enough to replace the population and take care of the aging population.

Overpopulation for 3rd world countries is a huge problem because they rely on large families and they have high chances of dying of not old age.

Even then you could get the people who get their life extended to sign papers to become sterile and agree not to have children at all. Or you make them sign a contract claiming they can only have descendants every 40-100 years.

Then leave

Based Aubrey

Space colonization

cure for aging has been discovered forever ago.
>insert starfish DNA,
>gain reverse aging abilities udner stress
>artificially insert stress
>age to preferred age remove genes again

So what if I forget things?
>Spend 100 years doing science
>Take a break, decide I want to do music
>Take a break, decide I want to do science
>etc, keep having a great time

Exactly. I've forgotten so much from when I was, say, 10 I may as well be a different person now. That guy (10 year old me) is dead.

When I'm 80, the 40 year old me will be dead.

Isn't this the case for us all? We're all Trigger's Brooms of memories.

I second this.

sounds pretty comfy desu lad

the latter of course and of course he is a retard for not noticing this

>what about the people who only sustain themselves due... welfare

HEY!!! TAKE IT BACK

they wouldn't have much to lose would they? so why not try.
To be attractive to somebody at least what I've heard is almost entirely about future prospects.

At least you'll be able to remember nearly 1000 years worth of your lifetime.

>lifespan increase becomes reality
>tfw giant zealot cult forms determined to rid the world of the technology and all people who used it.

We already have Islam.

>all these anons saying space colonization
The answer to overpopulation is sexbots.

We already have zealot cults like that. My thing for people like that is just for them to become Amish.

where is that guy who is afraid of aging and thinks everything we do should be about stopping or reversing it?

One of the most recognisable Veeky Forums posters t b h

What you did is immoral

Adding to this, women only come with so many ova. Even if they live forever young and get out of the effects of menopause somehow, most of the dating scene will naturally be infertile.

I would not remember anything once i'm dead.

So yeah, it's better in all accounts

>forget your childhood
I have videos of when I was little.
There's pictures.
I don't remember when I was 3, and those are enough for me now.
Why wouldn't it be the same for my current age when I'm 300?

>take a pill so i can toil away forever at mr shekelbergs interracial childrens toy factory

what a treat

I read that as
>You will get to rewatch all your favorite movies and play all your favorite games for the first time again

We are already dead. This is hell.

I've been refreshing Veeky Forums for the last 10 hours, and kind of believe you.

Why not 13 tho? Teenage body is best body

You are privileged indeed if you do not value health (not sickness, pain and fear).

There is only a natural way (symbiosis with vegetables and the environment) to reverse aging and cure cancers (cancer is caused by lack of o2 consumed in glucose ratio of ch2o).

For decades, bull-pooing CEOs have been saying they'll cure cancer in a few more years if we give them just a few more dollars.

Researchers are interested in money, grants, and will usually f people with fake data to ensure it keeps coming in.

And even if they found cure for cancer, do you really believe they'd give it out and give up their repeat drug business? As if a bunch of guys slapping chemicals around haphazardly are going to find a "drug" that is going to "fix" everyone.

yeah sure m8, and we'll develop cold fusion 20 years later.

How is the steam generated if it's cold?

The exact age stated in the Bible?!

Atheists eternally BTFO.

And uproot the entire vascular system in the brain?

>What are records

>(cancer is caused by lack of o2 consumed in glucose ratio of ch2o).

Can you elaborate?

>700 year old lolis

>all look like 16 year old models
>will have higher intellectual capacity than anyone alive today
>will still spend their time taking selfies rather than working on mathematics and physics
Kill me now

Relax, they'll have sexbots by the time we get to that future.

>>Geometry
Stop fedora tipping some people enjoy different shit.

Don't give the immortality vaccine to poor people and third worlders

Fuck off you dirty piece of shit go fuck yourself

grow a new fucking everything and find a way to keep the brain.
It's 2017 user, we wuz gods now.

Cancer wont be cured for at least another 20 years.
The economy is already in a worse spot that most people know. if the boomers were to last even 10 years more than they're expected to we'd have societal collapse on our hands.

Make it cause impotence

>you're apart of one of the last generations to die

>tfw
>your actually 10,000 yrs old
>can't process any new memories now so your stuck living your shitty life from 0-80yrs
>you will never die

those will be real

The Elite currently ruling Europe has decreed we must solve the underpopulation by mass immigration.

Yeah giving couples incentives to have kids will just result in Europe being full of white people. And we can't have that, can we?

I'm glad you understand, go-, er, guy

Except cancer will kill you no matter what.
The more time you are alive the the bigger the chance of getting cancer.

you're saying this as if we cant cure cancer