M-maybe people will respect me when I solve that integral... and that proof... and get that degree

>M-maybe people will respect me when I solve that integral... and that proof... and get that degree...

Other urls found in this thread:

nuclearactive.org/graphix/transport_accidents.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Isn't Obama only against the pipeline cause one of his buddies at CitiGroup owns the railroad that would be transporting the oil instead?

yes

also the one on the left tho ruined attempts to clean up nuclear waste by being complicit in the evisceration of the yucca mountain project. he then failed to follow through on the salt mound plans. so now we are currently keeping nearly all of our waste in onsite storage which has almost always leaked.

More info on that? I thought Yucca was mostly Harry Reid's fault in mothballing the facility with his NIMBY bullshit?

Argentinian here. We alredy had Macri for a year and he's basically the argentinian Trump.

Be prepared for all your government to be family/friends/CEO's who dont know shit about their area. I kek'd really hard when he proudly said after some shitstorm that they "were learning how to do stuff".

Lately there were many in the governmant that got replaced. At least he wants to get rid of illegal immigrants.

Also, Yucca being closed happened almost a decade ago, long before this guy came to be the SoE, right?

Being a theoretical physicist has almost no relevance to running the Department of Energy, unlike experience as a state governor and being on the board of a major corporation.

A scientist in such a broad management position is likely to favor funneling as much money as possible into research over near-term practical policy.

This. Although I think some measure of technocracy is more legitimate in government, it's not like a scientist is automatically a better manager of a huge department simply because he has an education in an extremely narrow field.

That said, most Republicans are dinguses.

only the top autists get respect

daily reminder most of the posters on sci are not american. its mostly euros.

we don't give a shit about trump or america, we just want to take a part of your sweet DoD budget so we can work on our scientific endeavors.

Also, no one Academic cares about someone in a position of power. Trump and America will disappear one day. Knowledge is eternal.

> almost a decade ago
false funding ended in 2011. Reid promised the support of the old guard dems in exchange for full support for gutting it.

Yucca was never closed only defunded. it still functions at a bare minimum. they are't accepting any waste. even though they spent $9 billion getting it ready to.

INB4 some idiot goes off on some seismic nonsense about a deep geological repository government accountability office has already written it in stone that yucca's defunding was entirely political in nature

I wonder if perry knows what the NNSA is

in perry's defense, his gpa was actually 2.22. The rest is accurate

What are the risk factors in transporting material to Yucca Mountain? How do they compare to storage on site at the source of waste?

Not being snarky, genuinely interested.

I'm entirely convinced Perry was a deliberate choice to downsize the DoE

Rick perry literally didn't know what the department of energy does until a week ago

That is highly homosexual in nature.

There has never been a single accident with nuclear waste transport so far the shear security effort put into highlevel and transuranic waste disposal is immense. You could flip a train at 80mph and the containers would be fine. They work very hard. Storage wise we are still dealing with material that started leaking 30 years ago. the current on site storage is beleived to be atleast marginaly secure atleast for the next 20 years or so. unfortunately there have been multiple incidents where i work that have shown that they come back to vats and they are missing material that the math indicates they shouldn't. TBQH the mot difficult stuff to get rid of is the small low level aste like radio iodine and salts produced in weapons production. shit as a tendency to excape so they try to basically glass it but not much money is going towards that. Our waste disposal options are honestly pretty simple. Yucca would have only exposed the local populus surrounding it to 1milirem per year which is well below the target background they wanted and would be practically unnoticed to the average yearly dose of most.

Also just for funnies and because I was talking about storage standards if you have ever wondered what the requirement for reactor encosures are strength wise. Since 9/11 it's been the standard that an enclosure must be able to resist force greater than that of a fullly fueled 747 impact.

I see you've been reading the fake news.

>There has never been a single accident with nuclear waste transport so far the shear security effort put into highlevel and transuranic waste disposal is immense.
You mean there has never been a single WIDELY PUBLIC accident with nuclear waste transport. The high security means that things can be hushed up.

nuclearactive.org/graphix/transport_accidents.pdf
>DOE and the nuclear industry have tried to create the impression that past transportation of irradiated nuclear fuel has been entirely safe. The Nuclear Energy Institute (NEI) claims that the U.S. has an ìoutstanding safety record of no radioactive leakage in more than 3000 shipments covering more than 1.7 million miles. This claim is false.
>In a 1996 report based on Atomic Energy Commission and DOE data entitled
Reported Incidents Involving Spent Nuclear Fuel Shipments, 1949 to Present, the Nevada Agency for Nuclear Projects documents 72 nuclear waste transportation accidents.

Anyway, for the most part they've dodged the issue of transportation by storing waste on-site and extending plant lives to put off decommission.

>knowledge is eternal

but that's wrong, user

>unironically shilling for a billionaire this hard for free
murder yourself my man