Do restaurant workers really spit in your food if they don't like you or they are having a bad day...

Do restaurant workers really spit in your food if they don't like you or they are having a bad day? Or is this just an urban legend type thing?

Depends on the person.

Yes, they spit in food. I have one friend who became floor manager at McDonalds whilst finishing school and he said he caught one or two employees doing it.

It's usually (1) after an extremely bad interaction with customer (that's why fast food restaurants try to keep customers separate from the people actually preparing the food; (2) when they want to be, or know they are going to be, fired.

Try to avoid shitty fast food establishment places.

What I do is have a quick look at who is preparing the food, and try to gauge how happy and how professional they look.

A good sign is they are all well groomed, shirts tucked in and ironed, are moving quickly and generally have a smile or upbeat attitude.

A bad sign is the opposite of above, and especially if you can sense some tension between the manager and the workers. That doesn't guarantee that they will spit in your food, but for me it's best just to be safe.

>A good sign is they are all well groomed, shirts tucked in and ironed, are moving quickly and generally have a smile or upbeat attitude.
One reason I liked In-N-Out. The workers usually looked happy, by fast food standards.

I was a bartender at a shitty chain restaurant and a veteran so I hate shitskins. If any would come in I would go behind the line and either get me or my cook bro to hide bacon bits in Muslim's food

Yes, depends on the place but yes people will fuck with your food if you're a cunt

I worked at a pizza joint and one day I noticed the order I was making was for a nemesis of mine when I was a teen, I would push a single pube into the pizza dough pre bake

>I was a bartender at a shitty chain restaurant and a veteran so I hate shitskins.

You realize tons of white people refuse to tip right, they're called Europeans

Also idk what backwoods area you're from, but Muslim is not a race...you can't tell somebody is a muslim from their skin color

That's a b8 post my dude

There are shitty people the world over. There are also all kinds of people who will not complain in a restaurant, make a special request or send food back to a chef. At. All.

It is indeed a good sign that everyone there is pretty damn happy. A place with a good amount of regulars, such as a good Cheers type bar, might have some good employees as well. A place making money hands over fist, tons of business, also might be the place in town people who are good, who like making money, are also working.
Help wanted/Chef wanted on the window? Bad sign.

Had nothing to do with tipping lad. Just a good healthy does of xenophobia, and Maryland isn't backwoods.

Virginia in general is backwoods in terms of the kind of people who live there

Unrelated, but when I was 17 I worked at Famous Footwear (American chain shoe store) and every night while closing when I had nothing to do I put my penis in all the shoes indiscriminately. I am no footfag I just thought it was funny and punk rock

lol

This is the kind of question someone who doesn't understand the very fundamental basics of reality would ask. Someone who sees everyone else as being like un-sentient empty robots that follow programming instead of living breathing organisms like themselves. Someone with legit diagnose non-meme narcissism or sociopathy or some other mental illness that prevents them from having empathy.
And the only reason they would ask this kind of question is because they suddenly had the faintest hint of insight that they can't actually do whatever the fuck they want or treat everyone like fucking disposable worthless objects without having it negatively effect them. But they are still clueless as fuck so they are asking as if they are concerned that "service robots" have faulty programming. Because they can't possibly understand that every single human on the face of the planet is different with their own agendas and completely unpredictable.

Alright we get it. The mean man yelled at you so you spit in his burger. Calm down.

Did you even go to class on Geography day?

dude...

No. The cheap man didn't tip me several times in a row, so I opened his pizza box in the car on the ride over, pointed all my vents at it, and blasted it with cold A/C while I took every side street, ate toppings off, licked his pepperonis and put them back on, then picked my nose and shoved my snot and boogers into his cheese.

justified tb h

Awww poor guy. Shoulda got a real job... fucking loser.lmao

I did as a pizza driver to people I blacklisted for being assholes or repeatedly not tipping while ordering regularly. Spit was a given, but I also often rubbed my hands all over my sweaty balls and asshole and then on the pizza. Also, being a pizza delivery driver is definitely not good for your opinion of, uh, certain folk.

It's an american thing.

Yeah, but judging from these threads, most american customers are just as big assholes as the people behind the counter, so it evens out.

Niggers?

In the five different places i've worked i've never seen it but I can't guarantee it's NEVER happened

I've been working in restaurants for over 15 years, and I've never seen it, nor had anyone even joking about it.

I'm sure it exists, but I think it's pretty rare.

yep.

obviously, he said BLACKlisted. Are you dense?

Most likely, I know we dip bills in the spit compartment in the till if the customers is talking on the phone/yelling/can't turn the product towards the scanner/won't greet the cashier/etc before giving them change.

wtf is a spit compartment?

id say waiters do it more than actual cooks/chefs.
all waiters are self entitled drug addicts.

and all cooks are criminals on work release

In N Out and ChicFila are the only two fast food places where the people working there seem to give a shit and always seem like they are enjoying their jobs.
They are also the only two fast food places that have heavy Christian influences. Really makes you think.

nom they are mexican. get a job fucking NEET and stop role playing as a piseed off waiter on a cambodian news site.

Anybody in the "food service industry" is pretty much bottom of the barrel of a person, it's entry level work that they think they're above, but it's the only god damn job they can get so they don't move onto better things. They think they're superior to everybody else and it comes out in anti-social behaviors like, yeah, fucking with your food. So fucking bitter and sure that they're smart and meant for better things, but they're "stuck" in this shit job for shit people

Service industry person here, I am superior to you because I wasn't handed anything by mommy and daddy

Stop projecting

They recruit heavily from students before they're broken by food service.

I worked my way through college at a national pizza chain and I can honestly say I never intentionally spit on a pizza. However, on a busy saturday or friday night, my sweat would drop onto it when I was cutting it. Also, occasionally a slice or even entire pizza would hit the floor and if it fell bottom crust down, we'd box it up for delivery or serve it to the floor. That's just what your going to get. It's one reason I haven't eaten in a restaurant in 9 years.

stop using buzzwords that you don't know the meaning of.

I worked at a Pita Pit/Subway/Quiznos type chain when I was a young piece of shit, and did a lot of closing shifts on my own.

On occasion if someone came in with less than 5 minutes before close, I'd ring their order up, go in the back, rub my gloved hands all over my cock/balls/asshole, and come back out and make their food with the same gloves while they were none the wiser.

You should work at a movie theater as a projector.

I always wonder why people like this don't simply refuse to serve the annoying customer.

If your response is "well, my boss won't let me refuse" then wouldn't it make more sense to direct your anger towards your employer rather than the customer? Why choose to blame the person who simply didn't know any better over the person who is actively taking advantage of you and intentionally created the situation for it to happen in the first place?

They have a cheerful attitude because:
By fast food chain standards they pat more
They are really organized and we'll staffed which makes it less stressful

Both these facts let them be more choosy about who they get and they are more likely to retain decent people.

>muh tips

I mean, there has to be a closing time. And even if we've tried to get an early jump on the final closing duties by having just about everything clean and put away for the next day, with 10 minutes left, we still have to take that last minute customer who's going to mess it up. We're still open.

Like I said I was young, and I eventually started locking the door early and shutting off the lights just to avoid that shit. A couple of times a week I'd have someone pulling on the locked door at 9:55 pm, but never received an official complaint... and come to think of it I did spit in the food here and there. I was a pretty unhappy guy.

>it's entry level work that they think they're above

/shrug

The only people I know in the restaurant biz got into it because they actually enjoyed being a cook or tending bar. Maybe waitresses or fast food drones are like that, but most folks in food service I've met seem to actually enjoy the work.

>Forced to do community service at local church
>Have to give out meals to creepy homeless people
>mfw I ripped a wet fart into the scrambled eggs in the back of the kitchen when no one was looking

Why do people feel entitled to tips?
Is this is an american thing?

Yes. In the U.S. jobs where tips are expected are legally allowed to pay less than minimum wage, so they expect to make at least the difference in tips.

Surprised anybody would be bothered to risk their job by doing so with how competitive even low wage jobs are to get these says unless they literally don't give a shit about their financial status. Or are ghetto rats/white trash.

If people even suspect their food has been tampered with you're fucked.

This is why I'm happy when I hear some dindu murdered or robbed a pizza guy

Your a prick who needs to be tied and fucked by a pig once. So you know the shame of being soiled by something out of your control.

This is it right there. Like clockwork.

It's more common in fast food and some chains than actual restaurants. Non fast food restaurants are held to higher standards and its easier to weed out the problem employees because of this. Also potential bad employees are usually weeded out during the interview process.

They do not pay even minimum wage to waiters in America.

No they aren't, that's a waiter lie

Stay this innocent, it is nice people like you are still around.

Actually the employer is legally required to pay any difference in earned wage+tip if it doesn't meat the state minimum wage.

More like they're the only chains who don't hire minorities as the majority of their employees. They always have white teenage staffs

Where i live in america, in the south. .. it is so.

in practice this dosent happen.

Why is this allowed?

Businesses can't not abide by state or federal law. Especially small business that probably can't afford legal penalties for not doing so.

You sound pretty angry Mohammed

Spotted the shitskin

Businesses ignore laws all the time. 99% of the time the agencies that are supposed to be policing this stuff are way too busy to catch them and they know that unless they get extremely unlucky it will never be a problem, so a lot of small businesses just say "fuck it" when the law is inconvenient to them.

Though this can lead to a lot of problems if a disgruntled employee decides to fuck them over down the line and manages to draw attention to what they've been doing.

Your a decent human being. Love you.

Reasonable. But not fact.

You would find the skin i am in is less important than what it contains. As you. I belive the ichor that you contain is foul.

I worked in an oilve garden and one of the cooks reheated some pasta in the microwave using toilet warer. He was upset they ordered food 10 minutes before closing

I once fired one of my baristas who was a complete dumbass and thought she could get away with spitting in a drink. She pretended to drop something while behind the espresso machine, bend down with the drink in her hand, and spit out a big one right into the cup right as I walked out of the back room. Fired and kicked out of the store on the spot, banned her from our location and told other nearby Starbucks store managers why I fired her incase she came looking for a job.

I've read somewhere that the water in the toilets at most restaurants is usually the cleanest water in the whole place.

Yep.

That's why you don't act like an asshole to them and treat them like people.

I am always pleasant to everyone I meet, and have never had any concerns about this.

But even if I am very polite maybe the guy is having a bad day and dislikes something I did without me knowing and spits in my food anyway? I mean all kinds of stuff can set waiters off even if you mean well, like I've seen some waiters that get pissed off if someone doesn't order a drink, or does order a drink but it's something that they feel doesn't represent a good enough tip/effort ratio to be worth their time, or doesn't get an appetizer, or basically does anything that doesn't optimize the amount of money they will be making off your tip. And even if you just don't give a fuck about your wallet there's other stuff you could do to make someone mad without knowing it.

Used to be a cook. It was the servers you had to worry about. One server put some pubes in this guys sandwich because he thought he robbed him. Prolly not the cooks unless they really hate their jobs.

I'm a cook and 75% of the cooking staff at my restaurant is Mexican.

The employer may be legally required to make-up the difference but there's nothing to stop them from letting a waiter who they have to keep paying the difference for go when they can hire another Becky Big-Tits and only pay her $2.13 an hour.

>be a first world worker
>get mad when people dont give you charity
nice country americans

Not to mention their food's fucking delicious.

Man, nobody's going to fucking spit in your food because you ordered a water. Just think about it.

Benefit to waiter: mild self-satisfaction for INCREDIBLY SMALL (if that) affront.

Detriment to waiter: losing his sole means of providing for himself on this Earth.

But what if he's already in a shitty mood and that's the last straw?

Actually if they're not aware, not conscious and not willingly eat the pork it's completely okay
For example there are quite a few occasions when I accidentally eat pork product when I'm working as a cook, not really a big deal
T. Mosley cook

If you only go in white neighborhoods. Inn n out doesn't give a shit about who they pay to do minimum wage jobs, or do you think the owners go on /po/.

*/pol/* hehe

If they do this in California they go to prison its food tampering and is a felony i like getting mexicans deported

A real shitskin would know that it's not a sin/offense/whatever if someone tricks them/forces it on them.
All the retards who dip their bullets in lard are just that: Retards.

High shopping traffic.
The only places people get pissed are at high traffic areas or, of course, shit neighborhoods because they come there purposely.
With a chain next to a shopping complex, people only swing by these chains like you pick up gum at the check-out. The best places where they have this air of cleanliness and the workers radiate professionalism but are still chill are on streets that are in high shopping traffic areas. Taco Bells I've been to look kinda crummy, except one that's near a mall "metropolis" (one mall and a giant stripmall separated by a single street).
It's quiet, everyone just orders their food and leaves or watches the TV.

What a pathetic loser who can't even get a real job

That is reasonable, however people dumb enough to become waiters and not get real jobs are not reasonable.