/COWFEE/

Post coffee and coffee autism in this ITT!
Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JYjVFtHVBpI
nypost.com/2015/04/24/why-snorting-cocoa-is-the-new-afternoon-pick-me-up/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How is art any more complex than rosetta-tier stuff done?

youtube.com/watch?v=JYjVFtHVBpI

>15 minutes
That's quite a while to cool down before the recipient gets it.

Do any of you add things to your grounds before brewing? I tried putting some cinnamon in a pourover today at my aunt's suggestion and it was all right. I don't really know how much to use and don't want to use my good beans for fear of ruining the cup but I might mess with it a bit more.

She also mentioned choffey(?) which is cocoa beans roasted like coffee and that sounds pretty good to add.

If I'm brewing really terrible coffee I'll put a teaspoon of honey in with the grounds, or sometimes a hunk of panela

I want to know how turks make their coffee so foamy looking without adding anything to it
I have a mokapot and french press but neither create anything more than just a black coffee

I've tried making it at home but I didn't get foam.
Fresh ground, powder consistency.
No foam.

if your french press doesn't have that foam when you're brewing it, you're doing something wrong. stale coffee most likely

Turkish foam =/= normal foam

When latte art becomes that complex, it becomes chiefly art to be appreciated more than a beverage to be consumed. I see where you're coming from, as it defeats the purpose of making the drink.

On the darker roasts I put a very small pinch of salt to take the bitter edge off. I'll try out the cinnamon for sure. I've heard mixed things about choffy, I haven't had it myself.

Turkish coffee doesn't have normal crema. It's a combination of the grind size, the brewing method, and that the grounds and liquid are not separated during brewing.

You can get a crema-like foam from moka, but crema only occurs with espresso.

Why are coffee videos on youtube so ill informed and terrible?

Just now I saw an woman making an espresso drink with underextracted brown piss in lieu of espresso and another video where someone was cleaning out their french press by scooping out the grounds with their bare hands.

1. I don't know what "normal foam" is
2. never said it was identical to espresso crema, or the foam you get in a V60, or any other kind of blooming, just that coffee should bloom, and that guy's apparently wasn't

Is this the tea thread?

I want to get 50 pound bulk bags of green so I never need to go outside for coffee again, where in the NYC area can I find it? The only places I've found are retailers selling one pound bags and they refuse to tell me who thier source is. Places like Maria's kill me on freight too so that's out.

To clean my press I just put some water in, swirl, and dump into the garbage.

I hope this thread doesn't turn out as bad as the last one. I think I literally got cancer.

since when the coffee general is mixed with anime autism?

are there two threads or is this the only general?

I prefer instant coffee.

Take small pot add water,fine ground like flour fine coffee, and sugar. Heat low until it bubbles/boils/foams take off heat until it dies down a bit . Heat again. Heat again .serve.

>a thread dedicated to badamphetamine
git fucking gud kids

I refuse to post in this thread. Previous thread was very intense.
You guys need medical attention and severe tortures using high pitched sound of a broken coffee grinder.
I'm going to start snorting instant coffee. Fuck all that brewing insanity.
BREWING COFFEE IS SO YESTERDAY.
SNORTING IS THE NEWEST TREND.
YOU ARE ALL PLEBS UNLESS YOU SNORT YOUR JAVA.
I'M MOVING FORWARD, YOU STAY IN THE STONE AGE, FUCKERS

>but crema only occurs with espresso.
and fappping

>by scooping out the grounds with their bare hands.
stop fucking spreading fake news asshole :)

no it's the pee thread

>I've found are retailers selling
don't fucking go to retailers go to wholesalers you dick
or get in touch with coffee mafia Bosses, like Italians

stop polluting, be environmentally responsible you delusional coffee narcissist

I will contribute to it don't you fucker worry about it

What do you know about toxic molds growing on coffee beans?

BRAVO!
SOPHISTICATED MODERN COFFEE CONNOISSEUR IN THIS SAD AND DELUSIONAL COFFEE THREAD

Robusta > Arabica

I put a good amount of cream and sugar in my coffee and I don't even give a fuck.

It's just adenosine, the poor mans amphetamine

>the coldbrewing coffee and can drink it black no sugar

For Vietnamese, yeah

so you drinking coffee like a pussy
why not to be a real man and drink it black

Trying to get the hang of turkish. I got some foam this time, but used too much coffee for the amount of water.

are you adding any sugar
no sugar no head foam faggot

This was 12g coffee, 3oz water, and 1/2tsp sugar.

you are coffee butcher.
with 12 oz coffee you are reaching limits of insanity.
stop it.
downsize.

What should I try next time?

If I wanted to drink something that tasted like shit I'd drink alcohol.

by alcohol you mean rose wine

try google and consult Turkish or Greek fuckers they brew this type of coffee for centuries
or switch to instant coffee to quit this misery

Rounded teaspoons are no basis for a system of measurement. I work in numbers.

>I work in numbers.
well in that case start counting coffee grounds asshole,
it will be 14.385.974 coffee grounds of very fine grounded Arabica coffee beans

I tried making cafe au lait and it tasted just like my regular coffee despite using twice my usual ratio of coffee to make a pretend espresso shot.

Then I remembered I hate milk and didn't even finish it.
I feel like I wouldn't enjoy most coffee beverages because they're 90% milk and 1% burnt shit coffee flavoring extruded from a 2000 dollar machine.

Thanks nigga

sounds like you are perfect candidate to start brewing instant coffee
escape the rat race trying to reach the illusion of brewing coffee using ancient methods
or start snorting, really snorting coffee is the thing to do now.

FUCK OFF

scared of exploring new methods of coffee blitz
pussy

From New York Post

Why snorting cocoa is the new afternoon pick-me-up.
nypost.com/2015/04/24/why-snorting-cocoa-is-the-new-afternoon-pick-me-up/

why is the media so disconnected from reality lately?

Because local news keeps losing funding and most media now is controlled by the coasts. The media has no connection to the people anymore. It's a business like everything else.

>hates milk
Euthanize yourself, unter

Turkish coffee rarely gets reduced to exact gram measurements, it's usually rounded to somewhere around 1 tablespoon of coffee for every ~150ml of water, and a normal amount of sugar for that much coffee would be about 1 tablespoon.

The trick is to pour off / spoon off the crema as it builds, to leave surface area for the next crema. The crema is essentially water and coffee bonding, with the emissions of carbon dioxide stretching their bonds. The sugar elasticizes these bonds and helps promote a full bodied crema. You want to agitate the ibrik / cezve as little as possible during brewing / pouring.

>it's usually rounded to somewhere around 1 tablespoon of coffee for every ~150ml of water,
user are you blind, that fucker has principles
>Rounded teaspoons are no basis for a system of measurement. I work in numbers.
give him exact laboratory weight measurements or he will call you pleb

Aeropress is somehow underrated and overrated in the same time.

Love the clear cup when I'm not in the mood for espresso. I haven't looked at my french press for a minute now.

Coffee: 20g
Water: 230g @ 79°C
Brewer: Inverted
Filter: Paper

Heat water to 79°C
Add 60g of water
Turbulent wiggle for 15 seconds
Allow 30 seconds of bloom
Add the rest of the water in 10 seconds
Press down for 45 seconds

Total brew time - 1:35

I have aeropress and i don't follow that suggested brew time of 1:45, i let the water stay the same amount of time as in french crap press
around 5 minutes and coffee comes fantastic also i use metal filter i like to get the oils in my coffee you know the full package.
to me eliminating coffee oils is the same as eating white bread eliminating all the other nourishing ingredients
that are present in the whole wheat flour.
only morons would prefer to drink coffee where the oils are removed.

You know I do have the metal filter but I can't say I have used it more then twice.
I'll give it another shot!

yes the metal filter comes with the aeropress.
as you know you will get some coffee grinds coming through but i just ignore them since they stay on the bottom of the cup, similar like in french press

Got a bottomless portafilter.
I'm gonna get exposed as fuck.
Can't wait to play with it, hyped for new gear.

oils are fine, in espresso

coarse grind brewing methods like french press are a cancer though, and intentionally overextracting with your aeropress just shows you suck at making coffee

And an IMS 21g basket.
Was curios if anyone is using or has used the IMS ones and especially compared to the VST how do they stack up?

>79c

This exactly is why Aeropress is a fucking meme. You are making cold brew coffee, you inveterate pleb. Water cannot extract coffee properly below 195f. Just fucking make cold brew in big batches if you want a toddy brewed drink.

No I know what tastes better and I don't follow instructions like stupid sheep,that's your job.

>oils are fine, in espresso
you are so stupid it made me laugh

Okay.
Personally I let it boil and wait 30sec then pour, it tastes great.

I use a french press like 90% of the time

My housemate has some wack air pressure espresso machine

I buy beans roasted by some motherfuckers I've known since high school

I never check temperature of the water I use to brew coffee.

>I never check temperature of the water I use to brew coffee.
And that shows that you are normal. Only freaks will claim that rolling boiling water is destructive to the final effect
of brewed coffee.
You have to have rotting brain to believe that nonsense.

What is the purpose of bloom?

Especially in a French press or aeropress.

Green tea.

no point in a french press

So I have this coffee storage can with one-way valve for the CO2 to escape. Question is how do I know it works and its not just plain holes?

it's just feminine bullshit that "coffee people" like to do because it makes them look more knowledgeable than some instant drinking pleb.
Same with pre-warming your mug with hot water and buying from microroasters.

how is this gay?

pretty sure the character is a dude, dude

gay af

If you like the end product, good for you.

But, as an autist, that way will usually create a weak cup or a bitter cup.

This is correct

no it won't lmao

how tf is it a dude?

well technically it is just a drawing

If you use a finer grind in a french press you do tend to get crema. It's not as much as you get from pressurized steam, but it's there.

>become coffee autist
>become accustomed to actual good coffee
>can't stomach starbucks shit (this is actually undrinkable) or generic coffee you get in dining halls and such
>can't have any coffee when I run out of beans
>mfw new order won't arrive until tuesday probably

who here regrets falling for the coffee meme

I like being able to make good coffee at home, but I also drink shitty coffee when I'm being lazy.

>skip milk and sugar because of acne
>after a while, can actually start differentiating good and shitty coffee
is wine the same? i feel pretentious for drinking black now though.

Anime is gay, user. Especially engaging in anime in public - extremely gay. Sorry to have to break it to you, but it's for your own good that you know this.

>liking cute girls makes you gay

Haha what

to be fair, that's not a girl

Get this 'Ceci n'est pas une pipe' shit out of here

Won't it go bad before you can use it all?

the character is Felix from Re:Zero, a very well known trap

coffee is actually brown, not black

>use a drip coffee maker for years with pre-ground coffee from chain grocery stores
>favorite is Seattle's Best Dark Roast (5)
>last time accidentally get the whole bean version
>well i do have a coffee grinder I've never used
>start grinding my own beans in the morning
>mfw the coffee is so much better

well see ya later

see

now just wait till you buy fresh roasted / roast your own

even bigger difference than grinding for yourself

YOU MUST ROAST YOUR OWN USING A CAST IRON PAN AND USE THE BEANS WITHIN 37 SECONDS OR THEY ARE STALE GARBAGE!!!!!ONE!!!

what does /cowfee/ think about french presses?

>in this ITT
>in this in this thread

Almost as bad as RIP in peace.
OP must be young and stupid.

It's on purpose, you failed the autism test.